Where To Stay?

makavelli

Hi people

I am looking to book a hotel for me and the wife (who is Thai) to stay 4 nights in Bangkok, we r looking for a nice hotel (4or5 star) which is near the action, anyone got any recommendations?

I have been looking at the Dusit Thani bangkok, I know this hotel is near Patpong. We have never stayed in Bangkok because we normally just head straight down to Pattaya so i have no idea where is busy to go out drinking and partying.

I know people will reply and say dont stay in bkk just head straight down to Pattaya. The wife wants to go and do some tourist stuff in Bangkok so thats why we r staying 4 days before we head down to the wonderful world of Pattaya.

So any help would be much appreciated cause I know ###### all about Bangkok cause personally I cant stand the place!

Cheers lads.

Dusit Thani is a great hotel and is located just off Silom Road which is considered the main business/premier district of Bangkok.

The location is spot on with a good view of Lumpini Park and is almost on top of both the Skytrain and underground rail systems.(Sala-deng Stations)..can go anywhere...

If your wife is into...dare I say shopping then she will love it...there are millions ......

Should you on the otherhand wish a refreshment or 3 there are loads of nice bars around including a couple of paddy pubs and a wee Angrit one a few minutes walk from the hotel. (toby jug)

Pat pong is located on the other side of Silom but is now only a bit of a seedy dump and unless you want to buy a handbag...you can easily avoid going anywhere near it...too many other fun things to do in LOS.... :o

Hi people

I am looking to book a hotel for me and the wife (who is Thai) to stay 4 nights in Bangkok, we r looking for a nice hotel (4or5 star) which is near the action, anyone got any recommendations?

Cheers lads.

Do a Google search on the LANDMARK HOTEL on Sukhumvit. This hotel is close to the NANA Skytrain stop that you can use to get around Bangkok. There are lots of restaurants and shops in this area too!

If you want to avoid some of the bars on and around the Sukhumvit area, Google up the ASIA HOTEL. The Asia Hotel is right on a Skytrain stop. Probably not as high brow as the Landmark but good enough. About a 10 minute walk to New Phetchaburi Road where you will find lots of shops and restaurants.

Good Luck.