Supreme Court Issues Arrest Warrant Against Thaksin

webfact

One is inclined to ask whether this decision along with other decisions by the judiciary concerning the renegade bail jumper are the prime motives behind certain Red Shirt luminaries visiting their sponsor in Hong Kong?

The judiciaries decisions would have of course been known about prior to the warrants being issued as Thaksin and his acolytes know full well how the Thai legal system works and the result if one fails to appear in court to to answer charges, indeed it's much the same in the U.K. too.

What better time is there than now to re-ignite the passion that the Red Shirt brigade and their known leaders and of course their sponsor to have an action replay of the let's destroy Bangkok by burning and destroy the country.

This so a bunch or should I say ''rabble' of assorted megalomaniacs can return and try to attempt to assume power and create chaos in their bid to have a megalomaniac returned to power so as the said megalomaniac can resume the plundering of the state coffers and of course the manipulation of the judicial system and the rewriting of the constitution so as to benefit one person, his family and their brown nosing acolytes in his unquestionable desire for revenge,power and money at any cost?

The meeting agenda in Hong Kong probably reads thus from Pavlov. ''.Let loose the dogs of war !''

You might have something here. We all know that the red shirt burn Bangkok campaign started immediately after Thaksin's assets were seized. It could be another "mob on demand" in the making.

Actually, the precedent for street protest that defied legal judgments to dispurse was yellow.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai court issues arrest warrant against Thaksin

BANGKOK, Oct 11, 2012 (AFP) - Thailand's Supreme Court on Thursday issued an arrest warrant for ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra, in the latest abuse of power charges brought against the controversial tycoon.

Thaksin, who was removed from power in a 2006 military coup and lives abroad to avoid a separate jail term for corruption, is one of 27 defendants facing trial over loans issued by the state-run Krung Thai Bank.

The former prime minister's absence from the Bangkok court "shows signs of evasion", said one of the nine presiding judges.

"The court decides to issue an arrest warrant only against the first defendant (Thaksin) and his trial will be pending until the prosecutor can bring him to court," he said.

Thaksin remains a deeply controversial figure in politically divided Thailand, where his sister Yingluck Shinawatra is the current prime minister.

He faces five charges including abuse of power and violation of banking laws along with the other defendants -- who include former executives at Krung Thai.

They are accused of using their positions to allow the bank to lend to companies known to have been in a poor financial situation while Thaksin was still in power.

The abuse of power charges carry a maximum 10 year jail term and state prosecutors are seeking the return of 10.5 billion baht ($340 million) in compensation.

A total of six arrest warrants have now been issued against Thaksin since he fled Thailand in 2008, including a case in which he was convicted of abuse of power over land purchases and four pending corruption trials.

Thailand's government has mooted an amnesty as part of reconciliation efforts following deadly street rallies in 2010 -- seen as the culmination of years of increasingly bitter splits in Thai politics since the coup.

But the opposition has claimed the scheme is aimed at enabling Thaksin to return home. Yingluck's party has postponed discussion of the proposals over fears they would further stoke tensions in the volatile nation.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-10-11

Now here is a scarey thought. Yingluck is delaying discussion on the amnesty so the red/black shirts can re arm and build up their forces.

Is there anyone on this forum who can tell me why Thaksin Shinawatra cannot/will not come back to Thailand.?

As a meglomanic he cannot and will not accept he has done any wrong and will not come back until he is completely absolved of any wrong doing, he wants to be welcomed back as the saviour of Thailand a hero not as a marked criminal...its an ego/face thing plain and simple

if he was truely the saviour of the Thai people as he claims, he would have done the morally right thing and come back and appealed his sentance, if he did and even lose the case do you really think he would have spent any time behind bars..no way

Edited by Soutpeel

Breaking news in the other paper has Thaksin rejecting the arrest warrant issued by the Supreme Court and would not accept any cases filed against him.... according to mouthpiece Noppadon.

Suprise suprise...I wonder what reason will be given for "rejecting" the warrant....he can accept or reject anything he wants...doesnt change the fact he has another warrant against him

• Like 2

His lawyer stated that he will not accept any warrants issued because they were by his political adversaries. What if anyone charged of a crime was to use that same excuse...might as well just shutdown the complete legal system over here.

Wasn't this the case where some of the bank funds appeared to have been laundered through Thaksin's son's checking account?not that the son had any knowledge of this.

His lawyer stated that he will not accept any warrants issued because they were by his political adversaries. What if anyone charged of a crime was to use that same excuse...might as well just shutdown the complete legal system over here.

But hold on didnt he state publically he was no longer involved in politics, if this is the case how can one have political adversaries ?...suppose the next one will be he will not accept any warrants because he wasnt breast fed as a baby...

• Like 1

Is there anyone on this forum who can tell me why Thaksin Shinawatra cannot/will not come back to Thailand.?

He cannot be arrested: No-one would dare.

He may be afraid of a stray bullet, but that scenario could have been achieved anywhere he has traveled in the world over the last six years by any competent hit man. He does indeed have some really serious enemies.

Quite simply, what's his problem?

You don't know, you may have some lower ranking army or some of the former communists (that not follow the red shirts) or some southern paramilitaries who would help the police by arresting him and bringing him to the next police station.

As well there are some financial heavy-weights....only think for CP, Red Bull, Chang, the bank owners. If one of them is real angry as he thinks that Thaksin wracks the country and subsequential the profit, they can easily put enough money on the table, that the police or the red shirts arrest him.

and many of the things may trigger complete unpredictable actions from many players.

Breaking news in the other paper has Thaksin rejecting the arrest warrant issued by the Supreme Court and would not accept any cases filed against him.... according to mouthpiece Noppadon.

I always wonder, why Thaksin does not just arrest the Supreme Court or shoot two of the judges (or if they are protected, their daughter, wife, grandmum, brother).

I mean just the normal things reasonable dictators do.

Quote: IndyUK

"When will you guys wake up? Taksin is not a criminal by any rational Juristic persons standards other than the system of justice corrupted by the Democrat conspiracy at that time. Everything since Taksin's conviction is orchestrated by Democrat conspirators who continue to hope that Taksin is further damaged or even destroyed. Anyone in Thailand that is copus mentos will know that is irrational. In fact what the Democrats seek woulhat d probably Damage Thailand even more seriously than the damage that they already caused."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Best joke I've heard on this forum today, well for 20 seconds, until I realised you were serious about what you write. The world is all a stage, and you should be acting all the characters in it! You should be Thaksin's Magician and Jester rolled into one. giggle.gif

Excellent post, even with the audacity you dare. I do pity your pricelessness though. cheesy.gif

I chuckled. Thank you!

-mel.

• Like 2

So, because he was investigated after he was ousted, he's not going to accept the investigation. blink.png

Surely, if the investigation lead to trumped up charges, it'll be easy for him to defend himself in court against them.

But, No. Jump up and down, and scream "But, But ... no one was supposed to investigate that!"

One more step forward for Thailand.

Thaksin not returning has never been about the Rachadapisek land deal conviction for abuse of power, but about incarceration for that small sentence making it impossible to avoid showing up for the other handful of more serious cases, each with serious jail time possible, and a will to prosecute him in evidence.

And this is the real reasons for the parliamentary moves and desire for a 'blanket amnesty'. Other wise he foresees eventually death in a luxury jail cell, with no face left, and no chance to rule Thailand.

Short of violence from the armed peace loving red/blackshirts I don't think we will hear much about the amnesty any more.wai.gif

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

I think it is simply a tactical retreat, not a change of strategic objective.

The evidence hasn't even been submitted to the court. Don't know why there are a lot of frothers on here trumpeting on about his guilt.

I wonder if they'll allow prosecution witnesses to give testimony in secret, as with the Ratchada case.

But surely you'd have to admit, he is clearly guilty of failing to show up in court, as all the other defendants managed to do ?

And that's why the Supreme Court has issued the warrant.

No, the military junta did not set up state run agencies for the specific purpose of finding fault with the other 26.

The evidence hasn't even been submitted to the court. Don't know why there are a lot of frothers on here trumpeting on about his guilt.

I wonder if they'll allow prosecution witnesses to give testimony in secret, as with the Ratchada case.

But surely you'd have to admit, he is clearly guilty of failing to show up in court, as all the other defendants managed to do ?

And that's why the Supreme Court has issued the warrant.

No, the military junta did not set up state run agencies for the specific purpose of finding fault with the other 26

Totally agree, very unfair how 'elite' people like Thaksin are treated. wink.png

BTW it does seem that sufficient was dug up to make the Supreme Court decide on calling k. Thaksin in to here why they decided to proceed with the Krung Thai Bank loan scandal case. Fact is k. Thaksin did not come when summoned and therefor the court issued an arrest warrant. Of course like all 'innocent' people k. Thaksin promptly had his mouthpice Noppadon say "rejecting the arrest warrant issued by the Supreme Court and would not accept any cases filed against him". ermm.gif

I hope this thread runs and runs - it's the funniest I've seen for ages. Daily Mail readers on steroids.

Thank god Thaksin and the supreme court have come through to raise the excitement level of the Tvisa predictables.....smile.png

Arrest warrant just like a pile of parking tickets on the back seat......wow....exciting for sure

• Like 1

Amusing it will be when the warrant is not enacted and there is no conviction.

Foam, splutter, spume, wank..............

If you can overcome your giggling, could you explain why the warrant won't be enacted, and why there wouldn't be a conviction on fairly clear evidence.

Are you assuming corrupt dereliction of duty as a standard of this government? I am still awaiting the Guinness Book of Records award for the highest number of criminal charges against MPs/ministers in a government.

I hope this thread runs and runs - it's the funniest I've seen for ages. Daily Mail readers on steroids.

You're not defaming Daily Mail readers here, are you wink.png

BTW what's so funny about the Supreme Court issuing an Arrest Warrant against a fugitive criminal ?

• Like 1

Thank god Thaksin and the supreme court have come through to raise the excitement level of the Tvisa predictables.....smile.png

Arrest warrant just like a pile of parking tickets on the back seat......wow....exciting for sure

If only things in England were as exciting as this. Imagine a court issuing an arrest warrant against a criminal fugitive who had his new passport hand delivered by a relative who just happened to be the MoFA. Somehow I think even the Times would have a paragraph on this smile.png

• Like 2

If only things in England were as exciting as this. Imagine a court issuing an arrest warrant against a criminal fugitive who had his new passport hand delivered by a relative who just happened to be the MoFA. Somehow I think even the Times would have a paragraph on this smile.png

There is a dam_n site more complaining about passport delivery on Tvisa than ever there is in England Rubl,......perhaps you should diversify to keep your edge from blunting......

Edited by 473geo

Did He ever return the dozen accolades and honorary citations he received from esteemed Thai institutions?

If he did, I'll eat my flip flops. (pass the msg please, this rubber sole is a bit tough on the canines).

Some of the best quotes in the OP article are from the lawyer Noppadon. I think if he ever said something truthful, he'd choke, turn red, and his head would crinkle like a balloon left out in the sun.

Wasn't this the case where some of the bank funds appeared to have been laundered through Thaksin's son's checking account?

Yes, both his son Oaf and his wife Potjaman were also defendants in the original indictment for their involvement in siphoning funds off of the bogus loans, but they are not included in the current list of 26 accused.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Thaksin-hit-with-court-case-over-KTB-loans-30184131.html

One is inclined to ask whether this decision along with other decisions by the judiciary concerning the renegade bail jumper are the prime motives behind certain Red Shirt luminaries visiting their sponsor in Hong Kong?

The judiciaries decisions would have of course been known about prior to the warrants being issued as Thaksin and his acolytes know full well how the Thai legal system works and the result if one fails to appear in court to to answer charges, indeed it's much the same in the U.K. too.

What better time is there than now to re-ignite the passion that the Red Shirt brigade and their known leaders and of course their sponsor to have an action replay of the let's destroy Bangkok by burning and destroy the country.

This so a bunch or should I say ''rabble' of assorted megalomaniacs can return and try to attempt to assume power and create chaos in their bid to have a megalomaniac returned to power so as the said megalomaniac can resume the plundering of the state coffers and of course the manipulation of the judicial system and the rewriting of the constitution so as to benefit one person, his family and their brown nosing acolytes in his unquestionable desire for revenge,power and money at any cost?

The meeting agenda in Hong Kong probably reads thus from Pavlov. ''.Let loose the dogs of war !''

You might have something here. We all know that the red shirt burn Bangkok campaign started immediately after Thaksin's assets were seized. It could be another "mob on demand" in the making.

Actually, the precedent for street protest that defied legal judgments to dispurse was yellow.

Actually, the precedent for street protest that were illegal belongs to the Red Shirts and their riot in July 2007.

The first street violence of either color.

Actually, the precedent for street protest that were illegal belongs to the Red Shirts and their riot in July 2007.

are you sure about that?

Edited by nurofiend