Car Parking

Neeranam

DMK and BKK parking are the same.........THB 50 per hour and THB 250 per day.

For a period of 14:00 until 20:00 the next day, I paid THB 500.

BTW..........parking facilities at DMK are so so........I don't know if there are more parking facilities, but the facilities on hand, 2 weeks ago weren't sufficient.

Why not leave your car at Tesco or some other shopping centre? Parking is free!

Would it really be wise to leave your car at Tesco for say two days? Surely it would be noticed by security. Is the parking free to anyone or just customers? I think the best way would be to drive into a hotel car park, point to your car, and give the security guy a few cans of beer from 7-11.
  • Like 1

Would it really be wise to leave your car at Tesco for say two days? Surely it would be noticed by security. Is the parking free to anyone or just customers? I think the best way would be to drive into a hotel car park, point to your car, and give the security guy a few cans of beer from 7-11.

Where's the Tesco at DM anyway?

I know when the skytrain first opened I drove to Bankok and parked my car at Tesco On Nut and had to pay 50Baht an hour for my 'free' parking.

Also I've seen signs in Carrefour before stating "no overnight parking" and have seen vehicles 'booted', presumably for violating that.

I also don't remember ever having parking problems at the old DM before but never left the car for a couple of weeks there like I do at Swampy.

• 3 weeks later...

I know when the skytrain first opened I drove to Bankok and parked my car at Tesco On Nut and had to pay 50Baht an hour for my 'free' parking.

Also I've seen signs in Carrefour before stating "no overnight parking" and have seen vehicles 'booted', presumably for violating that.

I also don't remember ever having parking problems at the old DM before but never left the car for a couple of weeks there like I do at Swampy.

Lotus Onnut is free parking for the 1st 3 hours. After that 50 Baht /hr

• 4 weeks later...

I have had friends leave their car in Tesco at night as their regular parking. Put the car in the back of the car park and nobody will care. It isn't like they worry too much about how people park when it is busy!

Nearest Tesco Lotus is just off the ExpressWay at Chaeng Wattana. As you come off the expressway turn right then keep left at the next junction. From there a taxi to DM will cost about B60.

parked my car at Don Muang airport for 4 days while down south the cost was nil. i wonder how long this is going to last

Was at DM on Sunday and inquired at the info desk about parking.

25 Baht an hour for 7 hours and then a daily charge of 250 Baht a day is incurred.

I asked if it's OK to leave a car for 2 weeks and was told yes.

Edited by LongTimeLurker