Pizza Delivery?

n00b

I just got of the phone with a certain pizza fast food chain and it was really upsetting. Some people just fail to realize that they are supposed to be working in the service industry. This woman was rude and refused to accept that she spoke horrible English and was unable to take an order. I can't make a complicated order in Thai either so there was no point in trying.

I asked several times to talk to someone else but she refused and claimed she coud no how sapeak good engit.

Never mind, boycotting them now. If they hire idiots I won't order from them.

Is there a better alternative? Perhaps both in service quality and pizza quality?

I called the other chain that makes less than mediocre pizzas but they said that they don't deliver in Hua Hin.

Any other options?

I frequently order home delivery from The Pizza Company. They are always polite and always speak good English; not necessarily the person that answers the phone but when I say "I'd like to order a pizza for delivery" in English they put me on hold for a few seconds and then someone comes on that speaks very good English and takes my order.

I actually like some of their pizzas like the Super Deluxe and a few others and usually take advantage of their monthly 399 baht promotion that includes a pizza, an order of spaghetti, an order of chicken wings, and a loaf of garlic bread. This feeds my family of three for a little over 400 baht after the delivery charge and they always come in almost exactly 30 minutes after I place the order. I ordered from them today and it took a little longer both on the phone and for the delivery, I suspect because of the rain they were swamped so maybe that's what happened to you. I think a lot of people order in when it's raining.

I have been ordering from them probably once every week or two on average for the last 5 or 6 years and nobody has ever been rude to me and the service has always been good. I agree that you can get a better pizza but sometimes you just don't want to go out and between the two delivery options, I think TPC is much better than PH.

There are two outlets in town and the one I order from, because they are the closest to me is the one in Market Village so maybe you got the other one, however, before Market Village opened I ordered many times from the one on Phetkasem (just down from Starbucks) and never had a problem with their service either.

From my years of experience with them, I suspect you just had a one off and got someone who was in a bad mood or hit them when they were overly busy because of the rain and the people who speak good English were all busy.

hhafrang: I'm also a happy customer of The Pizza Company, though not quite as often as you -- maybe once a month?

However, I suggest you try the link in nickmanchester2's post above yours. Easier than phoning in the order, and no misunderstandings. They've added a feature that shows the progress of your order as well, in case you're bored and feel like clicking "refresh" every five minutes or so.

hhafrang: I'm also a happy customer of The Pizza Company, though not quite as often as you -- maybe once a month?

However, I suggest you try the link in nickmanchester2's post above yours. Easier than phoning in the order, and no misunderstandings. They've added a feature that shows the progress of your order as well, in case you're bored and feel like clicking "refresh" every five minutes or so.

Yeah, I've looked at their website to check the monthly promotions before, and once I went through the online order system to the point of ordering (but didn't) just to see how it worked. I've phoned them so much that they have all my info on the computer (name, address, directions to the house etc.) and pull it up as soon as they see my number so it's very easy for me to order that way.

This is so funny, Victor Meldrew or Alf Garnett spings to mind....OP, either learn Thai so you can order or go without....wonder if there is a website Britvisa for Thais in the UK and they post about the stupid English not being able to understand them

This is so funny, Victor Meldrew or Alf Garnett spings to mind....OP, either learn Thai so you can order or go without....wonder if there is a website Britvisa for Thais in the UK and they post about the stupid English not being able to understand them

+1

Wonder how the same guys manage to buy "pizzy" ?