Need Some Help In Transferring Title(Green Book) On My Motorbike

ericg1953

I live in Pattaya and recently bought a Honda PCX from my friends wife. I was aware the motorbike was brought to Pattaya from Phuket, where it was purchased. I went with the seller to the Honda dealer(Mityon) to get the paperwork done to transfer the motorbike to my name. That was 1 month ago. I went to pick up the green book today and they told me they couldnt help me. I would have to go to either Phuket or Chonburi..somewhere near the university to get the title transferred. If anyone can suggest a the proper way to do this I would really appreciate it. Fwiw..I have used Mityon before for title transfers on motorbikes and always easy and no problems.

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by ericg1953

they told me they couldnt help me. I would have to go to either Phuket or Chonburi.....

This is absolutely correct for Bikes from other Provinces.

Transfer of ownership + new plates (Chonburi) cannot be done in Banglamung.

But there are several shops/offices/agencies around, which can do the job in Chonburi.

Shouldn't cost much more than 1200-1500 Baht.

Edited by roban

they told me they couldnt help me. I would have to go to either Phuket or Chonburi.....

This is absolutely correct for Bikes from other Provinces.

Transfer of ownership + new plates (Chonburi) cannot be done in Banglamung.

But there are several shops/offices/agencies around, which can do the job in Chonburi.

Shouldn't cost much more than 1200-1500 Baht.

Thanks..are the places around that you mention in Pattaya or do I have to drive to Chonburi?

They are here in Pattaya.

On Sukhumvit West side, (direction to Chonburi) there is an office between Klang and North pattaya road.

They have a yellow "gear-wheel" as their shop/office logo.

I personally never used them, because my wife does these things for our bikes.

But I know a few people who were satisfied with their service.

Hi Roban. I'm in the process of transfering my cbr 150 from Korat to Chonburi (Pattaya.) You need to go to Chonburi DLT to do this. Here is a link to a thread of my experience to date.

I now have the green book in my name but I am still waiting for the new number plate.

Good luck!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/582912-transfer-ownership-third-owner/