Opinions On Fitness First?

phuturatica

Does anyone use Fitness First? I am thinking of enrolling as my current gym is very basic and I want some classes and maybe some personal training sessions.

Is it worth the money or quite expensive with it being a multi-national company?! Any reviews or suggestions for others would be welcome.

Basically I am looking for a place which is not too far from Dusit/Victory Monument or anywhere on the BTS line as I don't mind travelling from work. Nearest Fitnes First to me in Central Pin Klao.

Depends what your looking for. In my opinion FF is more geared towards cardio/light lifting. True Fitness is a bit better stocked at least from what ive seen. The FF in Terminal 21 is micro, maybe 20 machines and a very small weight area all for the same price of a massive 2 floor gym.

Id recommend viewing them and usually they will also offer free trials so you can make sure your ok with signing away roughly 1800B a month for they next year or so.

Does anyone use Fitness First? I am thinking of enrolling as my current gym is very basic and I want some classes and maybe some personal training sessions.

Is it worth the money or quite expensive with it being a multi-national company?! Any reviews or suggestions for others would be welcome.

Basically I am looking for a place which is not too far from Dusit/Victory Monument or anywhere on the BTS line as I don't mind travelling from work. Nearest Fitnes First to me in Central Pin Klao.

Expensive. Have to sign 3-4 months or a 1 year contract. Treadmills usually occupied after 6 pm. Free training sessions a waste of time. Trainers quite expensive for private sessions.

IIRC, monthly installments for True Fitness work out at close to 2,000 a month. I paid for a year upfront 18,000.

They will do 6 months but I think it weighs in at around 15,000.

It's a big gym with lots of good quality machines but it does get busy between 5.30 and 8.30. Expect many of the Thais to take 10 minutes between sets while they ponce about on their smartphones

• Like 1

IIRC, monthly installments for True Fitness work out at close to 2,000 a month. I paid for a year upfront 18,000.

They will do 6 months but I think it weighs in at around 15,000.

It's a big gym with lots of good quality machines but it does get busy between 5.30 and 8.30. Expect many of the Thais to take 10 minutes between sets

while they ponce about on their smartphones

Cheers for the info, it doesn't work out to be parciaularly cheap at 2,500bht per month for the 6month deal but slightly better at 1,500baht per month for the annual deal. However it does look like a quality gym from what I've seen.

Sounds much like Cali Wow, before all the profits were syphoned off to Phuket...whistling.gif

Edited by mooro_uk