I Need Some Help In Transferring Title(Green Book) On My Motorbike

ericg1953

I recently bought a used Honda PCX from my friends wife. I live in Pattaya and the motorbike was brought here from Phuket. I went with the seller to the local Honda shop (Mityon) to get the title into my name. I have done this before with no problems. Today when I went to pick up the green book they told me I would either have to go to Phuket or to somewhere in Chonburi near the university.

If anyone knows where this place is or how I can go about getting this bike reg transferred..all help is welcome

Thanks

You can try the agent on Sukhumvit road, they will do the name transfer for you at a price.

Agent is MOT Testing station next to Stipholek Gym on Sukhumvit between Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Nua (near the new flyover)

Take the bike with you as they will need to check the chassi/engine no.s

Make sure you have a valid residence certificate and passport along with transfer papers signed by the ex owner and copy of her ID Card

You can try the agent on Sukhumvit road, they will do the name transfer for you at a price.

Agent is MOT Testing station next to Stipholek Gym on Sukhumvit between Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Nua (near the new flyover)

Make sure you have a valid residence certificate and passport along with transfer papers signed by the ex owner and copy of her ID Card

Thanks I know the shop and use it for my car reg..yes I have all the papers and Mityon gave me back the whole package I gave them

Went to this place today..same place where I do my car reg every year and they could not help me. Told me to either go to Phuket or have the owners address changed to BKK and then they would take care of it. Its becoming a headache!!

I may be wrong, but I was told that any transfers of registration or ownership must be done where the bike was initially purchased.

Unless you can find some shady place that will do it for a price.

I had to take my bike to Bangkok to transfer the rego from my name into the wifes name, this makes it easier to sell to someone else. Thai to Thai.

I tried to do this in Pattaya, but was told by the Registry Dept in Pattaya out near the Regents school. That I would have to take it back to Bangkok where it was purchased and registered.

Had to do the same with the car, it was an ISUZU D-MAX purchased in Lop Buri in my name. Traded it in on a new one there again. But changed the rego over so the books were in the wifes name to make it easier for the dealer to sell.

I may be wrong....

Yes.

any transfers of registration or ownership must be done where the bike was initially purchased

wrong

I tried to do this in Pattaya, but was told by the Registry Dept in Pattaya out near the Regents school...

Foreign (province) bikes/cars => CHONBURI!

Banglamung only for Chonburi registered vehicles.

Ok..anyone know where in Chonburi the DLT is?

Yepp...but:

Let an agency/office do the job for you, if you never did something like this before!!

You have to go three times to Chonburi (four times, if plates are not available, what they aren't at the moment....).

Chonburi DLT

http://goo.gl/maps/arBVX

Driving from Pattaya you know your close when you pass the army camp on your right hand side

take the next U turn and look out for the DLT on your left...there's normally a lot of traffic entering and exiting so follow the crowd.

I'm still waiting for plates for my car..they keep saying end of the month..every month rolleyes.gif

Ok..anyone know where in Chonburi the DLT is?

Yepp...but:

Let an agency/office do the job for you, if you never did something like this before!!

You have to go three times to Chonburi (four times, if plates are not available, what they aren't at the moment....).

I would rather let the agency do it but here in Pattaya I have been sent away by 2 agencies as they said they could not do because the bike was bought and 1st registered in Phuket. So are you talking about an agency in Chonburi??

So are you talking about an agency in Chonburi??

Do you sometimes read the replies to your questions?

It was answered already.

No serious agency will send you away, because the bike was reg. in Phuket before.

More likely, because your documents are incomplete/wrong/etc. and have to be cleared in Phuket?

Which documents do you have from the last owner in the book?

The agency and motorbike dealer(mityon) say the paperwork is fine..Mityon did all the paperwork for me when I was with the seller at their dealership. The reputable agency I went to here in pattaya also said the paperwork is fine..its just the origin of the greenbook(phuket) that they have refused to transfer title. Mityon gave back the 800 baht I paid them to do the title transfer..and the seller was there with the bike whule they did the paperwork.

Mityon gave back the 800 baht I paid them to do the title transfer

800 Baht is the fee for transferring a bike inside Chonburi province.

That is done within a day in Banglamung and "nothing", compared to transfer a "foreign" bike in Chonburi. (Three visits to the DLT)

I think, when the agency/mityon recognized, it was a foreign bike, they refused because of the effort.

I asked my wife, because I had 1200-1500 in my mind.

But she told me, nowadays it would be very hard to find someone reliable, who does it for less than 2000 Baht.

But this depends on the circumstances (insurance valid or not, tax regularly paid etc.pp..).

You may wait 4-6 weeks for your book, because the agencies tend to collect some customers first.

Mityon gave back the 800 baht I paid them to do the title transfer

800 Baht is the fee for transferring a bike inside Chonburi province.

That is done within a day in Banglamung and "nothing", compared to transfer a "foreign" bike in Chonburi. (Three visits to the DLT)

I think, when the agency/mityon recognized, it was a foreign bike, they refused because of the effort.

I asked my wife, because I had 1200-1500 in my mind.

But she told me, nowadays it would be very hard to find someone reliable, who does it for less than 2000 Baht.

But this depends on the circumstances (insurance valid or not, tax regularly paid etc.pp..).

You may wait 4-6 weeks for your book, because the agencies tend to collect some customers first.

Insurance is valid and all taxes paid. I am having the ex-owner call the phuket honda dealer to see what they can do..I am thinking if I send them all the paperwork from the seller..with the numbers from the bike and my wifes thai i.d....they will be able to transfer it and mail me the book back..that is all more risk than what I want but the alternatives look bleak

I may be wrong....

Yes.

any transfers of registration or ownership must be done where the bike was initially purchased

wrong

I tried to do this in Pattaya, but was told by the Registry Dept in Pattaya out near the Regents school...

Foreign (province) bikes/cars => CHONBURI!

Banglamung only for Chonburi registered vehicles.

You seem pretty sure of the the fact they can do it from Pattaya/Chonburi.

I still maintain it has to be done where the initial rego was taken out as mine was and as I was told to do by the Transport Dept here in Pattaya/Chonburi.

When I took the bike to Bangkok and had the rego transferred to the wifes name for easier selling, they also informed me that the bike had to come to Bangkok to have the paperwork done and to have the engine and chassy/frame numbers read via sticky tape transfer to match with the original.

I would like the OP to let us all know what the outcome is.

I hate to repeat myself.

But, we (me and especially my wife) did it many, many times.

She does the service sometimes for friends, who bought a bike in a foreign province.

I was told to do by the Transport Dept here in Pattaya/Chonburi.

What now?....Where exactly? DLT Pattaya or Chonburi? They are two completely different DLT's

1. If you only want to transfer the book into you name, but not the bike to another province, you have to go to the DLT, where the bike is currently registered.

2. If you want to transfer the "foreign" book and the bike to the Chonburi province you have to go to the DLT CHONBURI.

You can't do in Pattaya/Banglamung

bike had to come to Bangkok to have the paperwork done and to have the engine and chassy/frame numbers read via sticky tape transfer to match with the original.

You always have to show the bike to control frame/engine no, if want to transfer something....except you work for an agency and/or know the DLT staff...... In this case, the masking tape with numbers will be accepted, without showing the bike. whistling.gif

But I am out now. Everything else only via PM!

At this point the task of getting my motorbike and plates seems to be a huge hassle. My attorney recommends going to Phuket with the seller to change green book..cancelling Phuket plate and applying in Chonburi for a new plate. I will probably try and return the bike..this process seems absurd but I have yet to find a somewhat simple way to do this.

I hate to repeat myself.

But, we (me and especially my wife) did it many, many times.

She does the service sometimes for friends, who bought a bike in a foreign province.

I was told to do by the Transport Dept here in Pattaya/Chonburi.

What now?....Where exactly? DLT Pattaya or Chonburi? They are two completely different DLT's

1. If you only want to transfer the book into you name, but not the bike to another province, you have to go to the DLT, where the bike is currently registered.

2. If you want to transfer the "foreign" book and the bike to the Chonburi province you have to go to the DLT CHONBURI.

You can't do in Pattaya/Banglamung

bike had to come to Bangkok to have the paperwork done and to have the engine and chassy/frame numbers read via sticky tape transfer to match with the original.

You always have to show the bike to control frame/engine no, if want to transfer something....except you work for an agency and/or know the DLT staff...... In this case, the masking tape with numbers will be accepted, without showing the bike. whistling.gif

But I am out now. Everything else only via PM!

I just sold my bike. Bike and book had to go to Bangkok where it was purchased, so as it could be transferred to the new owner. Would not do in the office out near the Regent School where they check regos and vehicles and do the driving tests.