Documents Required - Uk Spouse Visa

Just got married to my Thai fiancee last Friday and sometime this month I will make the UK Spouse Settlement Visa application to VAF - noting that the price has gone up yet again because of the exchange rate!

Anyway, I have a few queries regarding the required documents :-

1. Is it really necessary to submit my and my wife's birth certificates? I would have thought that as birth dates are in our passports then that is sufficient.

2. We are both divorced and will submit original divorce certificates. We do not have the marriage certificates relating to those divorces. Anyone see that as a problem?

3. It says on the UKBA website that I need to submit a full copy of my passport. I presume that is the bio data page and the stamped pages but does it also include the blank pages?

4. I read in a previous post here that all the documents (of which there are many!) can be submitted in a folder and VAF must accept this, Can someone confirm this please?

Many thanks.

1. on the link I looked at it doesn't specifically ask for birth certificates just proof of both your ages, which as you say is on your passports.

2. You don't need marriage certificates from your first marriages, you need to supply current evidence that you are married and proof that you were free to do so, so your marriage certificates and divorce certificates should surfice - don't forget to include copies.

3. I personally would submit copies of all the passport pages, even the blank ones, it could show that your not hiding anything untoward, maybe copy the blank pages front and back on a couple of sheets of paper, and put behind the more relevent ones.

4. Yes, it's your wifes application and it's up to her to submit the correct evidence, certainly if she submits the evidence in a neat, indexed folder it will make the job of the ECO that much easier. It has been reported that some VFS staff have been difficult in the past but, as I say, it's your wifes application and it she who decides what to submit. Ensure all the evidence is there, and if you want the evidence returned also submit copies. One thing I always say is don't overwhelm the ECO with irrelevant evidence.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/documents/