American Friend Traveling With Uzbeki

I have an American friend [uSA passport] arriving in Thailand soon with his paramour - a citizen of Uzbekistan. They are not married. He is in his late 40s... She is in her early 20s.

He'll get the standard 30 days on arrival in BKK, but it appears that she can only expect 14 or 15 days on arrival.

My question is:

Once they are in with 30 days and 14/15 days respectively, if they do a visa run in a nearby capital, HE will of course be able to get his 90 day visa... Is it possible on the visa run for HER to get a 90 day visa? He/they can show more than adequate financial means.

[Question re: means: Is "I'm wealthy and this is my girlfriend and I've got her covered." a sufficient show of means or does she need to show her own bank accounts, etc.?]...

Is there a city/consulate that might look more favorably upon an Uzbeki than another?

Finally, if there is no longer visa option for her on one of these visa runs, can she reenter for 14/15 again - or is there further restriction for her here as well?

Thank you!

Adam

--

Boston - Berkeley - Bangkok

Edited by astanhope

She gets a visa on arrival and he a visa exempt entry, but must have a ticket out of the country within 15 respectively 30 days or can be denied boarding by the airline.

Best is to apply for a (double entry) tourist visa for both in the US.

• Like 2

She will get a visa on arrival good for 15 days at a cost of 1000 baht. Info here: http://www.mfa.go.th...on-Arrival.html

A visa on arrival can only at obtained at the airports and a limited number of border crossings which is listed on above webpage.

It would be best if she could get a tourist visa before she arrives here. If not she could get one at a nearby consulate.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

A tourist visa can be arranged, then?

They will be traveling from Russia.

They are under the impression that the Thai embassies/consulates in St Petersburg and Tashkent will not issue any such visa.

Assuming that she must arrive and enter with the 15 day visa on arrival, what is her next course of action?

If they do a visa run to a neighboring capital, what sort of visa should she expect to get from the consulate there?

They must have a visa or a ticket out to another country. Laos will be a good choice. They will both get a tourist visa, which should be 60 days for him and 30 days for her. Both can extend hteir stay with another 30 days in Thailand itself for 1,900 baht a person.

See no reason why the Embassy or consulate in Russia would not issue, but haven't seen reports about them. Formally there is no reason for them not to issue.

• Like 1