Where Will My Car Washed Without Pressure Washer...

lottidotti

I'm lost. I've don't recall ever using a car wash which didn't use a pressure washer. I'm used to a routine where they first spray the front of the car and windshield with some kind of bug solvent. They use a simple garden sprayer for that. After that soaks for awhile while waiting in line, they do the same areas plus the wheels with a pressure washer. Then the car goes through the wash building with all of the brushes, etc.

I own a gas engine powered pressure washer and clean my engines, motorcycles etc. with it. It has 4 different tips which go from soft spray like a coin op car wash to a really powerful spray. It also has a soap pickup tube for mixing into the spray.

Maybe they aren't using a spray that's "full blast" with it? In any event, I've never seen anything damaged by it.

$.02

What's wrong with a pressure washer? Just close the doors biggrin.png and keep 50cm distance...

That's outrageous. :) I'd worry about anything electrical or electronic. ??

I get away with murder with my pressure washer though. I wash motorcycles, lawnmower, etc. and never hurt anything.

Off topic, but my leaf blower is really the favorite. I use it to clean the inside of my rigs. I just open all doors and rather than vacuum, blow the carpets, seats, doors, dash - you name it. It has the long spout so I reach across and blow everything out the opposite doors. It will do a far better job of getting into all of the cracks, under the seats etc. than a vacuum and a damp towel. It works wonders on the dash including the pesky air condition vents. It's also what I use to dry anything I've washed with the pressure washer. Just like a big car wash, it simply blows the water off including out of all of the cracks. Try it on a scooter.