German Seeks Runaway Thai Wife For Son's Sake

webfact

For you guys wondering where the 10 mil went, I finished reading the article for you.

A House, a car, household & consumer goods. Plus 2 years cost of living. Possibly some unnecessary things that men in love spend money on. Perhaps expenses related to his grandfather's funeral.

Didn't read anything about champagne etc., where did you guys see that?

Exactly, typing before reading or thinking. Potential forum posters ought to have to pass a reading comprehension test before being able to comment. Alas, there would be no forum would there.

• Like 2

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For you guys wondering where the 10 mil went, I finished reading the article for you.

A House, a car, household & consumer goods. Plus 2 years cost of living. Possibly some unnecessary things that men in love spend money on. Perhaps expenses related to his grandfather's funeral.

I second that. It's very easy to spend that amount of money if you run into an accomplished mother/daughter team that skillfully cons you into buying even the most ludicrous "consumer goods". I am also wondering from who he "bought" the land on which the house is standing. I bet it was the MIL (and the land title was of course in the absconded daughter's name). The fact that the German was allowed to stay in the house until his money ran out and was only then kicked out by the MIL makes that scenario even more likely.

What kind of visa did he have to stay,or did he do the many border runs? Didn't he have to put 400k in the bank for eligibility ??

Great place to visit, Thailand. Plenty of people I know also who are spending a great retirement or end of their working days there. But unfortunately you also get these stories. The laws forbidding foreign ownership of land are a necessity but can lead to misplaced trust and loss of all assets. And the previous posts where it has been mentioned how did he spend 5m THB in 2 years. Yes, how did he? Even A whole year renting a pretty good room in Pattaya and having sex every night and expensive meals and plenty of drinks couldn't come to more than 250000 THB.

Before you do the mistake of following in this guys footsteps, you better sit down and do some serious REcalculating!thumbsup.gif Based on your numbers, I would not like to meet your rented company w00t.gif

small issue of a decimal place!

Another possible version of the story:

Fell in love and got a child.

Met the family, and wanted a better life also for them.

Knew that the money would not last for ever, so made this plan.

1) Set up MIL for a nice life in Thailand.

2) Live with family until money runs out.

3) Move back to Germany with family.

4) Work for him and wife, and education for son.

5) When they retire move back to house in Thailand.

...well plan failed, but may not have sounded to stupid to him initially.

• Like 1

I second that. It's very easy to spend that amount of money if you run into an accomplished mother/daughter team that skillfully cons you into buying even the most ludicrous "consumer goods". I am also wondering from who he "bought" the land on which the house is standing. I bet it was the MIL (and the land title was of course in the absconded daughter's name). The fact that the German was allowed to stay in the house until his money ran out and was only then kicked out by the MIL makes that scenario even more likely.

What kind of visa did he have to stay,or did he do the many border runs? Didn't he have to put 400k in the bank for eligibility ??

If he had a dependency visa (marriage visa) he would need 400k in a bank account three months prior to application. Once the visa is issued, he can spend that and as long as he reaches the financial requirements (as above) for his next extension, he is OK.

To get divorced, you need to be married first, which he obviously wasn't as that would make him the legal father of the child automatically.

Does being legally married to the Thai woman necessarily guarantee that he is the legal father of the child?

If she was a member of the Thailand Hostess Society (Pattaya Chapter) then is it not possible she could actually have produced a 3rd party's child unbeknownst to the German man?

So he built a house to live in with his wife and son, she takes off and when the money runs out the mother in law kicks him and her grand baby out of the house that he had built with his money? I do not understand Thainess.

Why can't he go for an abandonment divorce and get half of the house, making it sold under a court order. That will bring the Thai user here out of her hiding hole.

To get divorced, you need to be married first, which he obviously wasn't as that would make him the legal father of the child automatically.

It states all the way through the OP that he is searching for his Thai Wife.

If he was married for Budha, the Thais would also call it his wife.

Otherwise, please explain why a legally married man needs to proof the fatherhood of the son from his wife.

Sorry, it's nothing to do with champagne etc . . . buy a house, fine, why? he can't own it and as can be seen now he's lost it . . . a car, fine, he can own that . . . so let's say he went wild and blew 5M on those 2 things . . . then another 5M in costs of living over 2 years? Jeez, he's mad.

Well, he might have paid a couple of mill in sinsod. And yes that would be mad.

So he built a house to live in with his wife and son, she takes off and when the money runs out the mother in law kicks him and her grand baby out of the house that he had built with his money? I do not understand Thainess.

To kick him out is not entirely strange since he is not the legal owner of the house, notwithstanding the fact that it was his money for the purchase, but for his mother in law to also kick her grand son is not understandable.

Nevertheless, he should know of course who the legal house owner is, his wife or her mother, if it is his wife then the mother in law would have no right to kick him out, so why did this occur, and on who's instruction.

In any event before departing from he house he should have sought the advice from a solicitor due to the fact that he provided the money for the house purchase and is thefore legally protected from being kicked out.

The absents of his wife is strange, but he should no longer be interested in her, he has two purposes, firstly to get matters of his son sorted, and then ensure legally that the house be placed on the market, and that he will at least get 50% of the sale price.

When all of this is sorted, then back to Germany as suggested,

Otherwise, please explain why a legally married man needs to proof the fatherhood of the son from his wife.

Assuming he was actually legally married, that still has nothing to do with whether he can prove he is the father of the child. Without his full and correct name on the birth certificate, being married to the woman means nothing at all.

Does being legally married to the Thai woman necessarily guarantee that he is the legal father of the child?

If she was a member of the Thailand Hostess Society (Pattaya Chapter) then is it not possible she could actually have produced a 3rd party's child unbeknownst to the German man?

In the OP is stated that the child was born during his " marriage".

Assuming he was actually legally married, that still has nothing to do with whether he can prove he is the father of the child. Without his full and correct name on the birth certificate, being married to the woman means nothing at all.

Isn't a child born during a legal marriage, automatically assumed to be the offspring from both married people ? Edited by jbrain

Looks pretty obvious from here. What;s not to understand? Your dilemma may be in trying to believe in something you wish would happen......against all odds.

Isn't a child born during a legal marriage, automatically assumed to be the offspring from both married people ?

Yes that is certainly true, but, for me anyway, it is unclear if they were legally married. While the article uses the term 'wife' often it also says ' So they lived together for a year, and had a son'.

Of course do not know what particular paper the German Authorities require to be signed, could be permission to take the child or similar.

To all of the members that are still suggesting a DNA test, please read Bender's post (post # 50).

When I went through this with my oldest boy I was told that I had to have the mother's permission to have the child's DNA tested.

JohanV,

I agree with 99% of your post but when the birth certificate is only in Thai and the only translation that you get at the registration office is through the child's mother, it is impossible to know what is really being put on the birth certificate.

Also I believe that any man can have their name on the birth certificate but to be the accepted as the real father you have to be named on the document twice (or something along those lines), which most foreigners would not know about.

My name was on my boy's birth certificate but I was told that it did not count for squat.

I'm half Thai. My father was not around for my birth so my uncle was put on the birth certificate (not as my father). My biological father ended up having to adopt me later.

Sorry, it's nothing to do with champagne etc . . . buy a house, fine, why? he can't own it and as can be seen now he's lost it . . . a car, fine, he can own that . . . so let's say he went wild and blew 5M on those 2 things . . . then another 5M in costs of living over 2 years? Jeez, he's mad.

Well, he might have paid a couple of mill in sinsod. And yes that would be mad.

If it was all paid for around the time they got married, that is what she will claim.

To all of the members that are still suggesting a DNA test, please read Bender's post (post # 50).

When I went through this with my oldest boy I was told that I had to have the mother's permission to have the child's DNA tested.

JohanV,

I agree with 99% of your post but when the birth certificate is only in Thai and the only translation that you get at the registration office is through the child's mother, it is impossible to know what is really being put on the birth certificate.

Also I believe that any man can have their name on the birth certificate but to be the accepted as the real father you have to be named on the document twice (or something along those lines), which most foreigners would not know about.

My name was on my boy's birth certificate but I was told that it did not count for squat.

I'm half Thai. My father was not around for my birth so my uncle was put on the birth certificate (not as my father). My biological father ended up having to adopt me later.

Was your father legally married to your mother at the time of your birth ?

Hi, having spent a few minutes on the internet it is possible to test for fatherhood without the mother being available. http://www.dna-testing-adviser.com/PaternityTestDNA.html please note "But paternity can still be checked without the mother’s DNA" I think this can be done in Thailand. I am optimistic that the German Embassy has legal procudures for DNA testing both it's administration and legal procedures, alternatively if the boy was issued with a Thai Passport if DNA is proven can he then apply for German residency on the basis of established fatherhood. Sadly I am sure there are other cases like this so there is a way to sort it out. He is a good man for standing by the boy who I hope will respect this when he grows up, more than can be said for his wife and his mather in law. People like them blame poor education etc but in reality they are the lowest form of life you do not abandon family. There should be laws to prevent mother's from running away from small children, charges like neglect, attempted murder etc.

It is such a sad time for Thailand and Thai people where absolutely everything in life revolves around MONEY nothing else is important. A few years ago western people used to be amazed how important family was always put family first in Thailand much respect to Thai people. How things have changed in a few years now its <<Snip!>> the family just give me money money

Edited by metisdead
: Profanity
  • Like 2

Great place to visit, Thailand. Plenty of people I know also who are spending a great retirement or end of their working days there. But unfortunately you also get these stories. The laws forbidding foreign ownership of land are a necessity but can lead to misplaced trust and loss of all assets. And the previous posts where it has been mentioned how did he spend 5m THB in 2 years. Yes, how did he? Even A whole year renting a pretty good room in Pattaya and having sex every night and expensive meals and plenty of drinks couldn't come to more than 250000 THB.

I think our math in here has some serious holes, sex every nigh alone would be more expensive.

He sure had the guts to run to the media and publish his bad judgement. Sinsod?? I understand she was a sex worker and he could have just barfined her daily for two years and got some change back. Well he sure picked out the fastest place in the world to lose your money...Pattaya. Its a common joke up here in Udon Thani how these girls..mostly already married to Thais with their own kids...can snatch up a gullible farang down in Pattaya or Phuket and wring him dry. An expensive lesson for him. LOL..I had this happen in the Philippines 20 years ago. Can't really blame the girls...the farangs really think these beautiful young girls need to be saved from their life of prostitution!!! By giving them free houses and cars/millions in sinsod...you are just encouraging their prostitution!

• Like 1

Another + for the Thai familybah.gif

What kind of grandmother would kick her own grandson out of the house because dad ran out of money taking care of her?

Absolutely pathetic, disgusting and heartbreaking.

This seems to be normal behavior here; would love to see some decent Thais take a stand and condemn this kind of behavior. Dont see it happening thoughsad.png

I know a case in which decent Thai's (hi-so/ well educated as a matter of fact) have requested to give testimony in court regarding the unsuitability of other Thai's to raise children favoring the farang. There are actually very decent, very lovely Thai people, but believe me, the chances of meeting them amongst the farang ghetto are very slim.

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1