Can You Drive Me And My Dog To Bangkok For 5000?

I have to go to Bangkok between the 23rd and the 25th, or arrive latest on the 26th before 8 o'clock in the morning.

I have a clean and well behaved dog that always sleeps while driving, I can bring some blankets to cover the area where he will sleep if necessary.

I just need to get within 50 km of Bangkok, then I can take a taxi from there, so you don't have to drive around.

I will pay for my own ferryticket and food and beverage, so the 5,000 is just to cover ferryticket for car and fuel.

The ferryticket for car and driver cost 450 or 500, and the fuel will be about 2000-3000 baht each way, so if you are driving to Bangkok anyway within those days, you can do it nearly for free..

I have been driving for over 10 years, and I have owned my own car in Thailand for the past 3 years, so I can share the driving if you like.

I am a 28 year old guy from Denmark, I speak fluent English, I'm not a weirdo, and I'm not gonna talk your ears off..

Give me a call, text or mail as soon as possible.

<< Email address removed due to potential spam problems >>

Thanks,

Joe

Edited by metisdead
Not to post email addresses in posts due to potential spam problems.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best option would be to go to the Radja ferry and ask one of the truck drivers for a ride. They would gladly take you for 5000 baht.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect App

I am sure that you have a good reasaon not to hire a car. (one way - less than 5,000 baht.)

I think that mitmig has a good idea. Get a sign - handwritten in Thai and English, reading "Bangkok - 5,000 baht cash for two!". I would cross over on the ferry and then wait at the exit. Set out on the 21st or the 22nd!

I would expect a buyer for that one.

Your own estimates put the costs at around 7000 Baht. Then you are not going to do it in one day so an overnight is to be paid for. For someone to drive you there that wasn't going there would need 9- 10,000 I would imagine. There Is a pickup that runs up to Issan a few times a week from here but that is Thai style in the back all the way. As said there are many trucks heading from here leaving via the Raja ferry terminal in Lippa Noi. I'm sure a Thai driver would love to make some money on his way back to BKK

Good luck !

As far as I am aware, there is no issue with any of the big car hire people allowing cars onto the mainland. It is taking them across borders where the paperwork cuts in. (Avis/Budget used to promote tours with maps, itinerary etc encouraging it.)

You have to tell them where you want to go and they ok it.

It is only some of the local hire companies that do not allow their hire cars to be taken to the mainland.

I use two local companies. One is ok about it and the other is not. (Thais hired one of his cars - took it to the mainland and he never saw it again.)

I have never had an issue with taking my dog in a hire car. I used to rent from Budget and drive from Bangkok to Samui with the dog in the back. Clean the car before you return it. No problem.

You can even do a one-way hire with the big boys if time on the return journey is not an issue.

Edited by Tropicalevo

seriously i have done this before. i had to buy a dog transporter and i go to the vet. you then take the dog to the cargo department of the airport andgive the dog its tablets. you need someone to pic the dog up in Bangkok from the cargo department. That is the quickest way. maybe if you were to find a driver in Bangkok and someone send the dog for you from here. there are allot of drivers in Bangkok.

If not then u need a truck with adog transport on the back.

Better to medicate it as the dog shallprefer to be asleep anyway

I canask around for you. there are allot of isaan peoplethat drive back and forth with trucks and they delievr things on the way which helps pay for there trip

up 2 u as they say i can have an ask around failing that you could ask the dog farther i think he has or used to have a dog taxi but i amnot sure as i have not had dogs in a long time

What BigC is saying is that you and your dog can fly to Bangkok or you can just send the dog.

Option 1

If you both fly - the dog becomes your luggage (up to 20 kilos). There has to be a cage for the dog (supplied by you) and you have to sedate the dog. (Tablets supplied by the vet.) If the dog is more than 20 kilos - you pay excess baggage. (One way - early/late bird flight and then it is not too expensive. Now low season. Plus the cost of the cage and tablets.)

Option 2 - you send the dog as cargo. (Unaccompanied and cheaper)

The cage and tablets are the same as option 1, but in this case, someone has to pick up the dog when it arrives. (Maybe you get to Bangkok first and a friend gets the dog to the airport here in Samui? You meet the dog.)

I have friends who have done the above - both with cats and dogs. Cats- no problem with the 20 kilos.

Apologies to BigC. I only tried to give a bit more info. Some of these newbies do not understand BigC-speak.

OK op - you now have 3 options.

mitmig's - hitch a lift and pay (timescale unreliable)

rent a car and drive yourself

fly or send the dog cargo

All of these options are in or near your original budget.

Please let us know which one you picked, and how it worked out

Did anyone offer to take you?

OK op - you now have 3 options.

mitmig's - hitch a lift and pay (timescale unreliable)

rent a car and drive yourself

fly or send the dog cargo

All of these options are in or near your original budget.

Please let us know which one you picked, and how it worked out

Did anyone offer to take you?

agree he could just drive himself

hold on he has been driving

for10 years. renta car with national car rental anddrop thecar in Bangkok. he might have to pay more but people that wish to be tight can;t be begger

Where can I rent a car that I'm allowed to drive to the mainland and have a dog inside it?

And ThailandBert, please read the full add before you answer.. or read it again if you are forgetful.

Joe

I have just read and reread your original post and there is no mention of hiring a car anywhere but you asking if someone will drive you to BKK. Approx 50 km before BKK where you can get a taxi.

The title of the post also asks

Can You Drive Me And My Dog To Bangkok For 5000?

Not forgetful or stupid as I look thumbsup.gif

"

I went to Budget on Samui to hire a vehicle to drive some stuff to Bangkok. I was after a pick up but they had a mini bus that they needed to get to Bangkok so they let me rent that at a cheaper price with no excess for leaving at a different place.

Quite a bargain, so it's definitely worth asking them if they have any vehicles that need to go.

HL

• Like 1

I went to Budget on Samui to hire a vehicle to drive some stuff to Bangkok. I was after a pick up but they had a mini bus that they needed to get to Bangkok so they let me rent that at a cheaper price with no excess for leaving at a different place.

Quite a bargain, so it's definitely worth asking them if they have any vehicles that need to go.

HL

That was a good result Larry - well done thumbsup.gif

I would not trust those airport-monkeys with a hamster... they killed my last dog! they left his cage in the sun for nearly an hour in the middle of the day, and kept asking me if I was sure I brought a dog?

And I'm not tight, I just tried to save some money! when does that make you tight?

I'm moving to Mexico, so leaving the dog is not an option.

I have reserved a car from budget, a hilux vigo, it costed me 5500 with everything so I should be able to make the trip for about 9000.

And all you grumpy guys (that probably calls a prostitute his wife or girlfriend), go xxxxxxxxx yourself!!!!

Joe

Edited by Rooo

here Bert:

"so if you are driving to Bangkok anyway within those days, you can do it nearly for free.."

I never asked somebody to go out of their way to help me.... I simply asked if anyone is going to Bangkok and have room for a guy and a dog..! Do you get it now?

JEZUZ!!!!

Edited by joenielsen

Honestly with your attitude Samui is the one better off without you.

People tried to help you & you do not have the decency.

Good luck with the mexicans.

Further more , it is characters like you that stop people from helping.If you weren't that lazy you could have done it all yourself instead of counting on others doing your bidding.

Just one more thing, they saw you coming at Budget.

I have opened some of the replies that prompted my above post. Judge for yourselves.In particular post # 20.

No need to justify your remarks Roo.

I wonder sometimes what people expect when they start a thread like this, just a simple 'yes' I guess. Members who obviously couldn't drive him and his dog to BKK used their knowledge to offer a number of alternatives he might like to try. I agree with you that Samui is better off without someone like that and doubt Mexico is going to be overjoyed with him either. In fact, I don't know of any country where being so agressive, ungrateful and rude would be an asset. Sure not all countries are the same nor are regions within countries but one thing for sure, if someone has that kind of attitude on Samui then they will crash and burn.

I would not trust those airport-monkeys with a hamster... they killed my last dog! they left his cage in the sun for nearly an hour in the middle of the day, and kept asking me if I was sure I brought a dog?

And I'm not tight, I just tried to save some money! when does that make you tight?

I'm moving to Mexico, so leaving the dog is not an option.

I have reserved a car from budget, a hilux vigo, it costed me 5500 with everything so I should be able to make the trip for about 9000.

And all you grumpy guys (that probably calls a prostitute his wife or girlfriend), go xxxxxxxxx yourself!!!!

Joe

Maybe by calling them airport monkeys might not have helped as you toldthem you left adog there but you were calling themmonkies so maybe they thought your dog belinged to someone else and could not find the owner as you kept saying the word monkey.

Enjoy Mexico powerdering your nose. Anyway i if u did not speak fluent english i might be bother to drive you but you would bore my ears off becausse infortunatly i can understand you you weirdo.

by the way my wife is nota prostitue but my girl friends are )

• Like 1

Honestly with your attitude Samui is the one better off without you.

People tried to help you & you do not have the decency.

Good luck with the mexicans.

Further more , it is characters like you that stop people from helping.If you weren't that lazy you could have done it all yourself instead of counting on others doing your bidding.

Just one more thing, they saw you coming at Budget.

where did people try to help? i must have read a different thread.

• Like 1