Bang Sean Bike Week 2-3Rd November

karlos

I know there's a dedicated thread for bike events, but this is the big one and it would be nice to get as many people along as possible. I don't often check the bike events thread myself, so having this here should make people aware of this event :)

I'll be heading down on Saturday afternoon and intend to stay there well into the evening, perhaps we could get a little convoy from Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi / Bang Na Trat up and running :)

I will definitely be going, just don't know when, but will probably overnight there. I make the run to Bang Saen beach quite often. It is a quick blast from Bangkok, great little back roads around there, just don't hit a monkey if you go by the Chinese temple.

Well I guess instead of hanging out at a pub with people who may not share your interests, you can hang out and have a beer with thousands who like motorcycles like you do. That video is just getting to the place. Here is a video of some examples of what happens during the event:

• 2 weeks later...

Hay guts, i am a old <deleted> that is retired in Thailand. I just bought my old lady a new F1 Honda. For some reason my old lady is giving a hard time when i say i want to buy a bike of my own. Question number one is: Can i buy a bike in Thailand in my own name? I have owned 5 Honda's over my life. My last one was a Honda Shadow, 500cc. I loved that bike. I would not mind having another one. I am sure that i can not buy a 1986 Shadow here in Thailand. If i could, i would have to pay some big buck's. As i am 6'1." The Thai style of a motor bike dose not work with my body size. Question number two is. Do any of you know of a bike i can buy here in Thailand. That is much like the Honda i mentioned above? Please, do not give me the old bullshit about just Google it. I have lived in Thailand for 7 years. The people of Thailand do not advertise much on the internet. That is why i am coming to Expat's for info. Turn me on.