Recommend Accommodation Chiang Saen

Artamus

I have a couple of visitors coming in December and they want to stay in Chiang Saen a couple of nights.

I've been to Chiang Saen on a few occasions, but never found any good, sensibly-priced accommodation. Seems to be either back-packers or fancy resorts. Does anyone have any recommendations for something like bungalow style/resort accommodation in or close to Chiang Saen? Price range say around 700-1,000 baht/night. Would rather have something in or close to town. Not interested in anything up the Golden Triangle.

Many thanks

Hi,

Last time we were in Chiang Saen we stayed in the Siam Triangle Hotel for 3 or 4 nights.

Personally I thought it was of a very good value for money & a surprisingly high standard of accomodation for Chiang Saen.

Good points.

Modern, clean, pool, breakfast was ok, right on the river.

Bad points.

Bit of a long walk along the river to Chiang Saen.

(We had a car so it didn't bother us).

Personally I would have stayed longer but the wife insisted we stayed at the MIL's for the rest of the visit.

Hi,

Just checked on Trip Advisor, Siam Triangle reviews seem to be a bit patchy.

I stayed there soon after it first opened about 18 months ago & thought it was very good.

Serene at Chiang Rai hotel gets the best reviews now.

Never stayed there personally, but it will probably be the one we will stay in next time we go.

A few years ago whilst cycling the biog river loop I stayed at the River Hill Hotel,

It was cleanish, the ale was well chilled and the service, well what do you expect....

From memory they charged 800 per night with a breakfast of sorts and town and river were only a stone's throw away.

Good luck

Just before you drive into Chiang Saen there is a very nice place with a rail car on the side of the road. They have clean AC rooms right on the water. Great place and the owner speaks perfect English. Grade A service for about 800 baht. If I find the name of the place I'll post again.