Toyota Motor Sport 2012 In Chiang Mai

Hillside4Phil

Have been searching for information of what time the racing starts and finishes on Saturday and Sunday, I have the dates whis is this weekend but the news stories say that there is an offical opening at 3pm on Saturday that is all.

I went to the racing 18 months or so ago and I did enjoy the afternoon but night time racing would be interesting to see.

There was an old thread and apologise for starting a new one but the other one was 2011.

Below is a copy from Chiang Mai City News

CityNews– Toyota Motor Thailand will host a car racing event called ‘Toyota Motor Sport 2012’ from 20th – 21st October at 700 Anniversary Stadium.

On 18th September, at Chiang Mai Provincial Office, Rittipong Techapan, the deputy governor of Chiang Mai had a meeting with Toyota Motor Thailand about the event. It was agreed that this year there will be 49 cars competing in three categories including, Yaris One Make Race Class B, Vios One Make Race Class C, and Vios One Make Race Lady Cup.

Also, there will be many activities, performances and a night festival. The event is expected to draw in over 40,000 spectators. The official opening will be 21st October at 3 p.m.

Edited by Hillside4Phil

Definitely on and definitely night racing this time.

Worth going, especially if they have a few 'girl soap stars' driving again in the 'one make Lady Race'.....talk about bad driving! More like bumper cars, not sure they know where the brake pedal is!

re.

Below is a copy from Chiang Mai City News

CityNews– Toyota Motor Thailand will host a car racing event called ‘Toyota Motor Sport 2012’ from 20th – 21st October at 700 Anniversary Stadium.

On 18th September, at Chiang Mai Provincial Office, Rittipong Techapan, the deputy governor of Chiang Mai had a meeting with Toyota Motor Thailand about the event. It was agreed that this year there will be 49 cars competing in three categories including, Yaris One Make Race Class B, Vios One Make Race Class C, and Vios One Make Race Lady Cup.

Also, there will be many activities, performances and a night festival. The event is expected to draw in over 40,000 spectators. The official opening will be 21st October at 3 p.m.

wow thanks for that ... it always amazes me that thais often dont promote big things like this and sometimes you dont hear of it till afterwards

thnks for the heads up .... dave2

Definitely on and definitely night racing this time.

Worth going, especially if they have a few 'girl soap stars' driving again in the 'one make Lady Race'.....talk about bad driving! More like bumper cars, not sure they know where the brake pedal is!

I think you comments are out of place as they paid good money for their licenses, little more respect for the wanna-be-elites.