Mri - Where In Pattaya Area At Good Price?

Tiger7Moth

I need to get an MRI and have document from Doctor from Bangkok Hospital. Bangkok Hospital (the one in Bangkok, not Bangkok-Pattaya) charges a huge "falang premium". They wanted to charge me 18,000 baht - when I infomed them I have previously had an MRI in Bangkok for 9,000 baht, they dropped the premium to 15,000 baht. I said, "no, thanks".

Anyway, any info about where I can get an MRI done in the Pattaya area for a reasonable price would be greatly appreciated. biggrin.png

Try SriRacha - phone and ask for Gavin

Wouldn't bank on him giving the best price around. I e-mailed him a few months back about a vasectomy and he quoted 25k. Someone on here reported having the same op done for 9k at Pattaya Memorial.

Try SriRacha - phone and ask for Gavin

Wouldn't bank on him giving the best price around. I e-mailed him a few months back about a vasectomy and he quoted 25k. Someone on here reported having the same op done for 9k at Pattaya Memorial.

Yea but they use sharp knives in PayaTai

CT Procedures and Costs:

Brain: 9,000 baht

Chest: 9,000 baht

Colon: 12,000 baht

Heart: 14,000 baht

abbomen: 14,000 (whole)

Note: If contrast media is recommended: 2,400 baht

MRI Procedures and costs:

Brain: 10,000 baht

Shoulder: 10,000 baht

knee: 10,000 baht

Hip: 10,000 baht

Lowerspine: 10,000 baht

Whole spine: 25,000 baht (3 parts)

Note: If contrast media is recommended 3,000 baht

Phyathai Sriracha Hospital

90 Srirachanakorn 3rd Rd

Sriracha Chonburi 20110

Tel:66 (0)38 770200-8 Ext: 2426

Fax:66 (0)38 770227

Direct line:66 (0)89 7500293

www.phyathai-sriracha.com

I was quoted 400,000 Baht to remove a cancer from my prostate !

They are going to have to wait a while , me thinks.

Where was that quote from and for what type of operation

I had my prostate remove in Bumrangrad BKK for 420000 baht 3 years ago

The original quote was for 380000 Baht but i have blood problems that is why there where extras to the bill

If you want to fool around with a public hospital you can possibly get an MRI at Queen Sawang Wadhana Memorial Hospital in Sriricha, Chonburi Hospital (regional hsp) in Chonburi, or Queen Sirikit Naval Hospital in Sattahip. Maybe somebody here knows. If so, it'd surely be cheaper.

"They wanted to charge me 18,000 baht - when I infomed them I have previously had an MRI in Bangkok for 9,000 baht, they dropped the premium to 15,000 baht. I said, "no, thanks".

Why dont you just go back to the place in Bangkok that charged 9000 Baht?

And why not name it, so that others might benefit?

• 3 weeks later...

"They wanted to charge me 18,000 baht - when I infomed them I have previously had an MRI in Bangkok for 9,000 baht, they dropped the premium to 15,000 baht. I said, "no, thanks".

I had the MRI for 9,000 baht 7 years ago and have forgotten the name of the place. It was a facility that just did MRIs and was located near JJ market. I would have gone back there when I was in BKK if I had a better memory. w00t.gif

If you want to fool around with a public hospital you can possibly get an MRI at Queen Sawang Wadhana Memorial Hospital in Sriricha, Chonburi Hospital (regional hsp) in Chonburi, or Queen Sirikit Naval Hospital in Sattahip. Maybe somebody here knows. If so, it'd surely be cheaper.

I probably should go to Queen Sirikit Naval Hospital in Sattahip - I imagine they would have an MRI. I was hoping for a place more convenient since I will have to use public transport.

I had the MRI for 9,000 baht 7 years ago and have forgotten the name of the place. It was a facility that just did MRIs and was located near JJ market. I would have gone back there when I was in BKK if I had a better memory. w00t.gif

I went to that place many years ago--it's a radiological center. And I've also forgotten the name & exact location, dammit.