Tax Preparation For Us Expats?

You can call the US embassy, they maintain a list of those willing and able to help US citizens with US taxes.

As far as I know, there are only two names on the list, mine and one other. Both of us are in Bangkok.

Frankly, although I am hardly an unbiased observer, anyone doing taxes outside Bangkok cannot be very professional. There is not enough business here to support more than a couple of us.

Can't you buy a tax software like "TURBO TAX"? It's very easy to use. Hmm...I don't know if you have any access to this in BKK. Try to go to some posh english bookstores and ask them if you can order it from Amazon....some bookstores in BKK offers this service nowaday.

Can't you buy a tax software like "TURBO TAX"? It's very easy to use. Hmm...I don't know if you have any access to this in BKK. Try to go to some posh english bookstores and ask them if you can order it from Amazon....some bookstores in BKK offers this service nowaday.

Turbo Tax now has an "On Line" version that is really good... I have used their Top Program for many years, and with mulitple Income properties, investments, and my own 4 million dollar a year business, have always been pleased with their results... You can even go thru the whole process than decide not to file with them, and it costs you nothing...

Pianoman