Where To Buy Track And Field Shoes In Chiang Mai

lalalanka

I am looking for a shop that sells track and field shoes in Chiang Mai (or perhaps in Bangkok).

I tried to find the information on the Net, but I seem to have no luck in finding one. If you happen to know where I can buy one in town, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Khun lizardtongue and Khun JeffreyMcCollum,

Thanks very much for the information.

Not realising there are quite a few sports shoe shops at Kad Suan Kaew, I went there this afternoon for the track and field shoes. I just went to a shop on the basement and the sports section in the Central, and no luck in finding one. One shop assistant at Central told me I'll have to go to Bangkok for such shoes, but I think I'll go to the other shops at Kad Suan Kaew and Airport Plaza tomorrow, just in case.

Thanks again for your help.

Actually you missed the big sports store at Kad Suan Kaew, it's a really weird shaped mall if you're not used to it you can get lost. Go up to the first floor and walk passed the escalators. You'll see a hallway bearing to the left follow it past a whole bunch of hair salons and the like and you'll come to a very large sports shop, they have hundred of different shoes, from soccer, to running, hiking and walking and pretty much everything else. I just cheeked their website and it says Sports World is on the 2nd floor zone C. http://www.kadsuankaew.co.th/ Here is a link to the sports store http://www.sportsworld.co.th/en/home.php looks like they have everything you're looking for.

Being old I don't know.But when I was young track and field shoes had little cleats on them.

If that is not what you want I am sure that one of the many sports stores will have what you want.

???

Like i said when I was young.

Track and field were a competive sport and the shoes had cleats on them as do a set of golf shoes. They were smaller and sharper.

Perhaps over the years they have come up with a different version of track and field shoes.

Not having to golf I don't know if they still have golf shoes with cleats.

I bought some nice running shoes at the Sports Centre in Kad Suan Keow recently. 60% off as they had a sale. Great for doing my morning walks, with the little rubber cleats moulded in, but do not tread in anything nasty, as it's hard to get out!!

Better to have a more open sole pattern in view of the fact that there's a lot of untrained dog owners around.

I have not seen them in shops here myself, but I have never looked for anything but regular running shoes myself, so

would not rule it completely out. Since I see no relevant information in the other postings here (with one poster in particular, as usual, capturing the prize for "most irrelevant post"), my best suggestion, if you can not find them in the regular sports shops, is to ask somebody who understands what you talk about.

At the old 700 year stadium in town (in the Chang Puak area) at round 17:00-19:00 on most weekdays, you are likely to find a few young people doing track and field training, sometimes with track and field shoes, sometimes with regular running shoes. I'm sure they'd be able to tell you where they bought them.

Dear Khun DowntownAl, Khun hellodolly, Khun Chicog, Khun masuk and Khun Awk,

Thanks very much indeed for your input. I couldn't make it to Airport Plaza, but I went to the SportWorld at Kad Suan Kaew today, thanks to the directions kindly given by Khun DowntownAl. I was unaware of the section of the complex until today. Shocking, I must say... Anyway, despite the large selection of shoes they had, they also told me I would have to go to Bangkok for those track and field shoes.

Like Khun Chicog and Khun Awk suggested, I should go and ask those athletes where they bought their shoes. Yet, I'm going to Bangkok tomorrow, so I'm just hoping I can find those shoes there.

Thanks again for all your suggestions. Much appreciated.

Just to follow up on my luck in BKK, there wasn't any...

I went to a large sports section of the Central Lat Phrao, and they didn't have any.

They recommended that I should go to the 'FBT Tower (or Building)'.

It was a three- or four-story building, all sports-related, and it was quite huge. There they had their FBT track and field shoes, but I was actually looking for NIKE ones. They said I should go to the largest NIKE shop in town, which is at Siam Paragon. I did go there, and they said they don't sell such shoes in Thailand.

Well, after returning to Chiang Mai, I think I'll go to CMU or the old 700 year stadium and ask the athletes where they bought their shoes.

This type of information is too specific and may not be useful for the general audience, but just in case...

Dear Khun Konini,

Thanks very much for the 'bad' news! It is a bit hard to believe you can't find those shoes in Thailand, but I guess it is the reality...

Thanks again.

How many T&F medals did Thailand win in the recent Olympics?