Thai Broadcaster Axes Panda Reality T V

webfact

What a loss.

Panda was my wife's stress relief zen experience.

Not being Buddhist, it was something she could get the same Zen like relaxation from,

essentially a different meditation form. She is not distraught, but she is less mellow now.

Actually when Lin Ping was a baby panda, this was often quite entertaining.

They used to run a show each day with "highlights" of the day, and kids used to write letters to her (which were read out on air), and send presents and toys - it was slow and a bit boring for adults of course, but in many ways it was a useful channel if only because it educated children about, and raised awareness of, pandas.

In fact it was also relaxing - a hell of a lot better than letting the other half watch the half-baked comedy shows with idiots screaming at each other, or the endless stream of brainless soapies.

Sometimes it was quite fun to see the baby panda playing and giving her mum a hard time, just like any human kid, so don't knock it, it had a market and a viewership especially amongst children, but as Lin Ping grew, the audience no longer saw the cute baby, just another panda, so the numbers dwindled.

Letting kids watch Panda Channel, Animal Planet or any of the other doco-channels (Nat Geo, History etc) is still way better than exposing them to the crud that passes for educational TV from either the Thai's OR the US/UK/Australia - most of which is total garbage.

Thanks to Panda Channel and the Chiang Mai zoo where the pandas live, we had some genuine "reality TV" that didn't include low-class brain-dead people trying to outdo each other in proving why they should never be allowed to reproduce.

Panda's Star Crashes to Earth

CHIANGMAI, Oct 2, 2012 (PFP) - Upon hearing Linping the Panda was jobless, fans began sending in letters of support to try to cheer the now sadden panda.

"When it rains it pours", Linping was heard to mumble recently upon hearing the decision of it's former employers, TrueVision. "First they put me on a bamboo diet, now I have to fend for myself" he added. Both supporters (2) of the black and white furball's Panda Reality show said they would help raise funds to try to make sure the daily diet of Bamboo is not interrupted.

Linping, on the other hand, is not taking this news well. Recently sighted on Loi Kroh Road, Limping was going from bar to bar drinking heavily and someone said he was seen going home with Long-Tailed Macaque Monkey. At least it looked like a Macaque. One does have to be careful when boozing it up in that part of Chiang Mai. What looks like one thing, totally could be something else on Loi Kroh Road.

For the Panda, this could be more then he can bear.biggrin.png

well done...555...but...

Lin Ping is a female...

• Like 1

Panda's Star Crashes to Earth

CHIANGMAI, Oct 2, 2012 (PFP) - Upon hearing Linping the Panda was jobless, fans began sending in letters of support to try to cheer the now sadden panda.

"When it rains it pours", Linping was heard to mumble recently upon hearing the decision of it's former employers, TrueVision. "First they put me on a bamboo diet, now I have to fend for myself" he added. Both supporters (2) of the black and white furball's Panda Reality show said they would help raise funds to try to make sure the daily diet of Bamboo is not interrupted.

Linping, on the other hand, is not taking this news well. Recently sighted on Loi Kroh Road, Limping was going from bar to bar drinking heavily and someone said he was seen going home with Long-Tailed Macaque Monkey. At least it looked like a Macaque. One does have to be careful when boozing it up in that part of Chiang Mai. What looks like one thing, totally could be something else on Loi Kroh Road.

For the Panda, this could be more then he can bear.biggrin.png

well done...555...but...

Lin Ping is a female...

Someone should tell the monkey!blink.png