Hotel Near Jatujak Or Victory Monument

Hi

i will be relocating to thailand within the next week and will be looking to find an aprt/condo straight away, i have decided i would like to live in or around Jatujak, Victory Monument or near the Chao Praya....can any one recommend a hotel (cheapish) near any on these destinations.

many thanks

B

• 1 year later...

We were after exactly the same thing -- a budget hotel near Chatuchak Market, so that we could get an early start and see the market before the heat became too oppressive, and also near Victory Monument, where we could catch both a mini-bus to Ayuthaya and a public bus to the airport. The best hotel for you, we found, would be the My House Hotel, which is just a couple of minutes' walk from Ari Skytrain Station. That's two stops one way from Victory, and two stops the other way fromn the market.

We didn't stay there, however, as it was full... pity, as the location was just perfect and it looked lovely. We did find a substitute, but while it's even closer (MUCH closer... a ten-minute walk!) from Chatuchak Market, it's a fifteen minute walk from a station (you walk through the market to get to the station), so it's less convenient for Victory Monument. Still, it's cheap (620 baht for a large triple room with fridge, TV, and ensuite), and being able to walk to the market in ten minutes was such a plus! This hotel is called Super Hotel, and while it's not exactly super, it is good value, and certainly you'll enjoy the quiet area where it's situated... among suburban houses and a few quiet cafes, it's quite a contrast to the usual hectic image of Bangkok!