Prepare For Flight Delays And Traffic On Sunday

I thought you guys should know that there will be flight delays at samui airport on sunday, I know this from 2 sources one lady from my tax office here on samui just had a meeting in nathon and was informed that the head departments from various government agencies are here on samui from suratthani and said they expect our favorite person to land on samui sunday to start a meeting, the second one was a thai guy from suratthani who works for suratthani government and informed us he just had arrived last night and there was a big meeting on sunday here on samui with the prime miniister as far as he knows.

also from what I've heard there should be 1,000 police officers to be on samui to ensure everything goes well.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am sure the hotel will be Samui Palm Beach in Bophut as traffic cones have been set up for a day or 2 already for about 100m both sides of the main road. Same with the School of Tourism where the meeting is taking place. The police have set up their fancy tented HQ complete with gas cooker and pots and pans opposite the school. A few big signs up with a pic of Miss. Popularity gleaming a smile are to be seen around the island too.

Am sure the hotel will be Samui Palm Beach in Bophut as traffic cones have been set up for a day or 2 already for about 100m both sides of the main road. Same with the School of Tourism where the meeting is taking place. The police have set up their fancy tented HQ complete with gas cooker and pots and pans opposite the school. A few big signs up with a pic of Miss. Popularity gleaming a smile are to be seen around the island too.

That would be a good bet (with the Royal Wing). It's where some of the princesses come and stay for some R & R.

I have a great picture in my head from your "The police have set up their fancy tented HQ complete with gas cooker and pots and pans".

I only hope that my car behaves - my mechanic is opposite the SOT.

That would be a good bet (with the Royal Wing). It's where some of the princesses come and stay for some R & R.

I have a great picture in my head from your "The police have set up their fancy tented HQ complete with gas cooker and pots and pans".

I only hope that my car behaves - my mechanic is opposite the SOT.

All confirmed, other hotels are also used, incl. Nora Buri, biggest meeting is Sunday, most others check out Monday.....

Samui Island, or Koh Samui, in the southern province of Surat Thani will be the venue for the next mobile Cabinet meeting, the seventh of its kind under the Yingluck Shinawatra administration.

The meeting is scheduled for 21-22 October at International School of Tourism, which is part of Surat Thani Rajabhat University.

Which is owned by the ever-popular Bangkok Airways . . .

R

R

I would think that Miss Popularity will arrive with TG though.....

R

No, she will come with boat from Donsak after a meeting in Surat.

R

Cabinet policy was to only fly Thai. That is how OMID managed to get TG on the island in the first place. whistling.gif

R

As much as the many smug Farangs seem not to like her, enough Thai people, and whose country it is liked her enough to elect her as PM thumbsup.gif

I think it is called Democracy !

Something we in the West only seem to like when the person we want to win wins ! whistling.gif

• Like 2

R

As much as the many smug Farangs seem not to like her, enough Thai people, and whose country it is liked her enough to elect her as PM thumbsup.gif

Something we in the West only seem to like when the person we want to win wins ! whistling.gif

What makes you think I don't like her ?

R

The naivity of your post suggests you haven't lived here for very long

granted nearly 10 years isn't long is it. What has living here for a long time got to do with how Thai's elect their government. What has it got to do with either me or you ?

Well then perhaps you should know better. It starts with very poor people being given certain incentives.

granted nearly 10 years isn't long is it. What has living here for a long time got to do with how Thai's elect their government. What has it got to do with either me or you ?

Well then perhaps you should know better. It starts with very poor people being given certain incentives.

or with the last one it was the the rich getting the incentives ?

And you call me naive !

As said the one you don't like was democratically elected. the fact you don't agree with it makes not a bit of difference.

The bunch in office here are no different to the thieving corrupt lot of politicians back in the UK. Labour used social security benefits ( people in Issan and poor ) as a method of getting people to vote for them. The other lot like the last lot here used the rich / big business to get elected by giving them tax breaks and favours!

It is called politics and has been going on for decades !

I don't get involved with politics here because I can't do or change anything

But when it comes down to it I would rather the very poor were given favours than the already very rich but that is just me.

• Like 1

or with the last one it was the the rich getting the incentives ?

And you call me naive !

As said the one you don't like was democratically elected. the fact you don't agree with it makes not a bit of difference.

The bunch in office here are no different to the thieving corrupt lot of politicians back in the UK. Labour used social security benefits ( people in Issan and poor ) as a method of getting people to vote for them. The other lot like the last lot here used the rich / big business to get elected by giving them tax breaks and favours!

It is called politics and has been going on for decades !

I don't get involved with politics here because I can't do or change anything

But when it comes down to it I would rather the very poor were given favours than the already very rich but that is just me.

Have you had a bad day Bert? And how do you know whether i like Yingluck or not? You seem to be jumping to conclusions today without knowing the facts.

anyway, carry on.

What does the political discussion have to do with this topic?

AHHH isn't the PM coming here to Samui making that a political discussion ?

Just a thought but seems I am wrong ?

I simply pointed out that she was popular enough to get elected !

No, you were informing all of us that we don't like the PM for some reason best known to youself or atleast that how your posr #14 read to me.

i actually like the PM and would not turn down the oppotunity to take her out to dinner fyismile.png

Edited by carmine

I have had the wife make up the master bedroom and light an incense stick just in case. She is most welcome to stay here away from the crowds if she wants. Anyone know why the need to move around the country to hold these meetings ? doesn't seem the brightest of plans no matter which way you look at it.

Have we to expect lots of those silly hand clapper thingys that were popular a while back when they were all arguing ?

best stock up on the beer for the weekend then.

Anyone else notice it has dropped in price ?

bargain !

Sadly due to an oversight I am sure she hasn't replied to the email offering the room sad.png

I even made a spag bols as well Ah well. maybe next time she heads this way.

The good news is I noticed today that the 4 pack of Chang is down from 106 to 91 Baht a pack ! Just for the PM's visit ? blink.png

I didn't realise Yingluck drank Chang !whistling.gif