Renewed By "retirement" Extension Today

wink.png Just a note to say I renewed my did my 2nd yearly renewal of my retirement extension today at Chaeng Wattana.

Original non O visa multi entry granted from Thai consulate in Hull on 15 October 2010.

Extended it in Chang Wattana in September 2011 until 15 October 2012.

Used the 800K baht account method for that first one.

Did the 2nd extension until 15 October 2013 today 12 October 2012.

Used the combination method for the extension today (bank account plus embessy income statement).

Worked fine, not a question asked at Chaeng Wattana.

Actual process in immigration took less than 15 minutes to do.

Now valid and stamped in my passport as able to stay until 15 October 2013 as retirement

So the process does work, just as long as you play by immigration's rules.

rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

You are right about it does work. My extensions now take around 15 minutes. The immigration officer in charge knows me well now and I always have everything they want ready. I just show lots of respect for a good job done and keep getting a good job done.

• Like 1

As long as a person has all his ducks/documentation lined up at Chaeng Wattana, your time setting in front of the immigration officer to process the retirement extension is usually around 10 minutes. Chances are your queue time will far exceed your time at the immigration officer desk...and if you got a low queue number you could be in and out of Chaeng Wattana with a new retirement extension in around 30 minutes. Just need your ducks (docs) lined up.

smile.png Another point.

October 23rd is a Thai National holiday....and you can just about gaurentee immigration offices will be closed.

Also, since thd 22nd of October is a Monday, I wouldn't be surprised if your local immigration office was at least on low manning on that day also.

So if you're planning on going to immigration that week, I wouldn't look to Monday the 22nd of October or Tuesday the 23rd of October as you're solution.

whistling.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 1

As long as a person has all his ducks/documentation lined up at Chaeng Wattana, your time setting in front of the immigration officer to process the retirement extension is usually around 10 minutes. Chances are your queue time will far exceed your time at the immigration officer desk...and if you got a low queue number you could be in and out of Chaeng Wattana with a new retirement extension in around 30 minutes. Just need your ducks (docs) lined up.

Thailand is not the place to joke about ducks biggrin.png

Yes immigration officers can be ok . Idid first retirement extention this week at khon kaen, very helpful polite efficient in out in 10 minutes, produced letter from bank , bank books etc ,paid 1900 baht sign here /here , there you go easy .

Never a problem so far at CM. He doesn't complain while I shine his shoes or polish the brass on his shoulder boards and they really love that case of Johnny Walker Black label I bring in.

Edited by moe666

Never a problem so far at CM. He doesn't complain while I shine his shoes or polish the brass on his shoulder boards and they really love that case of Johnny Walker Black label I bring in.

..........there was a time

You could see people arriving with wives/gf, laden with more gifts that the three wise men.

Edited by uptheos