Australian Tourist Visa For Thai G/f

Hi Guys.

Have another question regarding the visa for my thai g/f.

I want her to go to OZ in Feb. 2013, and want to apply asap so i can book a cheap airfare well in advance.

When does the 3 months start, when you apply or when the visa is issued or from the date you specify in the application.

MANY thanks in advance for your time.

smile.png

My Thai lady applied for a tourist visa for Australia on the 05/09/2012 and was issued a three months visa on the 06/09/2012 she only had accommodation guaranteed by my brother and his wife in Sydney, and accommodation guaranteed by a mate of mine on the Gold Coast, no financial support from any one in Australia or by me, we will travel to Australia together, the things she had going for her was a very good bank account, her own small business, and a great reference letter from her Bank, from the head office, invites from my brother and his wife, and my mate on the Gold Coast, all on Statutory Declarations, it is very important to have every thing from Australia on STAT DECS, the visa starts from the day it was issued, the 06/09/2012, and ends on the 05/12/2012, we are not going until the 12/11/2012 and will return to Thailand on the 04/12/2012, she picked up her passport with a notice she had the visa in it on the Friday, she applied on the Wednesday, it was very quick, have attached the note in her visa.

• Like 2

<snip> and a great reference letter from her Bank, from the head office, invites from my brother and his wife, and my mate on the Gold Coast, all on Statutory Declarations, it is very important to have every thing from Australia on STAT DECS,

the visa starts from the day it was issued, the 06/09/2012, and ends on the 05/12/2012, we are not going until the 12/11/2012 and will return to Thailand on the 04/12/2012, she picked up her passport with a notice she had the visa in it on the Friday, she applied on the Wednesday, it was very quick, have attached the note in her visa.

(my bolding above)

My experience, and the experience of many here is that Statutory Declarations contribute negligible weighting towards a Visa application.

As for the Visa start date, as 2 of the posters have noted above ... the Visa doesn't start on the date it is issued. You have a grace period after the Visa is issued before it lapses. That time will be stated within the Visa (or accompanying documents) and is typically 3 months / 90 days.

In lay man terms, get the Visa and you have 90 days to get to Australia.

They don't care if it takes 2 days, 2 weeks or two months.

• Like 1

<snip> and a great reference letter from her Bank, from the head office, invites from my brother and his wife, and my mate on the Gold Coast, all on Statutory Declarations, it is very important to have every thing from Australia on STAT DECS,

the visa starts from the day it was issued, the 06/09/2012, and ends on the 05/12/2012, we are not going until the 12/11/2012 and will return to Thailand on the 04/12/2012, she picked up her passport with a notice she had the visa in it on the Friday, she applied on the Wednesday, it was very quick, have attached the note in her visa.

(my bolding above)

My experience, and the experience of many here is that Statutory Declarations contribute negligible weighting towards a Visa application.

As for the Visa start date, as 2 of the posters have noted above ... the Visa doesn't start on the date it is issued. You have a grace period after the Visa is issued before it lapses. That time will be stated within the Visa (or accompanying documents) and is typically 3 months / 90 days.

You are wrong,,,, be told by someone that knows,,, in 2001 I applied for and was granted a visa for a Thai lady, (not the same lady) it was a one month visa only, not a three month visa, it had a no further stay,8303 on that visa, when I was applying for that visa I got to know a senior officer at the Southport Immigration office, (now no longer there) he told me to put everthing on a Stat Dec as it means a lot more than just writing something, as it is a legal document, I was also told this by a officer at Thai CC House when I help my mate in OZ get a visa for his G/F, so be told,, I was also able to get the no further stay over turned on the one month visa for the lady in 2001, with every thing on Stat Decs, and with help from the guy at Southport, he kept telling me how important it was to use Stat Decs.

All visa are not the same and different conditions apply to them,, the visa my lady has this time has conditions that apply to it, it is a tourist visa, a single entry visa, is for three months from the date of this slip,, writen on of the slip,, so again be told,, it also has no further stay 8503 writen on the slip, so she must be back in Thailand by the 06/12/2012, I also confirmed this with a officer at Thai CC House when we picked up her passport with the slip in it, all visa can be different with different conditions. and don't forget to use Stat Decs.

(my bolding above)

You are wrong,,,, be told by someone that knows,,, in 2001 I applied for and was granted a visa for a Thai lady, (not the same lady) it was a one month visa only, not a three month visa, it had a no further stay,8303 on that visa, when I was applying for that visa I got to know a senior officer at the Southport Immigration office, (now no longer there) he told me to put everthing on a Stat Dec as it means a lot more than just writing something, as it is a legal document, I was also told this by a officer at Thai CC House when I help my mate in OZ get a visa for his G/F, so be told,, I was also able to get the no further stay over turned on the one month visa for the lady in 2001, with every thing on Stat Decs, and with help from the guy at Southport, he kept telling me how important it was to use Stat Decs.

All visa are not the same and different conditions apply to them,, the visa my lady has this time has conditions that apply to it, it is a tourist visa, a single entry visa, is for three months from the date of this slip,, writen on of the slip,, so again be told,, it also has no further stay 8503 writen on the slip, so she must be back in Thailand by the 06/12/2012, I also confirmed this with a officer at Thai CC House when we picked up her passport with the slip in it, all visa can be different with different conditions. and don't forget to use Stat Decs.

post-78017-0-21041300-1349176419_thumb.j

You are wrong,,,, be told by someone that knows,,,

Hi merlen10002

It is wonderfully refreshing to hear from someone who is so amazingly 100% self confident in their opinions -- & so impressively wrong in that opinion!!

Southport (Queensland -- I guess ??) In Australia !!

Many people on this forum are Thai residents and the enforcement of an Australian Stat. Dec. in a foreign land is somewhat problematical (to say the least).

The only aspect that the BKK embassy long ago proposed Stat. Decs. for -- was to guarantee financial support for the applicant --- but even that proposal has been dropped years past when such guarantee was found to be unenforceable in Australia.

"so be told,, " Eh... No thanks.

"David48

My experience, and the experience of many here is that Statutory Declarations contribute negligible weighting towards a Visa application."

+1

• Like 2

Australian Statutory Declarations are used by the Australian embassy/consulate only. A Thai applicant would not use this document. A sponsor or a person providing support (in Australia) may use this document.

It is a serious offence to give false or misleading information on a Statutory Declaration and it is covered by the Crimes Act.

• Like 1

(my bolding above)

With all due respect,(unlike what you've shown David48 I might add),

may I suggest that you re-read the visa grant that you posted and you

will realise that you're 100% incorrect.

As advised by ThaiVisaExpress and David48 (and on the grant itself), she has 3

months from the date of the grant to "activate" the visa, then she can stay for 3

months after the initial entry. So she doesn't have to be back in Oz by 06/12/2012.

You have completely mis-read or just don't understand the grant.

And as for Stat Decs for tourist visa's, pretty much a waste of time. So what if they're legal

documents? A case officer in most cases when assessing a toursit visa application wouldn't

give them any extra weight than a standard letter.

Don't thank me, you'll only embarrass mebiggrin.png

Will

The slip has three conditions ,, 1, Single Entry into Australia for a STAY of up to

2, Three Month/s The visa is valid for

3, Three Month/s From the date of this slip

We wish you a pleasant stay in Australia

Date 06 SEP 2012

Grant ID : 0240112447236G

Don't take my word ,, call the Australia Embassy and ask them about this visa ,, you all have the visa number now,

As for the Stat decs I am only taking about important documents & information from Australia, not from Thailand,, I thought this would be obvious but I guess not,, I did do a reference on a Stat Dec for my lady and had the Australian Embassy sign it,, 650 BHT,, I think it was helpful,, if the posters on TV don't think so,, up to you,, as the thais say,,

A stat dec will most certainly add weight to an application , but it is not necessity.

Not to a tourist visa application it won't.

IMO, for a tourist visa, they (stat decs) ain't worth the paper they're written on.

Regards

Will

• Like 1

(my bolding above)

You are both right, noones wrong.

All the 3 month visas I know friends including myself have got for Thais are 3 months once a stamp is put in her passport in australia. She will have 3 months to leave Australia.

OP, when she gets approval she will get a letter with the visa conditions for herself.

Dont be one of those who book early to save airfare before she gets approval.

A stat dec will most certainly add weight to an application , but it is not necessity.

IMO, for a tourist visa, they (stat decs) ain't worth the paper they're written on.

Regards

Will

Wrong!....Using a Commonwealth of Australia stat dec is the same as standing before a court judge. Therefore it carries the weight of the law.

applying for visas is a pain in the butt. So, having as much paperwork to give vfs to help with any application is the way to go.

Its all about ticking the boxes and stat decs help.

• Like 1

Hi merlen10002

It is wonderfully refreshing to hear from someone who is so amazingly 100% self confident in their opinions -- & so impressively wrong in that opinion!!

Many people on this forum are Thai residents and the enforcement of an Australian Stat. Dec. in a foreign land is somewhat problematical (to say the least).

The only aspect that the BKK embassy long ago proposed Stat. Decs. for -- was to guarantee financial support for the applicant --- but even that proposal has been dropped years past when such guarantee was found to be unenforceable in Australia.

"David48

My experience, and the experience of many here is that Statutory Declarations contribute negligible weighting towards a Visa application."

+1

100% correct...

• Like 2

Regards

Will

<snip>

Wrong!

<snip>

... Right!

... agreeing with Will27

Edited by David48

I think what the embassy looks for is the reason they have to go home, house, job, chldren, business etc. Things that tie them to the home country. This was told to me by a golfing buddy that used to work for the Australian embassy.

So beef up the reasons they must return home.

• Like 1

Regards

Will

Wrong!....Using a Commonwealth of Australia stat dec is the same as standing before a court judge. Therefore it carries the weight of the law.

applying for visas is a pain in the butt. So, having as much paperwork to give vfs to help with any application is the way to go.

You wouldn't/shouldn't need one for a tourist visa.

"carries the weight of the law"? So what.

Have you ever heard of DIAC having anyone (Australian)

prosecuted for lying on a Stat Dec? I'll answer it for you....no!

Again, they hardly carry any weight for a tourist visa.

Regards

Will

• Like 1

Regards

Will

You wouldn't/shouldn't need one for a tourist visa.

"carries the weight of the law"? So what.

Have you ever heard of DIAC having anyone (Australian)

prosecuted for lying on a Stat Dec? I'll answer it for you....no!

Again, they hardly carry any weight for a tourist visa.

Regards

Will

WARNING: When you make a statutory declaration, you are declaring that the statements in it are true. If you intentionally make a false statement in a statutory declaration, you could be charged with an offence and, if convicted, you could be fined or jailed, or both.

The provision of false or misleading information in this declaration is subject to penalties under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959 and the Migration Act 1958. The Statutory Declarations Act provides for penalties of up to 4 years imprisonment. Section 234 of the Migration Act carries a penalty of up to 10 years imprisonment for knowingly making a false statement in connection with a visa application.

Source: DIAC.

Edited by electau
  • Like 1

Well Ive always felt the more you send the embassy the better.

End of the day everyones just guessing unless you work at the embassy or vfs.

Hi krisb

Yep -- I have always felt that oversupplying well prepared documentation was better than the alternative. (Not necessarily Stat. Decs.)

Let us not loose sight of where the controversy in this thread started --- we had a poster who buy his own fevered declarations ... obviously had not the vaguest idea!

He stated (amongst many other odd utterances)

the visa starts from the day it was issued, the 06/09/2012, and ends on the 05/12/2012, we are not going until the 12/11/2012 and will return to Thailand on the 04/12/2012

What could be more incorrect than that?

He just seem not to comprehend that a visa valid until 05/12/2012 allows an entrant on the 04/12/2012 to stay for 3 months past that date. He was courteously advised by two posters ( David48 & Will27) of reallity --- but no!! He knows it all !!

"You are wrong,,,, be told by someone that knows...."
God bless the truly ignorant !!

Well .... on this forum where many seek guidance --- these hugely incorrect statements should not be allowed to stand as if correct. What if someone was so unfortunate as to believe his rubbish information ??

And I really do feel sorry for the young lady he was so expertly arranging a visa for ..... it actually allowed her to stay until March 2012 .... but oh no ..... he had her return on the 04/12/2012 --- after only 3 weeks!

Sigh !!

• Like 2

Hi merlen10002

"David48

+1

So that must mean you never use stat decs for any visa apps correct?