Electric Poles

If I remember right there is a monopoly on electric concrete poles. They can only be supplied by one manufacturer so they can basically charge what they want. I would go and have a chat with the maintenance boss at the electric depot in Nathon. When I was quoted a silly price to join some high voltage cable they sent a crew round and it was a fraction of the price I was quoted. The same goes when the transformer compound gets overgrown. They pop up, pull the fuses from the 3 phase power. chop the greenery and they get a drink.

How much were you quoted as I need to get them to come do the above so will ask.

Is this for a new installation of power to a house or to replace an existing pole that is US ?

Does that price include the pole, wire and connection ?

Quote is 30,000b for new meter,put new 8m pole and take down 300m of cooper cable and move it to replace an old ali cable(200m)

Is this for a new installation of power to a house or to replace an existing pole that is US ?

Does that price include the pole, wire and connection ?

Quote is 30,000b for new meter,put new 8m pole and take down 300m of cooper cable and move it to replace an old ali cable(200m)

Who owns the 300 meters of cable as that in itself is a lump of money ? Also same with the Ali.

100 meters of 50 mm copper has just cost me around the 260,000 Baht.

Seven or so years ago had 1km of poles installed by the 1st wanke_r of a builder..pretty good job at 130kbt..35 poles..forget cable dia??... all set in concrete at my request... had to monitor the whole op as they would have used pink string and bailing wire I think if I was not standing over them.

PEA installed a new pole and meter on our side of the track they call a road without charge when house finished...initially paid 8000bt? for temp meter and got 7500? refunded.

Had to do the hookup to domestic side of meter myself ( scary) as PEA would not do it at any price..strange?

Installed a 50a breaker in a box on last pole at the house end of run....service is 30a ?..would not give me better..lights dim a bit when shower heater on but what the hell.... TIT

Really think that if I coulda found 'em would have had gas lights....lol

Still looking for some nice antique brass oil lamps for all the fricking outages...one day!!!

For all the electronics..... which we cannot do without!? Thinking of a deep cycle truck battery or few,charger and a big mother wattage inverter smile.png

Edited by David006
  • Like 1