Hau Hin Beach Plot For Sale...advice Please

scorpio

i have a been offered a beach plot for sale, basically 3 metres by 5 metres between 2 major hotels. i have an issue regarding whether the government or police can take this plot / business off me even though it will be in my wifes name. does anyone know anything about these plots ?

the same guy has been selling them for years now. i dont know if they are making money or not, i only want to keep my wife in a job and give her / us a little money to get by without dipping into our savings.

please feel free to message me also if you do not want to post on an open forum.

thankyou

i have a been offered a beach plot for sale, basically 3 metres by 5 metres between 2 major hotels. i have an issue regarding whether the government or police can take this plot / business off me even though it will be in my wifes name. does anyone know anything about these plots ?

the same guy has been selling them for years now. i dont know if they are making money or not, i only want to keep my wife in a job and give her / us a little money to get by without dipping into our savings.

please feel free to message me also if you do not want to post on an open forum.

thankyou

I assume that your wife is going to open some sort of small business on a beach plot this size. As far as whether it can be taken from your wife or not later, that would depend on how it is held officially at the land office. If you are transferring a chanote from the current owner to her name at the land office then you should be ok. Without a legal transfer with chanote to your wife's name anything can happen.

Also, there are several kinds of chanotes. I don't know the details, but some of them are government land and only allow the purchaser to use the land as long as the government doesn't need it for their own purposes. All I know is that you want one with the red crest (government emblem) at the top of the document to be absolutely safe. Some have a green crest or a yellow crest and they may not be quite as safe.

sorry, i think the plot size is enough for around 30-40 sun longers and a small bar /food stall type thing. the plot will go into wifes name but i imagine it would not be a chanote as its on the beach and there is no way that the government will sell land on the beach ,

are these plots busy in hi season/low season ? or all year round. any other place in thailand i have seen these plots and they are usually busy depending on location. i like to sit n the beach all day eating and having a few beers so these plots i assume make a little money, probably more so than any small bar open in daytime ?

cheers

Edited by scorpio

sorry, i think the plot size is enough for around 30-40 sun longers and a small bar /food stall type thing. the plot will go into wifes name but i imagine it would not be a chanote as its on the beach and there is no way that the government will sell land on the beach ,

are these plots busy in hi season/low season ? or all year round. any other place in thailand i have seen these plots and they are usually busy depending on location. i like to sit n the beach all day eating and having a few beers so these plots i assume make a little money, probably more so than any small bar open in daytime ?

cheers

The first post says 3 by 5 metres making it big enough for a (very) small kitchen or bar. You then go on to say that it is big enough for 30 - 40 sun loungers which together with walkways would probably take up 60 square metres or 4 times the size that you have been offered.

I suggest that you do a bit more research because your numbers do not add up !

• Like 1

cheers

The first post says 3 by 5 metres making it big enough for a (very) small kitchen or bar. You then go on to say that it is big enough for 30 - 40 sun loungers which together with walkways would probably take up 60 square metres or 4 times the size that you have been offered.

cheers

just answer the question if youve nothing better to say !!! big deal i got my figures mixed up ( does it really matter ? ) i am talking about the basics here not nessesarilly the land size.

just answer the question if youve nothing better to say !!! big deal i got my figures mixed up ( does it really matter ? ) i am talking about the basics here not nessesarilly the land size.

Temper temper !

You ask for business advice but how can that be answered without the facts?

Ok - 15 square metres too small to be viable; 60 square metres a possibility.

Happy now?

• Like 1

As stated above, you cannot own it so I don't think anyone has the right to sell it to you. Maybe you should have your wife just check with the Tessabahn as to the rules of a business on the beach. You may be able to just move in and do it (squat) as the person trying to sell it certainly does not own it, or maybe there is a license you need and then just do it. Someone trying to sell government land to you sounds like a scam to me. The Brooklyn Bridge has been sold many times over... smile.png

As for the viability of a beach business like that, it depends on the specific location.

Temper temper !

Happy now?

@Sam11: Sounds like this "Scorpion" is true to its reputation: you reach him a helping hand and . . . . . bang . . . . . you've just been stung ! ! ! Nice chap; I reckon he'll do really well too with his future beach-lounging customers; just imagine the superb promotional value of his demeanor ?!?

Goes to show you: "One can lead a horse to the water, but one can't force it to drink" - This is one horse I wouldn't mind going INTO the water and never come out again (and I truly LOVE horses; normally !)

• Like 1

Scorpio, just chill a little bit and don't get angry because it wasn't a personal attack. People responding to you on this forum in all reality are ultimately trying to help you. If you want to go into business in Thailand, you need to do your research and ask tough questions and know the answers to tough questions.

From what you've said thus far, it does not sound legitimate. If you do not have a chanote (or one of the variations of the chanote) then you don't own a thing. Furthermore, if it is on the beach, yes it really does belong to the King. At best you may have some informal use, but it won't be permanent. Sounds like someone is selling you something that they don't own.

You say that it is on the beach and you don't think you will get a chanote. I want to know what it is that you are getting. Specifically, what note, exactly, is the seller supposedly giving you. If you say what it is we can do a little research on the law to see what rights you may have with the note, if any. If you flat out don't know what it is that you are buying then you should not be doing business inThailand period. I do not mean this to be an insult. I mean this as me being straightforward with you. If it were me, that would be the absolute first question I would ask. What title am I getting? From my perspective if you do not know the answer to the most basic question, you should not be in the business because the problems only get more complicated from there.

Temper temper !

Happy now?

@Sam11: Sounds like this "Scorpion" is true to its reputation: you reach him a helping hand and . . . . . bang . . . . . you've just been stung ! ! ! Nice chap; I reckon he'll do really well too with his future beach-lounging customers; just imagine the superb promotional value of his demeanor ?!?

Goes to show you: "One can lead a horse to the water, but one can't force it to drink" - This is one horse I wouldn't mind going INTO the water and never come out again (and I truly LOVE horses; normally !)

this chap talks like an old sheep,mutton its called,and the saying is YOU CANT EDUCATE MUTTON.

You ask for advice and then throw a hissy fit and spit out the dummy. You are being taken for a mug ! you may as well sit in a bar on the BintaBaht and throw 1000 Baht notes at the dogs. You are buying something the person cannot sell you.

I also notice you have failed to let us know exactly how much they want for this veritable gold mine ?

Walk, no run away from this deal as fast as you can.

Even my wife who was born miles from any beach knows that the King owns them

Edited by ThailandBert

Almost all tourist destinations in Thailand have businesses on the beach, just look at Phuket Pattaya Cha am, the beaches are covered in sun lounges, umbrellas with the 'owners' selling beers from a coolbox and they seem to do pretty well. Fact is ou wont receive any land title deed.

Edited by PattayaPhom

Almost all tourist destinations in Thailand have businesses on the beach, just look at Phuket Pattaya Cha am, the beaches are covered in sun lounges, umbrellas with the 'owners' selling beers from a coolbox and they seem to do pretty well. Fact is ou wont receive any land title deed.

I fully agree ! But you can bet there isn't a single one that is owned by a Farang that has paid a shed load of money to " Own " the said pitch thumbsup.gif

I fully agree ! But you can bet there isn't a single one that is owned by a Farang that has paid a shed load of money to " Own " the said pitch thumbsup.gif

OP clearly states it will be his wife not him

"just answer the question if youve nothing better to say !!! big deal i got my figures mixed up ( does it really matter ? ) i am talking about the basics here not nessesarilly the land size."

Yes it does matter. There is some difference between 5x3 metres and 50x30 metres for example. When seeking advice or info things like accurate numbers are important.

is it her brother selling the land?cheesy.gif

The next thing you will be telling me is the wife is buying it with her own money whistling.gif

Same same but different !

It is a scam and if the wife is pushing to go through with buying something you cannot own and they cannot sell i would be looking long and hard at the wife !

The next thing you will be telling me is the wife is buying it with her own money whistling.gif

Same same but different !

It is a scam and if the wife is pushing to go through with buying something you cannot own and they cannot sell i would be looking long and hard at the wife !

It probably will be with money from the OP, thing is for as long as I can remember sunlonges etc businesses have always been on the beaches in Thailand and the patrons always seem to make money......although working in real estate I have no idea how the system works for beach businesses, probably different in each area. Thing is, its not a scam, if the OP dosnt purchase another business minded Thai probably will and also go on to make a decent living. The Op should enquire at Tessabhan, or ask other vendors on that stretch of beach how the system works.

Pattaya Phom - At last some one with some sense on this thread. Where did the OP say he was BUYING the land ? He is buying the right to occupy a piece of the beach to sell drinks and food to tourists in an area designated by the Tessaban.

For a native English speaker, you are not very good in reading your own language. sad.png The OP clearly states the plot is for SALE!!whistling.gif

We will have to agree to disagree in this one Soi 41 as I am aware of the legalities re these beach plots and I see it as he is buying the rights to a plot to sell alcohol etc. Not actually get any chanote or buying the beach. A bit like buying a bar for say 1.5 mill, you don't buy the building or land. Just my take on it.

Pattaya Phom - At last some one with some sense on this thread. Where did the OP say he was BUYING the land ? He is buying the right to occupy a piece of the beach to sell drinks and food to tourists in an area designated by the Tessaban.

i have a been offered a beach plot for sale,

ERRRR here !

No mention of lease or the right to use the plot just a purchase ? and how can you lease something from someone who doesn't own it nor can in the first place ?

Unless the person selling it is the King then he is getting ripped off.