Australian Tourist Visa For Thai G/f

"David48

My experience, and the experience of many here is that Statutory Declarations contribute negligible weighting towards a Visa application."

this may be the case David but don't you agree that the more weight you can add to any application then it is well worth it?

cheers

Replying to the 2 posts above.

Taking a different perspective, does submitting 'Stat Decs' have a detrimental or negative effect on the Visa application? ... no, absolutely not.

But when you look at compiling the information required to convince the processing officer to grant a particular Visa, I just think that the energies and time taken to obtain, complete and witness these documents are more efficiently spent on more vital parts of the application.

One of this vital things the reason for the return to Thailand.

Sometimes, this can be a straight forward, as it was with my lady's application, but sometimes presents more of a challenge and you need to be more creative.

Same could be said of the submitted photos.

What is the reason for photos within a Visa application?

Proof that the applicant and the sponsor has met AND that they have spent considerable time together.

I read once that someone submitted 40 pages of photos ... <deleted>!

Imagine wading through 40 pages (40 * 6) ... 240 photos of a couple and family about whom the reader has no connection.

My suggestion with photos is to show not ALL the holidays photos but the important ones.

Photos of you, her and her family.

Photos of specific events such at Christmas, Songkran etc. These images gives the viewer clues of the timeline that you have spent together.

Under each photo place the location, month and year.

I have no special connections or experience … but I do and have researched the topic extensively and, to date, none of my applications have been declined.

Some my disagree with my suggestions … mileage varies with each person.

• Like 1

So that must mean you never use stat decs for any visa apps correct?

Hi krisb

In my case -- you are correct ! If the sponsor of a visa application wishes to use one as part of his supporting documentation then obviously it can do no harm. The point that several posters and myself are attempting to make is that they have no (or negligible) weight. If they did I am sure this fact would be mentioned (or even highlighted) somewhere on the DIMA site -- you shall find it is not. This would be a good place to start -- under: "A complete application would include"

thailand.embassy.gov.au/files/bkok/Visa_Visitor_Eng.pdf

If the sponsor does not live in Bangkok there where can a Commonwealth Stat. Dec. be witnessed?

Additionally -- when the sponsor resides in Thailand any breach of the terms of a Stat. Dec. poses some difficulties in prosecution.

Over the past 7or 8 years my (now) wife has managed to obtain six 12 month multiple entry tourist Visas without the use of any statutory declarations.

Although not for a tourist visa, when we did the fiancee visa a while ago now, I feel there was 1 thing that made our case worker say yes. After waiting the 9 months as we all have to, our case worker rang my mrs who was home in Thailand and wanted to know something (cant remember what it was now), and my mrs got me on the phone to talk to the case worker. Im sure that it was the fact heres the fiancee(me) with my fiancee(her) at her home in Thailand after so many months, she must have thought to herself "their relationship is genuine".

A week later we went to Bangkok to collect the 300visa!

People need to understand that the Embassy and VFS people arent demons. They are simply in place to stop the sham marriages and child exploitation purveyors among other things. Im sure we all feel these wrongdoers need to be ousted.

As long as your relationship is genuine, noone in the world has the power to say "no you cant live with that person".

Ive noticed that some countries are alot harder than others to get visas approved, but here in Australia we are blessed I think and its relatively easy. just tick the boxes pay the costs associated and wait your turn in line.

The day is slowly getting closer for my wife and I when we wont have to do anymore visas and shes an "Aussie"! That day will be a milestone celebration in the life of someone special to me.smile.png

Cant wait!

Hi krisb

In my case -- you are correct ! If the sponsor of a visa application wishes to use one as part of his supporting documentation then obviously it can do no harm. The point that several posters and myself are attempting to make is that they have no (or negligible) weight. If they did I am sure this fact would be mentioned (or even highlighted) somewhere on the DIMA site -- you shall find it is not. This would be a good place to start -- under: "A complete application would include"

If the sponsor does not live in Bangkok there where can a Commonwealth Stat. Dec. be witnessed?

Additionally -- when the sponsor resides in Thailand any breach of the terms of a Stat. Dec. poses some difficulties in prosecution.

Over the past 7or 8 years my (now) wife has managed to obtain six 12 month multiple entry tourist Visas without the use of any statutory declarations.

thats alot of tourist visas!

Ive never considered that path before. I suppose if you guys arent living in Australia than thats the option.

Pitty you cant get frequent flyer points for tourist visa fees!

Do you plan on keep on getting them for the for seeable future at a considerable cost?

Man thats a sizeable expense!

OK, back to the topic,

There would have to be Justice of the peace in Thailand for Aussies. Surely? Although Ive never considered.

How do you verify things like copies of passports etc for applications like here in Australia?

Edited by krisb

Australian Statutory Declarations may be witnessed at the Australian Embassy ( Consular Section).

For applications for visas one sends copies only and the originals must be sighted at an interview or when requested in person.

Translations where required are carried out by a translation agency.

The exemption here is when applying for a visitors visa eg 676, the original documents have to be seen by DIAC.

Edited by electau

Australian Statutory Declarations may be witnessed at the Australian Embassy ( Consular Section).

For applications for visas one sends copies only and the originals must be sighted at an interview or when requested in person.

The exemption here is when applying for a visitors visa eg 676, the original documents have to be seen by DIAC.

What do they charge for this in Bangkok? I did it in London in 2007 and it was £13 per item!

What do they charge for this in Bangkok? I did it in London in 2007 and it was £13 per item!

If the Australian Statutory Declaration is to be used by DIAC or to be used in Australia there is no charge for witnessing. If the document is to be used in Thailand they will charge a fee, about 620 THB or AUD 20. depends on the FX rate.

should be free.

Hi krisb

thats alot of tourist visas!

Ive never considered that path before. I suppose if you guys arent living in Australia than thats the option.

Pitty you cant get frequent flyer points for tourist visa fees!

Do you plan on keep on getting them for the for seeable future at a considerable cost?

Man thats a sizeable expense!

OK, back to the topic,

There would have to be Justice of the peace in Thailand for Aussies. Surely? Although Ive never considered.

How do you verify things like copies of passports etc for applications like here in Australia?

Hi krisb

Well .... 6 tourist visas in about 7 - 8 years is not too bad. I think each visa cost a bit over $100-00. We traveled to Aust maybe 10 or 12 times as I was mostly working here during those years. Some years 3 trips -- others only 1. Now ... after retirement things have changed.

Translation/certification services here are abundant ..... and cheap --- particularly in the bush -- where we live.

For a tourist visa the original passport must accompany the application --- but for only one year did we bother with a trip to Bkk to visit VHS -- we simply applied by mail direct to the embassy. Yes .. it can be done.

This meant that getting a Stat. Dec, witnessed (in Bkk) was an unreasonable task as I know of nowhere outside Bkk where it could be done.

How strict is the VFS (and therefore the embassy) on requiring things like Thai marriage certificates and Tabien Bahn (House deeds) translated from Thai to english?

We've got lots of good paperwork (I reckon) but it's copies of Thai originals

How strict is the VFS (and therefore the embassy) on requiring things like Thai marriage certificates and Tabien Bahn (House deeds) translated from Thai to english?

They must be translated into English, there are numerous translation offices that will do it for about 400THB per A4 page.

If an Australian document is to be used in Thailand eg for marriage purposes it must be translated into Thai and then notarised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (fee payable).

They must be translated into English, there are numerous translation offices that will do it for about 400THB per A4 page.

If an Australian document is to be used in Thailand eg for marriage purposes it must be translated into Thai and then notarised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (fee payable).

yes correct, they must be translated. the easiest place perhaps not the cheapest is the service located ground floor of vfs building. I found it was most convenient although I helped them with translating which seemed abit un proffesional I thought.

• 3 weeks later...

yes correct, they must be translated. the easiest place perhaps not the cheapest is the service located ground floor of vfs building. I found it was most convenient although I helped them with translating which seemed abit un proffesional I thought.

They didn't have to be translated. She got the visa after 5 days, delivered to our door.

We just used copies of the original Tabien Baans and mortgage and marriage cert

Not saying all cases turn out like that though

• 2 months later...

There are some people here who know what theyre talking about and others that dont, unfortunately for Merlen he falls in to the latter.

As far as stat decs go I dont place any extra credit on them as a well written letter is just fine. Ive dealt with many stat decs in my time and the crap that people put on them in the false belief that it will help them in some way shape or form is delusional. If diac want a stat dec then i will provide them with one otherwise no need to get so caught up on them. For my thai gf's tourist visa i provided a letter, for a fiancee/partner visa i shall provide stat decs as its on the list of what they want.

If you stand in front of a judge and swear ur stat dec is the truth and its not, thats when u will have issues.

• Like 2