Drive-By Shooting Hits Obama's Denver Campaign Office

webfact

Drive-by shooting hits Obama's Denver campaign office

DENVER, United States, Oct. 13 (Xinhua) -- Denver police have confirmed that a drive-by shooting occurred Friday afternoon at U.S. President Barack Obama's campaign office at downtown Denver.

One shot was fired, shattering the street-front window of the Democratic campaign headquarters office, but no one was injured, according to police spokeswoman Raquel Lopez, who said a number of people were working inside at the time of the shooting.

Police arrived on the scene within minutes and finished their onsite investigation in two hours. Police are withholding information while following other leads.

"At this point, we're not saying it was politically motivated. We're looking at all motives," Lopez said, adding that surveillance video taken at the scene was being reviewed.

Full story: http://news.xinhuane...c_131904392.htm

-- xinhuanet.com 2012-10-13

footer_n.gif

Secret Service hunt for gunman after shot fired at Obama's Denver campaign office in broad daylight

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

DENVER: -- A single shot was fired through the window of President Barack Obama's Denver campaign office Friday, according to police.

Police spokeswoman Raquel Lopez says people were inside the office when the shooting happened in the afternoon, but no one was injured.

A large panel of glass was left shattered at the office on West Ninth Avenue near Acoma Street.

Lopez says investigators are looking at surveillance video but have not yet confirmed a description of a vehicle that might be linked to the shooting. Police didn't immediately release other details while detectives pursue leads.

Lopez says she isn't aware of any previous threats against the campaign office.

Full story/pictures: http://www.dailymail...d-daylight.html

-- Daily Mail 2012-10-13

footer_n.gif

Perhaps one of the guns released into the ether as a part of the 'Fast and furious' mission have returned home to sender.

Or maybe another NRA half-wit, which I realize is redundant, swallowed too much Fox News Kool-Aid.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

One gets the impression this election is not going to be terribly peaceful

ermm.gif

Will there be race riots if Obama loses?

economist and political theorist Thomas Sowell believes the possibility of riots in the event of an Obama loss are very real. He was interviewed by columnist and talk show host Larry Elder in August. Here is part of the exchange:

Perhaps one of the guns released into the ether as a part of the 'Fast and furious' mission have returned home to sender.

Or maybe another NRA half-wit, which I realize is redundant, swallowed too much Fox News Kool-Aid.

The nuts who go around shooing people aren't usually NRA members. Probably never in fact.

• Like 2

The nuts who go around shooing people aren't usually NRA members. Probably never in fact.

Perhaps not, maybe they are just nuts who bought guns second hand from 'responsible' NRA members.

Perhaps not, maybe they are just nuts who bought guns second hand from 'responsible' NRA members.

More likely they bought them from inner city Obama supporters who are not NRA members and have never had a license to own a gun in the first place.

• Like 2

Is that the way that democracy works in the US? Drive-By shootings?

That and smearing feces everywhere. That's what the country has come to.

The drive-by guy is especially dangerous because he was crazy enough to do it in broad daylight. Doesn't sound like someone who has enough sense (but is probably drunk) to do it at night when no one is around and no one can get hurt. They need to find that nutjob fast and lock him up.

Is that the way that democracy works in the US? Drive-By shootings?

Not really, but I do expect the tea party types, etc. will be riled up somewhat upon Obama's reelection, especially if it is close and/or Romney wins the popular vote but loses the election (which is quite possible this time).

One gets the impression this election is not going to be terribly peaceful

ermm.gif

economist and political theorist Thomas Sowell believes the possibility of riots in the event of an Obama loss are very real. He was interviewed by columnist and talk show host Larry Elder in August. Here is part of the exchange:

Yeah. White race riots. That is such a baiting headline. How disgusting. the media continues to find newer and lower lows. As an American I can state that this is not representative of the experience and sentiment of most us.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

One gets the impression this election is not going to be terribly peacefulermm.gif

http://www.examiner....-if-obama-loses

Yeah. White race riots. That is such a baiting headline. How disgusting. the media continues to find newer and lower lows. As an American I can state that this is not representative of the experience and sentiment of most us.

White race riots? Did you read the article? Blacks are threatening to riot if Obama loses. Romney voters - I guess the whites - talk of leaving the country. Here are some sample tweets from Obama supporters...

Heard Mitt Romney , Tryna Take Away Food Stamps , If He Do ."IMA START A RIOT , IMA START A RIOT" —@ThugPickles

If Romney win Imma start riot!—

IG: Mocha_21 (@SpoilMe24_7) —@SpoilMe24_7

If Romney is elected president, its gon be a riot its gon be a riot. —PhillyB_2Insane

on b if romney become president im a start a riot on 11th in front of heb and subway. oh im a make the dam_n news. espn, kbtv, and kfdm.—

You askin too much!! (@MyCup_OILY) —@MyCup_OILY

If ROMNEY GETS IN THE WHITE HOUSE ...U MIGHT AS WELL KILL ME NOW .....CAUSE ITS GONNA BE A MOTHERF**KIN RIOT !!! —@J_freakyArtemis

It's likely just a solo lunatic. I wouldn't read much into it.

I don't think you could be more wrong …….

sad.png

Why? Because this vitriolic talk is coming from both sides of the spectrum including a judge in Texas!

Texas Judge Preparing For ‘Civil War’ If Obama Re-Elected

Thomas Sowell – Race Riots If Obama Loses

!

Edited by Asiantravel

I doubt it. A lot of black folks are fairly religious & they are seriously pissed off about obama supporting gay marriage.

Indeed, I fear that if Obama loses the sundry minority interest groups he has cultivated will attack each other, unless of course they riot in separate locations. wink.png

The Tea Party have been incredibly law abiding. Occupy Wall Street not so much.

I wouldn't be so sure. They've got lots of guns.

I think when Obama wins, there will be a faction of right wing reactionary people, people who incorrectly think Obama is a communist or anti-Christian Muslim / "birther" types and such (which does include some Tea Party people) that will feel very disgruntled. Among them, some may indeed act out in an anti-social manner.

Edited by Jingthing

The Tea Party have been incredibly law abiding. Occupy Wall Street not so much.

I wouldn't be so sure. They've got lots of guns.

I think when Obama wins, there will be a faction of right wing reactionary people, people who incorrectly think Obama is a communist or anti-Christian Muslim / "birther" types and such (which does include some Tea Party people) that will feel very disgruntled. Among them, some may indeed act out in an anti-social manner.

The Tea Party has been around since 2009? 2010? Can you link to any violence that has happened at any of their events? Any destruction of property? I know the media likes to tie the Tea Party to practically anything that happens (the Giffords shooting, Dark Knight shooting,etc) but the facts show that their protests are peaceful and the OWS movement - which enjoys support of the media and Obama - is regularly involved in violence and destruction of property among other crimes. If there is anyone to worry about, it's those thugs.

• Like 2

New Threats to Riot if Obama Loses Election

Despite the issue receiving national media attention, Obama supporters continue to threaten to riot if Mitt Romney wins the presidential election, raising the prospect of civil unrest if Obama fails to secure a second term.

Checking Twitter feeds this morning, we discovered that threats to riot on behalf of Obama supporters are still flooding in, with the users seemingly unaware of the fact that the media has now picked up on the buzz.

We checked the Twitter accounts and virtually all of them are owned by people who have made hundreds or thousands of previous tweets, proving they are genuine accounts and not fakes.

Follow the link for many examples from Twitter.

I'm now certain that there will be riots if Obama loses. Hell, in America they riot when their team wins a championship, it's a great opportunity to grab new, free stuff from store windows and burn some cars. Rioting is a form of mass hysteria and Obama losing would be just an excuse to whip it up. What I mean by that, is that THERE WILL BE RIOTING, and a lot of it will be provoked by criminals trying to create an opportunity for themselves to steal and destroy.