One Way Ticket

tavarich

I should be heading back to LOS at the end of the month. Has anything changed about getting there with a one way ticket. I have only had a problem once but it was the airline personel that had the problem. I can't help but wonder why they sell a one way ticket then ask you why you bought a one way ticket :o Any bits of wisdom and sage advice please.

I should be heading back to LOS at the end of the month. Has anything changed about getting there with a one way ticket. I have only had a problem once but it was the airline personel that had the problem. I can't help but wonder why they sell a one way ticket then ask you why you bought a one way ticket :o Any bits of wisdom and sage advice please.

If you have a Non Immigrant Visa they usually turn a blind eye. If they get pedantic you can always ask to sign a disclaimer so that the responsibility is taken away from the airline should you be refused entry into Thailand. That said I have never known anyone to be refused boarding because they had a one way ticket.

While I don't know what the law is in Thailand, I do know that in some countries the law requires tourists to have an onward ticket on entering the country. If they do not have an onward ticket, the airline is responsible for a very large fine and must pay to send them back to where they came from. Most countries' immigration do not check to see that you have an onward ticket because the airlines usually screen out those passengers out of fear of getting fined.

As mentioned in this thread, some airlines allow you to sign a waiver releasing the airline from all responsibility, which I'm guessing is legally binding in Thailand and so the airlines permit it. In other countries it doesn't matter what has been signed, the airline is always responsible.

With there being many landroutes out of Thailand, I'm guessing they have to allow for the waivers due to some travelers using thouse routes out of the country where no ticket can be produced. But take island nations where no such land routes exist (such as the Philippines) and airlines are much stricter about requiring an onward ticket.

So bottom line is that it appears the airlines are the ones being hardnosed about it and immigration not concerned. But that is just the appearance on the surface due to the laws being enforced on the airlines.

Thanks all I just want to keep up on what is the latest there. I have made a few visa runs and it seems that the rules at the borders change almost every time. So I am alway's suspect of how things might change there, just coverin my but#. Thanks again :o