Recommendation For Medical Certificate Required For Work Permit

metice

Can anyone recommend a hospital or clinic that knows exactly what is required for a work permit renewal medical? I believe the certificate needs to show that you are free from certain diseases. Not really interested in the Bangkok hospital or any others that view it as an opportunity to relieve you of more money than necessary!

Thanks

Apparently, the labor department does not ask to see blood test paperwork. You only give them the paper that says you are free of all stated diseases with doc's signature. Is this something that Dr Chusak might be able to provide?

If you are referring to a general bai raprong phaet, the place I have always gone is on Yaowarat Road in Samkong, just south of Tops Daily. I believe it costs 50 baht. If you still have a pulse you'll get one there in minutes...

Thanks for the Chusak recommendation. I popped in this morning and it took him about 2 mins to issue a certificate! He knew exactly what was required.

which makes you guys using chusak no worse than anyone else scamming the system,the medical is for your safety,and that of others. syphilis and other STDs a is a problem in phuket,which is part of the check. it is ok when it suits you to abuse the system,but when it happens against you,you are the first ones to winge. chusak should be arrested. well done. are you afraid they will actually find something,or do you just want to save a few baht.

Thanks for the Chusak recommendation. I popped in this morning and it took him about 2 mins to issue a certificate! He knew exactly what was required.

which makes you guys using chusak no worse than anyone else scamming the system,the medical is for your safety,and that of others. syphilis and other STDs a is a problem in phuket,which is part of the check. it is ok when it suits you to abuse the system,but when it happens against you,you are the first ones to winge. chusak should be arrested. well done. are you afraid they will actually find something,or do you just want to save a few baht.

Sorry BOBBYTIN, I didn't realise you had an STD. Of course you should go to a hospital or clinic to get a proper check-up. In the meantime I still highly recommend Dr. Chusak for his expertise and diligence, he's been my doctor for 8+ years now so I won't be whingeing or asking for him to be arrested. I recommend you use a contraceptive next time you BOBBYTIN. thumbsup.gif

I understand the sypillis blood test is required to renew WP but maybe it is subjectively applied, like everything else- odd that AIDS or hepititus are not.

Incidentally, perhaps this is the rreason, syphilis is the most common STD to be transmitted to men from women.

I understand the sypillis blood test is required to renew WP but maybe it is subjectively applied, like everything else- odd that AIDS or hepititus are not.

Incidentally, perhaps this is the rreason, syphilis is the most common STD to be transmitted to men from women.

the voice of reason.

Sorry BOBBYTIN, I didn't realise you had an STD. Of course you should go to a hospital or clinic to get a proper check-up. In the meantime I still highly recommend Dr. Chusak for his expertise and diligence, he's been my doctor for 8+ years now so I won't be whingeing or asking for him to be arrested. I recommend you use a contraceptive next time you BOBBYTIN. thumbsup.gif

well obviously you are special needs,so i will make this simple,the medical is for safety of you and others,you cannot get a medical in 1 minute. no,i dont have STD as i do get a full blood check up every year a real one.

well obviously you are special needs,so i will make this simple,the medical is for safety of you and others,you cannot get a medical in 1 minute. no,i dont have STD as i do get a full blood check up every year a real one.

I get very extensive blood test every year as well. But the Thai medical certificate is pretty much a joke. Isn't elephantiasis one of the diseases that you should be "tested" for? Also TB. You need a chest X-ray and multiple blood tests for that. Dr. Kusack has been a wonderful doctor over the years helping many people.

the whole point is,it is for your own safety,and that of others,making a mockery of the system.

From all my years here,there is a difference between a full medical checkup that you would get at BPH or Phuket International and a "medical certificate". I've never received a "medical certificate" from a full checkup, which you would think you would as SOP if this piece of paper was important. Instead you get a full report about the state of your health.

Actually I think listening to the lungs is sufficient to say someone is not shedding pathogens via respiration but I agree, the docs who looks at you and passes the paper is not fulfilling his duties. Seems fairly typical , too.

I asked the nurse at the " Five Star " hospital why hepatitus wasn'tt checked for, she said it isn't sexually transmitted.

Yeah.

La La Land