Cleaning Of Rental On Moveout

Posted (edited)

I'm staying in a managed rental and am moving out at the end of an annual lease. The place has become a bit dirty. Nothing in the contract about cleaning.

How is this usually handled in Thailand? Should I hire someone to come in and clean it to move in condition, or does the  property manager usually do that anyway after move out no matter how clean it is and deduct it from my deposit? I probably can't get it as clean as when I moved in.

The landlord is not very approachable (never communicated with them) and the real estate agent will handle return of keys at the property on day of checkout.

Edited by JimTripper

If its only dust don't worry. The thing to take care of is all rubbish , empty bottles etc. As long as there is no damage and the place is  left tidy should be no problem.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Even if you clean it they may charge for a professional clean anyway and take out the deposit. Maybe ask the agent 

What do you think is a reasonable charge for that clean. It's 96 sqm. 1-2k?

Edited by JimTripper

4 hours ago, JimTripper said:

What do you think is a reasonable charge for that clean. It's 96 sqm. 1-2k?

The deposit ......too many Thai landlords find all kinds of things wrong after

you have left and keep the deposit...

regards worgeordie

You never know if they will deduct something from your deposit.

Personally, I think you should clean it to a condition like you would like to see it to move in.

Maybe hire one of the cleaning people in the building - if it is a condominium.

Just be a reasonable person. That will increase the chance that the landlord or agent act like reasonable people. 

28 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

But not all of them.

Recently I got my total deposit back - after about 3 years.

"I" cleaned everything, paid the bills, etc. Just like a reasonable person should do.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

I have real estate agent handling it this time, so I think I may get it back. I gave the deposit to him in cash and he said he would return it in cash, though technically the contract says it was remitted to the landlord after it was paid. It's a sizable amount (40k baht) so I'm hoping for the best. Will update here if there is a problem.

If it's not returned it falls on the agent as far as I am concerned, since I handed them cash.

Edited by JimTripper

10 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I have real estate agent handling it this time, so I think I may get it back. I gave the deposit to him in cash and he said he would return it in cash, though technically the contract says it was remitted to the landlord after it was paid. It's a sizable amount (40k baht) so I'm hoping for the best. Will update here if there is a problem.

If it's not returned it falls on the agent as far as I am concerned, since I handed them cash.

Agents usually keep the deposit, rather than pass on to the landlord. Thailand needs a third party deposit process like many other civilised countries

• Thanks 1