Visa Run During Non B Processing

So I've got a job that will be turning my tourist visa to a non b then work permit . However, my tourist visa is going to run out before i get the documents for my non b. I don't want to pay 500 baht a day overstay so i was thinking about just doing a border run. But I am worried about is that since I will be officially ending my TV and I am not sure whether or not this will affect the processing of my non b. Such as, If I go to Laos, and they say "this non b derived from a tv but you have a 15 day on arrival stamp (or whatever). We can't process this."

I'm hoping that would just be beaurachratic nonsense that will be ignored or disregarded and I would continue on with my non b as usual.

Anyone have any info as to what might be the case?

Whenyou are applying for a Non Immigrant Category 'B' Visa outside of Thailand, then it doesn't matter what visa/stamp you were on (if any).

Your employer needs to apply for your Work Permit first and the WP3 Receipt (and/or Letter of Approval) issued by Labour when your application is successfully filed is required as part of your Non 'B' application.

It also doesn't mater what visa/any you are on when the Work Permit Application is made/filed; but you will need a current Non 'B' entry stamp in your passport to actuially collect your Work Permit.

Thanks,

I just know that this agency asked for my passport and said they needed to make copies of it plus my current visa. So i wasn't sure if a change in the visa would somehow upset the flow of documents.

I am really not concerned with the work permit at the moment. My job is going to handle all of that. Right now they're going to get me a non b for 90 days then the work permit process will come later. I just wanted to know that me, now, waiting to receive the documents I need to take to Laos for the non b will not be upset if I go to Cambodia for a 15 day visa on arrival.

From you it sounds like it doesn't, and I don't think it will matter.

Thanks,

I just know that this agency asked for my passport and said they needed to make copies of it plus my current visa. So i wasn't sure if a change in the visa would somehow upset the flow of documents.

I am really not concerned with the work permit at the moment. My job is going to handle all of that. Right now they're going to get me a non b for 90 days then the work permit process will come later. I just wanted to know that me, now, waiting to receive the documents I need to take to Laos for the non b will not be upset if I go to Cambodia for a 15 day visa on arrival.

You will almost certainly will have a problem getting a Non 'B' in SE Asia without the Work Permit Application being successfully filed first.

Here is a link to the list of requirements to apply for a Non Immigrant Category 'B' Visa.

http://www.mfa.go.th...siness-and.html

Are you assuming anyone follows the rules in thailand?

Most Government Departments contain large numbers of staff who are very keen to follow their individual readings of the regulations.

At most Consulates in the SE Asia Region you will also find career diplomats also with a marked fondness for following regulations.

When it comes to dealing with Labour, Immigration and the MFA, then be relaxed by all means, but be prepared to hit brick walls, as most staff will follow standard operating procedures.

• Like 1

Thanks,

If you think that the paperwork will take more than 15 days, ie border run and times up, I would suggest a single entry tourist visa at a Thai Embassy in Laos as an example, 1000 Bhat, 60 days, with extension available in Thailand, 1,900. The Vientiane Embassy suggests this when I am missing one document, or document not correct, for the Non B, while I wait for proper docs.