Finnish Man Fatally Stabbed By Thai Girlfriend In South Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It makes me wonder about the character of BOTH individuals, the deceased and the murderer. It also compels me to question my sympathetic emotions that would otherwise kick-in.

What kind of an individual would shack up with another individual that resorts to this behavior, and hence makes one wonder at the other, less terminal behaviors they both endured in each others company prior to this finality.

Regarding the woman; she needs to be put away permanently; as in death penalty, in order to keep the balance of society and its safety from further eroding by her mere presence among us.

Regarding the man; if he could not see this coming and ignored the signs that keep most others away from this sort of individual, then farbeit from me to prevent or mourn his passing.

Reading stories like this disgusts me; not only for the bestial partner, but for the stupidity of the one who pays the price for keeping poisonous snakes and believing they are anything remotely otherwise.

Wow, your post really makes me question humanity. You comments disgust me as much as the murderers actions. I can't imagine the events that have taken place in your life to have made you the way you are. Very sad. I am sorry for you.

Someones comments on Thai Visa upset you as much as a murderers actions? Really? So sorry for you to carry that around with you everyday

The Thai press reports that the weapon found nearby was a 20cm kitchen knife.

The police are acting on the assumption that it was his girlfriend who committed the deed (since the two of them were seen violently arguing shortly before in the street where the attack took place), and have circulated her photograph and name (Watsana) to other stations, but no sign of her yet.

[EDIT: My information is clearly not as up-to-date as that of the poster above....]

Edited by RickBradford

Given that this was an argument in the middle of the street followed by a stabbing, the woman (when caught) will probably not get the death penalty. In any Western country this would be viewed as a crime of passion. The woman was angry during an argument and then stabbed the man -- no obvious premeditation. Without premeditation this is second degree murder (or the defense might even argue manslaughter).

Also, it's sort of pre-judging this woman to assume that she is some sort of a vicious snake, and equally that the victim was somehow stupid for being her partner. You simply do not have that facts -- none of us do. I've seen Thais, both male and female, who look and act as normal and cool hearted as can be, go into violent rages and totally lose control. From a cultural perspective, Thais seem to keep a lid on there emotions and behavior in situations where most farangs will become angry and vocal. But that seems to be our cultural "release valve" to blow off steam. Thais on the other hand just keep smiling and holding it in -- but when a Thai blows -- get out of the way!!! People get hurt.

She murdered another human being. Is there any other form of viciousness I am not aware of? I have commented on the plausibility of crimes of passion, however I feel that the lower the development of the human being, the less restraint they are able to will against the urge. Take children, for example. Natives of this sector seem to claim top prize for resorting to passion over self-will. For this, I am not compelled to engage sympathy or sadness; only disgust at the choices they ignored in life.

Wow, your post really makes me question humanity. You comments disgust me as much as the murderers actions. I can't imagine the events that have taken place in your life to have made you the way you are. Very sad. I am sorry for you.

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think of me. Would you be me were I him? Curious isn't it; that I disgust you, and yet this incident between two fools generates token feelings of compassion. I do not believe one can feel sorry for something that disgusts one. It makes one double minded. You'll have to choose between the two.

Attah Boy! Blame the victim!

Heartless!

What I keep in my heart is reserved for more sensible things. Labeling this person a victim is as ignorant as bemoaning the fool who hears the train and does not get off the tracks. If he did not see something like this coming, then what obligates me to curry your acceptance to bemoan foolish choices? Perhaps you should embrace the next two fools you see fighting after this manner and give them both a sloppy wet kiss before one machetes the other? Your attitude suggests that you should love everyone and never make any negative comments towards the foolishness of the living, because their foolishness just might be their undoing, and hence trigger your heartfelt emotions.

It makes me wonder about the character of BOTH individuals, the deceased and the murderer. It also compels me to question my sympathetic emotions that would otherwise kick-in.

What kind of an individual would shack up with another individual that resorts to this behavior, and hence makes one wonder at the other, less terminal behaviors they both endured in each others company prior to this finality.

Regarding the woman; she needs to be put away permanently; as in death penalty, in order to keep the balance of society and its safety from further eroding by her mere presence among us.

Regarding the man; if he could not see this coming and ignored the signs that keep most others away from this sort of individual, then farbeit from me to prevent or mourn his passing.

Reading stories like this disgusts me; not only for the bestial partner, but for the stupidity of the one who pays the price for keeping poisonous snakes and believing they are anything remotely otherwise.

Given that this was an argument in the middle of the street followed by a stabbing, the woman (when caught) will probably not get the death penalty. In any Western country this would be viewed as a crime of passion. The woman was angry during an argument and then stabbed the man -- no obvious premeditation. Without premeditation this is second degree murder (or the defense might even argue manslaughter).

Also, it's sort of pre-judging this woman to assume that she is some sort of a vicious snake, and equally that the victim was somehow stupid for being her partner. You simply do not have that facts -- none of us do. I've seen Thais, both male and female, who look and act as normal and cool hearted as can be, go into violent rages and totally lose control. From a cultural perspective, Thais seem to keep a lid on there emotions and behavior in situations where most farangs will become angry and vocal. But that seems to be our cultural "release valve" to blow off steam. Thais on the other hand just keep smiling and holding it in -- but when a Thai blows -- get out of the way!!! People get hurt.

So most women of 40 get on a motorcycle with a knife - just run of the mill behaviour in a civilised society is it?

According to my research Thailand is 4th in the league table of homicides per capita and third in the league table of countries where homicide involves the use of a gun. The UN data referred to above is compiled from various sources almost all of which are nothing to do with the UN - national police figures, government figures, NGO figures and so on - nearly all of which seem grossly unreliable to me. Even using that data Thailand ranks 8th behind Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Dominican Republic and Pakistan - many in areas of civil unrest - Bermuda where there were only 8 cases (but small population - hardly statistically a good comparison) and Uraguay. The next country on the list is Israel! For a supposedly peaceful country Thailand has an appalling record and frankly society should be asking itself some tough questions.

Edited by timewilltell

Well the bigger problem is the age difference. The woman in her forties dating a man 65 is bound to turn into trouble. Mostly because an Asian woman in her forties looks like she is 65. The man then decides hay there are 20 year old bar girls that will date me for a year or two, I think I will up grade. The 40 year old is pissed, she looses face with her friends and she lost her meal ticket.

So one night the 65 year old man doesn't come home promptly. The 40 ish Thai woman is pacing the floor getting angrier and angrier, next she grabs a knife hops on the motorcycle the farang bought and goes looking for him at his favorite bar, or maybe every bar. She finds him drinking with a friendly and very affectionate 20 year old Thai and the old one makes a scene. The farang pays his bill and leaves the bar with the old Thai broad chasing him and yelling at him. When they get far enough down the road the man stops and says, "listen you worn out old has been, we are not married and I'm getting a younger girl.". The old Thai lady looses it and stabs him.

So just be prepared in advance knowing your character and the character of Thai women. I don't care if she is a bar girl or a regular girl, a Thai woman is going to react way differently than a Western woman. If you're prone to partaking of the available young flesh don't give any Thai woman the impression she is your woman and you are her man.

One major problem with your theory is that the deceased Finn wasn't much of a "meal ticket" as you put it. She had to sell her cell phone to get enough money to escape Pattaya. A lot of Finnish expats are very hard up for cash and would not be considered "meal tickets". The fight could have been over money, not a young "extra".

Anyway, you can dream up all these scenarios if you like. Without all the facts you may as well be writing fairly tales.

Well the bigger problem is the age difference. The woman in her forties dating a man 65 is bound to turn into trouble. Mostly because an Asian woman in her forties looks like she is 65. The man then decides hay there are 20 year old bar girls that will date me for a year or two, I think I will up grade. The 40 year old is pissed, she looses face with her friends and she lost her meal ticket.

So one night the 65 year old man doesn't come home promptly. The 40 ish Thai woman is pacing the floor getting angrier and angrier, next she grabs a knife hops on the motorcycle the farang bought and goes looking for him at his favorite bar, or maybe every bar. She finds him drinking with a friendly and very affectionate 20 year old Thai and the old one makes a scene. The farang pays his bill and leaves the bar with the old Thai broad chasing him and yelling at him. When they get far enough down the road the man stops and says, "listen you worn out old has been, we are not married and I'm getting a younger girl.". The old Thai lady looses it and stabs him.

So just be prepared in advance knowing your character and the character of Thai women. I don't care if she is a bar girl or a regular girl, a Thai woman is going to react way differently than a Western woman. If you're prone to partaking of the available young flesh don't give any Thai woman the impression she is your woman and you are her man.

I don't get the popularity of this post at all - lots of Thai women in their forties are beautiful and look younger not older - which undermines the basic drift here.

Edited by crazydrummerpauly

My wife ( Thai )has just told me the woman has been caught and according

to Thai Tele news she told the police that Buddha told her the

the dead guy was the devil and that she should kill him!!!!

Something strange about Thais and their belief that they act on behalf of deities - another link from today's news! http://www.thaivisa....ngs-in-bangkok/

and another on the killing in Saruburi last week - a lot of scum walking about this planet! - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/589641-family-of-slain-south-african-man-voice-concern-over-son-3/

Edited by timewilltell

I was doing a little research last year and found that Thailand has a per capita murder rate that is 2X that of the "wild west, gun crazy" USA. Considering Thailand is supposed to be the most Buddhist nation on earth, how is this fact reconciled?

Actually Thailand and the US are very similar (4.8 and 4.5 per 100,000 respectively). Australia has very low murder rates though at 1 per 100,000. Here it will have to do with excessive drinking and easy access to weapons. US still have easy access to weapons, not sure what there drinking stats are though. Weapons are strictly controlled in Australia...coincidence?

Map of murder rates worldwide.

The only reason America is on the same league as many of the other high murder rate counties is that we actually keep accurate statistics.

• Like 1

I was doing a little research last year and found that Thailand has a per capita murder rate that is 2X that of the "wild west, gun crazy" USA. Considering Thailand is supposed to be the most Buddhist nation on earth, how is this fact reconciled?

Actually Thailand and the US are very similar (4.8 and 4.5 per 100,000 respectively). Australia has very low murder rates though at 1 per 100,000. Here it will have to do with excessive drinking and easy access to weapons. US still have easy access to weapons, not sure what there drinking stats are though. Weapons are strictly controlled in Australia...coincidence?

The only reason America is on the same league as many of the other high murder rate counties is that we actually keep accurate statistics.

LOL. Actually it's because so Americans murder other Americans. Keeping accurate records is done after the murder. You can't blame the murders on statistics. The fact is that the US has a major homicide problem.

• Like 1

Very sad news. I don't know if I have been lucky but in all my many trips to Thailand including Pattaya I am still yet see any real violence.

I have live in Thailand for 2.5 years and have never seen any violence whatsoever. I can't even remember seeing anyone arguing loudly. I fell much safer here than in some parts of the UK. I think the people that suffer violence here hang out in the wrong places with the wrong people. You would suffer violence in most countries if you were to hang out with the bad people in the bad places. This is nothing to do with Thais or farangs; it's all to do with bad people and bad places.

Well then, that just settled it.

I guess the daily violent reports on the Pattaya news pages are all lies. Fabricated nonsense. Pattaya is full of rainbows and unicorns.

What a superb post.

Not sure if I agree with this part, though:

Mostly because an Asian woman in her forties looks like she is 65

A ragged out 40 year old Pattaya bar dragon looks like she is 65. However, a well kept, healthy, Thai woman does not.

My wife ( Thai )has just told me the woman has been caught and according

to Thai Tele news she told the police that Buddha told her the

the dead guy was the devil and that she should kill him!!!!

Oh well that's that then,case closed,we can all go home now!

Jesus wept!

I wonder how many Thai's are murdered whilst living abroad? I have tried researching the subject with no real result, I did however discover that at least 17 Britons have been murdered in Thailand since 2003.

Thailand has one of the world's highest per-capita murder rates – when the UN last counted it in 2000, it stood at 5,140 per year, though the annual total is now speculated to be more than 6,000. In the years 2003 to 2006, 17 of these victims were UK nationals, according to the FCO. These murders include a sexually motivated killing of a young British woman; a Thai police officer executing two backpackers in a crowded street; shootings, throat cuttings and two cases of other Westerners murdering UK nationals; and, more pertinently, several cases of Thai wives or their family members slaying British husbands.

http://www.independe...ere-769640.html

The above link relates to an old case what is not reported is that the wife had a boyfriend who was a local policeman, what was more chilling was that during the trial the wife admitted that killing her son was discussed because she thought he (the son) had inherited a large amount of money!

Sorry, but I believe your statistics are in error. The link below quotes over 20,000 Thai gun murders per year, as compared to the USA wit 9,400 Gun related deaths.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir-crime-murders-with-firearms

I wonder how many Thai's are murdered whilst living abroad? I have tried researching the subject with no real result, I did however discover that at least 17 Britons have been murdered in Thailand since 2003.

Thailand has one of the world's highest per-capita murder rates – when the UN last counted it in 2000, it stood at 5,140 per year, though the annual total is now speculated to be more than 6,000. In the years 2003 to 2006, 17 of these victims were UK nationals, according to the FCO. These murders include a sexually motivated killing of a young British woman; a Thai police officer executing two backpackers in a crowded street; shootings, throat cuttings and two cases of other Westerners murdering UK nationals; and, more pertinently, several cases of Thai wives or their family members slaying British husbands.

http://www.independe...ere-769640.html

The above link relates to an old case what is not reported is that the wife had a boyfriend who was a local policeman, what was more chilling was that during the trial the wife admitted that killing her son was discussed because she thought he (the son) had inherited a large amount of money!

Where did you do your research the Beano or some other comic book?? That quote is complete garbage

Accorrding to the official figures issed by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime

Thailand are 103'rd in the world which is some way short of being one of the worlds worst

The quote came from the Independent the link of which is posted I know that independent having significantly less spelling mistakes than the Beano might not be as attractive to you but have a look it really does make for better reading than the Beano.coffee1.gif

20-20 hindsight is a wonderful thing, init?

So go on being disgusted at someone else's plight. That is until it's your turn under the knife.

• Like 1

I think it is your immigration policy. Since it has changed you will catch up with us soon. BTW don't quit your day job for one that involves reading. This was not a gun crime which you suggest by mentioning the US easy access to weapons. It was a knife which is easliy available in Australia.

according to nationmaster , it is 1430 x more likely to be murdered with a firearm in thailand than the UK , I cant find a figure for knife crime but would be suprised if it was not 10x or more than that of the UK , murders by youths is x 6 and if anything thai figures are understated we all know that . knife or gun is irrelevant , .........its still murder <deleted>

Not sure that your vehement disgust is justified - many couples argue - I dont think its reasonable to blame the victim at all without knowing the full story, and to be honest, as its not a relative of mine, and I suspect neither of the people involved are relatives of yours either, I dont think we have any right to know, or to comment on the whole thing, other than perhaps to send our general condolences to the family of the deceased.

If every couple in the world who went through a period of anger and argument were considered to be beneath contempt for it, what would the world be like? A very unpleasant place, I should think.

I guess what you may be saying is that you think that if people are in such a bad situation that they probably should split up, rather than resorting to violence, then I do agree, but in this case, we don't know all about it, never will, and as a result, I dont think we should blame the victim.

I'm not bashing Pattaya when I say this but it just seems like there are terrible stories in the news almost everyday about the place. These things happen daily in every state in the US. It is sad that a person is dead no matter what he was doing there or what drama he was involved with. The women is scared and fled and I am sure she is regretting her momentary lapse of reasoning. RIP stranger.

Bit off topic, Britain has lower murder rate, are you saying we do not keep proper records?

As for this murder I think there are a number of posts which seem to be stating this was a premeditated callous murder by some scheming Thai woman who was only after his money, seems a bit harsh given that all the facts are not known.

Edited by Basil B

I'm not bashing Pattaya when I say this but it just seems like there are terrible stories in the news almost everyday about the place.

Do you read the Thai language newspapers too ? Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket .. those I know have English language newspapers, Chiang Mai as well ? If you only read in English, then you'll get news from those places. The rest of the gore in the other provinces, well that's in the local papers there. The reality tv show that airs on channel 7 (or at least used to) shows gory stuff from around Thailand.

I also don't think they bother to report many of the "usual" stabbings going on in BKK, just too many of them. It's a big city. Pattaya however is a smallish dorf, these things still do appear in the news.

Absolute cobblers! In general, Thai women in their forties look much younger. If your ridiculous statement about them being more likely to kill you if you get a younger woman was correct, all Thai men would be dead given that's just how they behave.

What a load of crap.

Have never seen ANY Thai woman that looks OLDER than she really is.

coffee1.gif

What about all those 14 and 15yr olds in the go go bars and massage parlours, you telling me they don't look 18 - 20?