Motorbike Tour From Cm To Chiang Rai, Who Likes To Join?

ChiangMaiTrue

I want to buy a bike, just don’t know which one fit best to me, I'm not a so young guy anymore whistling.gif

Last Sunday I rented a Ninja 650 and drive up to Chiang Rai and back, it was fun biggrin.png (without wifie would be more fun)

Next time (maybe this Sunday) I will rent a Versys 650 and drive again to Chiang Rai, maybe some guys want to join?

Now I just feel sad. I take wifey on a Honda Click, and come back with more stuff than we went with.....alwayssad.png

If I'm lucky its not one of those black chickens (dead).

Apparently nothing as tasty as a dead black chicken thats been in a bag in 32 degree plus temperature for a few hours.

Edited by mamborobert

Apparently nothing as tasty as a dead black chicken thats been in a bag in 32 degree plus temperature for a few hours.

Buy her an oven thumbsup.gif

If I did that there would only be one chance for the chicken to get Salmonella (that being after its cooked and left out on the table covered by a thin layer of gauze for a few hours in between each of the 5 daily Thai feeding frenzies).

I'd be up for a day ride to Doi Inthanon

I never went there but I see on G map this is a danger road, one line only, not wide, and not real fun to test a bike as you always have to watch out for stupid cars. Also the distance is not so long, as I say Chiang Rai is my go

Now I just feel sad. I take wifey on a Honda Click, and come back with more stuff than we went with.....alwayssad.png

If I'm lucky its not one of those black chickens (dead).

No need to go that far! They sell the things at Tesco Lotus Kamthieng.

I'd be up for a day ride to Doi Inthanon

I never went there but I see on G map this is a danger road, one line only, not wide, and not real fun to test a bike as you always have to watch out for stupid cars. Also the distance is not so long, as I say Chiang Rai is my go

Funny, when I drive I always have to watch out for stupid bikes.

@market trader, I mean the cars who cut the curves

@Hog Head and RoastBeef, why you guys want to saty over night, I thought it should be a driving tour and not a boring day

Last Sunday we started at 10 am from the center, we made 2 10 – 15 min stop on the way up, went to the airport and looking around, had a nice dinner and went home again with 2 stops, and we where home at 7 pm. Remember I went with my wife biggrin.png

I’m not staying overnight as I hate hotels and I like to drive the bike

Not sure but with the Vulcan 900 we maybe need one hour longer but this is ok for me. smile.png

I think I cannot go tomorrow but I will update in the afternoon, let’s keep in touch

sure there was a topic on here concerning interesting day rides from CM....i have a CBR250 and am afraid Chiang Rai and back in a day is too far for me but would like to hook up with similar bikes for 100 -200km day rides down scenic roads with a stop for lunch which is what the 250 does best

can anybody find that topic about day rides from CM for me.........thanks