Where To Buy Furnishings And Organizational Items

TXBeth

I am new to Chiang Mai and looking to buy some household items like an area rug for kids to play on, shelves/bins/baskets to organize toys and bathroom items, etc. Is there a cheaper place to buy these instead of Big C? If I just walk along the road am I likely to happen upon a small shop that carries this type of thing? We have no vehicle and are staying at D-town Inn, which is near Big C extra but just west of the superhighway, so anything in this area would be great.

Nearest to D-Town with all that stuff is Makro superstore , you can quite literally walk there (though not with kids as crossing superhighway). Its almost directly behind D-Town.

Its just down from the BIg C you are talking about.

Have a look and at that place and as far as transporting easiest way is to get a red colour from there to your place (organise it first before you go there) and you can stock up on bulk anything at the same time.

Otherwise you could get a rug and most stuff you want when they hold one of the trade shows next to DTown (where the Chamber of Commerce is on Thung Hotel Rd). Less than a minutes walk with kids from D Town and safe to take the kids, lots of clothes, rugs that sort of stuff. They have food stalls there same time, so if you can hang on for a while (and find out when next trade show is on) that would be worthwhile and much easier to transport (just carry and you can make multiple trips)

Edited by mamborobert

For a decent rug - looks, comfort, kid safety-wise - I'd actually head across the hwy by tukky or songthaew and go into Home Pro. They're cheaper than Index and more expensive and better quality than Big C. Nicer rugs that really do alot for a room can go for 1,500 up to 5K for a rug, depending on the fanciness and size you're aiming for. For kids n looks, I wouldn't really want to compromise.

Home Pro is of course inside the Big C complex across the highway.

Edited by realthaideal