Foodcourt @ Don Muang . Yes,yes,yes.

songhklasid

My first impression of the new don muang wasthe lack of food outlets,the 1 good asian restaurant located upstairs was full due to the extra patronage, so we asked if there was food outlets @ the gate area, yes so in we go,burger kingwas the only choice, it was absolute garbage and expensive to boot, no wonder i never eat this crap, WHAT IS SORELY NEEDED is a coupon type food hall selling asian cuisine, variety @ reasonable price, they have the room, and the extra people using the airport I'm sure it will be well patronised, apart from that all good, I will be passing on my comments to the enquires desk next time there next week.

regards songhklasid

walk over the footbridge-toward SRT-trainstation-and the usual local TH array of dozens of foodcarts is there-even without coupons. You sit amongst a big collection of stinky red Songhthaews, serving the Don Muang living quarters.

If you go airside in domestic there is a pay-for lounge (140 baht) next to KFC? that offers Thai buffet food with tea, coffee water etc, The food in the promo photos looks great, but not quite matched by reality. However for 140 baht you hang out in reasonable comfort waiting for your flight. Just beware, it's a long way to get to the toilets from there if you go the wrong way.

Asian food for farangs when thats what they have to eat most of the time bah.gif . Come on, farangs need a change, something they are used too.

If you are Thai, then buy a sticky rice bamboo thingy to carry around. thumbsup.gif

If thats what you call food ( burger king, mc craps, kfc) god help america, kon thai don,t ever fall for the multi national push to control the masses, you have the best, healthiest food in the world.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif
  • Like 1

Asian food for farangs when thats what they have to eat most of the time bah.gif . Come on, farangs need a change, something they are used too.

If you are Thai, then buy a sticky rice bamboo thingy to carry around. thumbsup.gif

If thats what you call food ( burger king, mc craps, kfc) god help america, kon thai don,t ever fall for the multi national push to control the masses, you have the best, healthiest food in the world.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Eat before you leave home. Going without food for a few hours will not hurt you

• Like 1

Oh yeh, thats why NE Thailand is No.1 in the world for stomach cancer. rolleyes.gif

that,s called liver flukes, it,s from 1 variety of fresh water fish found in isaan region, don't worry stick to your cheeseburger/upsize fat choresterol

i am enjoying fresh food.S.S.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Sorry, a reply to, we have the healthiest food in the word here. sad.png

No food court?

Guess this report I found is wrong then?

There is also a Magic Food Point located on the ground floor under the adjacent Airport Office Building. You can reach it on foot in about :07 from Terminal 1.

It operates using a coupon-based system. Their current hours of operation are 06:00 to 20:00 daily.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8429693@N04/8023812515/

J!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou javel, My prayers have been answered, I had the pleasure to dine in the majic food court on the 19th oct, there's about 8 different food outlets ranging from khou mun ghai,muslim khou mok ghai,(saffron rice) noodle dishes, thai food varieities,I chose khou mun ghai washed down with a cocanut shake for the pricely sum of 55 baht.This outlet mainly caters for the airline ground staff, technicians, re-fuelers etc, but something similiar on a larger scale in terminal 1 would do a roaring trade, for those who wish to sample it's about 5-7 minutes walk east of terminal 1, just follow the footpath, it's approx under the red rotating radar scanner as a reference point.

bon appetite songhklasid.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There used to be a food court in DM. Not many farabg knew about it. As I recakl it wasbetween the dom and intl terminals but I so forget. Anyone found one? There must be a public fc where staff eat.

Um....try reading the three posts above yours!!

Thanks, I honestly missed it.

Most certainly not the same place. Looks out of the way, perhaps on purpose.

You're right, not the same place, and I know the one you were thinking of...I loved that one. Anyway, I'm glad DM is back in action, I've always hated the hi-so mall feeling of Swampy. At the least, at DM, if you haven't checked in yet, you can always walk across the highway on the saphan loy and be in a real Thai neighborhood!

for those who wish to sample it's about 5-7 minutes walk east of terminal 1, just follow the footpath, it's approx under the red rotating radar scanner as a reference point.

Can you please clarify the direction you need to walk from Terminal 1?

Walking East would put you in the middle of the runways...

You're right, not the same place, and I know the one you were thinking of...I loved that one. Anyway, I'm glad DM is back in action, I've always hated the hi-so mall feeling of Swampy. At the least, at DM, if you haven't checked in yet, you can always walk across the highway on the saphan loy and be in a real Thai neighborhood!

The one he is talking of was just outside the international terminal and past the 7/11 kind of shop which you would pass on your way to the domestic terminal. ( level 2 i believe )

On the left was the carpark and on the right was the food court.

I have good memory's about that place always full of airport staff and a lonely tourist.

• 2 weeks later...

The one he is talking of was just outside the international terminal and past the 7/11 kind of shop which you would pass on your way to the domestic terminal. ( level 2 i believe )

On the left was the carpark and on the right was the food court.

I have good memory's about that place always full of airport staff and a lonely tourist.

Yes, it was always our first stop at Don Muang, a taste of real Thai food at last !

• 3 weeks later...

Facing out toward the rail / road on the ground floor, walk to the

far right hand side of the terminal. Exit the building and turn right.

Follow your nose approx 150m, enter the underground carpark

and turn right at your first opportunity.

Bon appetite!

Well I tried looking for it last week and couldn't find it!!!! There is a bank there which I walked past, then just offices!!!!

I ended up crossing the bridge and eating there, which was ok.

I will try again next week

Bon appetite!

Well I tried looking for it last week and couldn't find it!!!! There is a bank there which I walked past, then just offices!!!!

I think it's The Bangkok Bank, just walk straight for a few minutes you will see a mini-mart and beside it is the food court, I think it is called Magic Food Court..opposite an underground carpark....food are cheap...

• Like 1

Bon appetite!

You just need to go a little further

• Like 1

You can reach Magic from inside the terminal building. From the departures level there is a corridor that leads to the office building. Take the corridor until it opens up to a large room, turn left and go to the corner of the room, there are elevators there. Go to the ground floor and the elevator opens onto the parking garage and you can see Magic to your right. If you are facing the terminal, the corridor is at the far left end of the building near the escalators.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Although I'm a avid fan & supporter of the coupon food courts, yesterday's visit to don mutant had me surprised, my 1st visit for 6 months but how there's a steakhouse, subway, KFC in the domestic terminal concourse just avoid that dreadfully Burger King ( a bad example of the franchise)

Regards songhklasid