German Tourist Stabbed To Death In Samui

Slow down a bit. Who said the stab wounds caused his death? Who said he was stabbed by a local ?

Assuming is a very bad business, so is crucifying the place without having facts.

May he RIP.

Thank you for this thoughtful reply. It is prety rare in TV to see soemone say, "Get the facts BEFORE you get the opinion" Well done!

This thread did exceptional it went a full 5 posts before the first troll had a go sarcastically saying it was an accidental stabbing and more or less insinuation a police cover up.

Some are continuously telling all how dangerous Thailand is. They seem totaly blind to the fact there are somewhere between 60 to 75 million people living in Thailand and incidents like this are singled out as they happen in.

As I have pointed out before on here the Crime rate in the UK is 11 times that of Thailand The USA is over 20 times that of Thailand.

Even if you say a lot are not reported here and you trebled the fugures which is ridiculous Thaland is still a safer place to live.

It doesn't surprise me that some farang who continuously slag Thai people and telling the world how stupid they are end up in incidents like this one.

Not for one minute am I saying this was the case here and agree with you whole heartedly until we know we should keep the guessing to a minimum.

Guessing an trolling are done without any concern about the guys family members who might be looking on and these people should be jumped upon from a great height.

RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

My words... well said!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately Thailand does not welcome foreigners as it did 35 years ago. As per the previous post I would give my daughter or friends the same warning.

But I still love it here...if you find out about expat-murders, you will see that in many cases the expat could of avoided these dangerous scenarios..but didn't.

This is addressed to all the worm's that have come out of the wood work if you want to post about all the muggings and murders in another country why not open another post in another forum. There is enough bullshit here.

• Like 1

I dont put my foot on Samui anymore, full of mafia, thai and farang and stupid backpackers drinking whatever is given to them. My daughters have strict orders from dad, stay away from Pukhet and Samui. This two places are now becoming danger spots for foreigners, whatever the thai tourist board is trying make u believe. I have seen over the years, that Thailand, from being a very safe place to have your holiday or to retire to, have become quite a dangerous place. And please don't come with that other places are changing as well,we are now talking about Thailand. Killings, murders are now everyday news . This country is slowly becoming a dangerous place to visit and to stay,and i think statistic will prove me right. But i guess the thais will never release a statistic which shows the truth. Yes i can move, and yes i am considering this, and so are a lot of people know.

Biggest load of rubbish i have heard, i bet one day your daughters will go to samui, and do you know what, they will enjoy the place
  • Like 1

I dont put my foot on Samui anymore, full of mafia, thai and farang and stupid backpackers drinking whatever is given to them. My daughters have strict orders from dad, stay away from Pukhet and Samui. This two places are now becoming danger spots for foreigners, whatever the thai tourist board is trying make u believe. I have seen over the years, that Thailand, from being a very safe place to have your holiday or to retire to, have become quite a dangerous place. And please don't come with that other places are changing as well,we are now talking about Thailand. Killings, murders are now everyday news . This country is slowly becoming a dangerous place to visit and to stay,and i think statistic will prove me right. But i guess the thais will never release a statistic which shows the truth. Yes i can move, and yes i am considering this, and so are a lot of people know.

and where you going to go to

uk ,america,europe

where only multiple murders/deaths are broadcast

thailand of 65 million doesnt have that bad a crime rate

• Like 1

and where you going to go to

uk ,america,europe

where only multiple murders/deaths are broadcast

thailand of 65 million doesnt have that bad a crime rate

Iraq is mafia free and Afghanistan

They have a few other minor problems but I am sure u can cope

I gave the same advice to my two daughters.

I used to go to Phuket nd Samui often.

NOT ANY MORE, now i go to Krabi, until it is ruined by the mafia like the othr two are.

coffee1.gif

You would be better if educating your kids with a bit of street wise common sense rather than hiding then away from the world

Phuket and Samui have there problems they also have allot if ways to avoid problems and still enjoy the Place

Giving your kids a street I Q is just as important as a school I Q

Too many people think that intelligence is measured on school but it is not

If you take a nerd and drop him in the jungle with a street kid u see who savive

who cares anyway how dangerous it is we do not have to stay here. as the person said they do not wish to come because of the mafia. Maybe ant artica might be more safer. actually the melting ofthe ice might be dangerous well happy searching

View Postasiawatcher, on 2012-10-02 05:31:28, said:

I have never met a German without an opinion (mostly fairly aggressive ones at that). ...

LOOOOOL! What kind of Germans did you meet?? Oh my!

LOOOOOL Well I am a German and I don't think being aggressive at all!!!!!!

I have never met a German without an opinion (mostly fairly aggressive ones at that). ...

They are not all aggressive , but bad dress sense yes ;)

They are not all aggressive , but bad dress sense yes wink.png

you mean the white socks and sandals ? clap2.gif

• Like 1

As for Thailand being safe or not....

Safe is what YOU are and what YOU do...

I've been in all kind of cities from '98 onwards in Asia. Never had any trouble anywhere.

What gets people into trouble?

- Getting drunk in an unknown place alone

- Thinking you're strong enough to start picking a fight (or even argument) with locals

- Going out alone at night without a local friend/guide to keep an eye on you

There will always be the occasional robbery/theft. Wallet-snatchers have been around for 1000's of years, to name one.

But if you, as a tourist/expat/foreigner, take proper care and think about what you're doing or going to do, then 99% of the risk has already been taken care of.

I've seen so many people who think they can do what they want ending up in Hospital or worse, for what? And then complain about Thailand being not safe?

It's those big-mouth know it all's that are equally (if not in majority), responsible for the trouble we see in papers every day.

In part, I'd say it's the change in the type of tourist that now comes to Asia.

With the rise of cheap tickets, you see a different class of people (lower income earners) coming to Thailand and other exotic places.

These people have less experience with traveling, are more gullible to scams and are more likely to argue and get in trouble.

They also have less money to spend, which puts pressure on the tourist-businesses, resulting in a degrading 'customer-service' because they start cutting corners.

The same happened in Europe with the rise of Spain/Italy/Greece/Turkey as top-holiday destinations.

Year after year the tourist-numbers kept growing and with that, the experience kept degrading.

It would be hard not to agree 100% wai.gif

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I dont put my foot on Samui anymore, full of mafia, thai and farang and stupid backpacers drinking whatever is given to them. My daughters have strict orders from dad, stay away from Pukhet and Samui. This two places are now becoming danger spots for foreigners, whatever the thai tourist board is trying make u believe. I have seen over the years, that Thailand, from beeing a very safe place to have your hollyday or to retier to, have become quite a dangerous place. And please dont come with that shit that other places are changing as well,we are now talking about Thailand. Killings, murders are now everyday news . This country is slowly becoming a dangerous place to visit and to stay,and i think statistic will prove me right. But i guess the thais will never release a statistic which shows the thruth. Yes i can move, and yes i am considering this, and so are a lot of peoplei know.

Bet i know the first two places your daughters will be going.whistling.gif

Fuuuull moon , now you're no longer aloneeeee

mmmmmmmmmm la la la

i CAME FROM Australia 3 years ago , and now I am thinking of going back..Don't get me wrong , Thailand is a wonderful place 10 years ago , but what happened ! It is not the Thailand I knew before . So sad .I can go to Malaysia and get a 10 year visa and other benefits. I wanted to come to Thailand and did .But it has changed so much .

So what, i came from Australia 7 years ago, and am here to stay ! Anyhow, go to Malaysia, believe me , the grass is not greener. Bye the way, you are in for a hell of a shock when you get back to Oz, just been there for 3 months. Its not bad if you have heaps of cash. Its just about the most expensive place to live on earth now !

Edited by oldsailor35

Adrenelin masks the pain for a while, part of the fight or flight defensive mechanism. Soldiers in war can sometimes be shot and not know it, part of my training in the Australian navy was to watch war footage, some of the things people can do even when seriously injured is truly amazing.

The Australian lady recently stabbed in Phuket and who died shortly afterwards didn't realize she was stabbed until a few moments after the fact, according to the news articles!

I have a 4 inch bayonet wound scar on the outside of my left leg. I did'nt even know about it till my left boot started 'squelching', it was full of blood ! So yes the adrenalin did kick in for half an hour.

I would think highly likely passed out due to blood loss whilst fleeing. Stab victims often dont know they have been stabbed.

Don't know they have been stabbed?? I was stabbed in Vietnam and felt every milimeter of that bayonet........most likely he was pretty drunk, and the flight or fight reaction was slow to kick in, IF the BiB do a proper investigtion and it doesn't rain, there will be a blood trail to follow - that will determine if he was kniced at the Bar or where they found him, if where they found him, the perp would have at least took his wallet to make it look like a robbery.........thumbsup.gif

Probably due to the place of being stabbed on your body ! either that or you are unique, as i was told that not to feel it, was a normal body reaction.

Edited by oldsailor35

What a myopic and misinformed view you have of Samui.

My wife and I first moved to Thailand in 1993. One reason was that she no longer felt safe in her home town in the UK having been attacked and robbed 3 times.

She has NEVER felt threatened living anywhere in Aisa and is happy that Koh Samui is her home.

It is simple - party where the low life hang out - and you should expect trouble. This is true ALL over the world.

Not sure where you are from - but killings in London are almost an everyday occurence. The (real) Mafia in London are all over the place. The hype about the mafia on Samui is just that - hype. They exist by their supposed reputation and from stories like the one that you have posted. I am not saying that everyone on Samui is an angel. Of course there are bad guys. Samui is no better or worse than any other tourist place where tourists do stupid things and are easily parted from their money.

I have been threatened by a guy with a knife whilst just walking with my wife, in daylight, in both Slough and in Birmingham (UK).

I have never been threatened by someone with a knife in Thailand.

The biggest danger on Samui is being in a motorbike accident.

So - your daughters are off to Pattaya for their holidays? whistling.gif

So your wife was robbed 3 times ? Is'nt it amazing that these always happen in three's. coffee1.gif

Edited by oldsailor35

Adrenelin masks the pain for a while, part of the fight or flight defensive mechanism. Soldiers in war can sometimes be shot and not know it, part of my training in the Australian navy was to watch war footage, some of the things people can do even when seriously injured is truly amazing.

The Australian lady recently stabbed in Phuket and who died shortly afterwards didn't realize she was stabbed until a few moments after the fact, according to the news articles!

I read stories about ppl in the first worldwar running with just one leg left after the other was ripped away in shelling and i not doubt it a second....the victim has realized that his leg was gone when he was safe under a bridge.... terrible stories.

when my best friend died in a motobike accident in Sri Lanka it was the same, when I saw his wounds later in hospital I was shocked but very surprised that he got up, after the accident, walked about 40m back to the street, sit in a chair and smoked a cigarette when he was bleeding to death....he drove in a wall with bricks and barbed wire with around 100km/h

but btw, I never heard of stabwounds to the head...

Some of the footage I saw as part of my navy training was from the Faulklands war, in this footage there was a sailor running to sick bay to have his severed leg (which he was carrying) re-attached.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

Hopping mate.........surely Hopping !

I have yet to a meet a German who wasn't, in general, a nice guy. Opinionated maybe - but then aren't we all. The lesson, if any here, is to avoid or walk away from any trouble brewing, particularly involving locals. But that surely is sound advice whether you're in Samui, Bangkok, Chicago or London. The world in general is becoming a more dangerous place. Choose carefully where you live - make no enemies - walk the path of Buddha - and Thailand can be paradise on Earth!

Fair enough, but never buy land from a German in Ban Tai

Thailand the only country where the victim is always guilty whistling.gif

another innocent bites the dust on the blades of the crazed yaba fueled thai gangs members, Thailand is slowly but surely becoming one of the most dangerous places in the world sad.png

RIP Thomas

1zgarz5.gif

What a dumb post jerk.gif

And you got your information where exactly? Probably the same place that states that Hitler and Elvis are alive and living together on the moon. sad.png

Bullshit, i saw them both pissing up with Lord Lucan on Kho Tao last week, or was it yesterday or maybe last night.blink.png

• Like 1