Suitcase Clingfilm Wrapping Service At Cnx Airport.

haybilly

Does anyone know whether there is anyone offering the service whereby they will wrap ones hold baggage in Clingfilm, or kitchen wrap, for extra security, at CNX Airport??

If so, where is it situated, how much does it cost, etc..

Also--what are the pros and cons, please.

I recently read a letter in the travel section of a newspaper claiming that these travellers had their bags cling wrapped at some airport somewhere and when they arrived home they still found some items missing - iPhone and other stuff like that if i recall. They were still bleeding stupid putting valuables like that in baggage in the hold whether it is cling wrapped or not. The bags were most likely unwrapped, bags opened and stuff removed then cling wrapped again . Wish i could remember more details as to what airport it was . True story i don't know, just a letter in the travel section .

You cling wrap any baggage in the US and the TSA will just rip it all off anyway.

This was what I thought--does seem like one could be inviting problems--might just go the old fashioned way after all; one of our cases has seen better days but, with a couple of straps should make the journey unscathed. Plus, it would be a Royal Pain In The Ass trying to get a jacket out at the other end--I have trouble with food that is cling-wrapped.

The cling-film thing exploded after Australian Chapelle Corby was caught with several kg of weed in her surf/body board in Bali. She divided Australian public opinion almost as much as Lindy Chamberlain - maybe she did it, maybe the baggage handlers did it and it got through without them catching it on the other end (I've heard of this happening before, apparently it's a common way of transporting drugs around Australia. Quick phone call from one baggage handler to another, flight number whatever, red suitcase, side pocket. I doubt the cling film would stop anyone stealing from you, it's just a bit more reassuring that nobody is putting anything into your bag. I just make sure I have tie wraps on all of my zips so my bags can't be opened without me knowing. You could do it yourself at home before you left for free (except time and cost of cling film).

• 3 weeks later...

Just to confirm--at CNX Airport there is a guy offering to do the wrapping just after you enter the building--almost immediately after the security have X-Rayed your bags on entry--150 Baht per case; I still didn't take up the option--based on my previous comment, and our old bags arrived undamaged. I am still tempted to try it as a means to ensure they don't pop apart on future trips--alright if one's bags are not over-filled but, with my daughter wanting to pack nearly every doll she has in our house on every journey, they soon reach bursting point.