Asia's Archaic Sex Work Laws

webfact

I was told the Aussies were waiting all set up in the bars long before the Yanks got to Pattaya.

Nobody cuts our grass.

I had some mates organise a prostitute for me on my bucks night a few years back. I just couldn't bring myself to touch it, that thought of what she did was a huge turn off for me. It didn't go to waste tho, 1/2 dozen very drunk mates lined to have thier way with it. I must say I to think of them as dirty.

They are human beings as well you know in case you have not noticed.

Bank robbery should be legal, Banks screw more people than the worldwide population of hooekrs anyway.

True but not the sort you would have any relationship with.

Whats wrong with a sexual relationship ?

The oldest profession cannot be wrong.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Particularly in Thailand since there are no laws are on the books for men who like to get off and make babies are hunted down and forced to pay financal support..coffee1.gif

There are international laws re child support.

As for a hooker hunting the father down, how will she know who he is amongst her many customers? Does she have all their names and contact details, etc?

Even if she could narrow it to a few clients, how is she going to prove to a guy it's his baby? A DNA test would prove it, but this must be done after the child is born.

Until shen she has no grounds to get any financial support from him, as he has no proof the child is his.

During the early months of pregnancy, at least, she has the option to abort. If not in Thailand, elsewhere where it is legal.

Even after a DNA test proving a guy is the father, from what i've read he is by law only looking at child support payments of about 6000 baht ($200 US) a month.

However many Thai prostitutes make very good money by Thai standards, in some cases more than their farang "johns". So i wonder if even international law would require they make any payments in such cases.

They make more than most english teachers.

I don't really think abortion is the topic but I would imagine abortion reaches across all sectors of the Thai population from the lowest of low to the highest of high. I would imagine both normal and abnormal Thai women get abortions. Abortion may be frowned on but it is readily available.

Then you have a vivid imagination.

Thais take abortion very very seriously, as they will not only be punished for killing the baby in future lifetimes, but will be haunted for the rest of this lifetime by its ghost.

Regular ceremonies, both at the temple and in the house are required to keep it happy, giving it toys and nam daeng, praying to/for it almost daily for years and years afterwards.

It's not a casual thing like back home, in my experience even more so than western catholics.

For those in need of such services, yes they are technically illegal but TIT, the clinic on the second floor subsidized by K Mechai's Condoms & Cabbages Suk Soi 12 has a very good reputation.

For those guys here that are sure they don't want kids, they will tie your tubes for free as well, followup visit and tests as well.

Kudos to Mr Condom for helping Thailand become a safer and more enlightened place.

PS I can't believe the tangents on this thread, pretty darn funny.

I don't really think abortion is the topic but I would imagine abortion reaches across all sectors of the Thai population from the lowest of low to the highest of high. I would imagine both normal and abnormal Thai women get abortions. Abortion may be frowned on but it is readily available.

Then you have a vivid imagination.

Thais take abortion very very seriously, as they will not only be punished for killing the baby in future lifetimes, but will be haunted for the rest of this lifetime by its ghost.

Regular ceremonies, both at the temple and in the house are required to keep it happy, giving it toys and nam daeng, praying to/for it almost daily for years and years afterwards.

It's not a casual thing like back home, in my experience even more so than western catholics.

For those in need of such services, yes they are technically illegal but TIT, the clinic on the second floor subsidized by K Mechai's Condoms & Cabbages Suk Soi 12 has a very good reputation.

For those guys here that are sure they don't want kids, they will tie your tubes for free as well, followup visit and tests as well.

Kudos to Mr Condom for helping Thailand become a safer and more enlightened place.

PS I can't believe the tangents on this thread, pretty darn funny.

I don't have an imagination at all. 400,000 abortions a year. http://www.time.com/...2032414,00.html

400,000 abortions a year. http://www.time.com/...2032414,00.html

From the article:

"Though abortion is still illegal in Thailand, there are exceptions in cases of rape, incest, a threat to the mother's physical or psychological health or if the mother is underage. Nonetheless, according to Professor Kamheang Chaturachinda, president of the Women's Health and Reproductive Rights Foundation of Thailand, some estimates say 300,000 to 400,000 abortions are performed each year in the nation of 67 million people, and because most are performed in illicit circumstances, they are unsafe, he says."

So if a Thai girl says she was raped, whether she was or not, she can get an abortion in Thailand?

If so, it sounds quite easy to get an abortion in Thailand.

How will the clinic or hospital know if she is lying about her claim of being raped?

If rape statistics come from abortion related incidents, their accuracy could then be questionable.

Edited by oldthaihand99

400,000 abortions a year. http://www.time.com/...2032414,00.html

From the article:

"Though abortion is still illegal in Thailand, there are exceptions in cases of rape, incest, a threat to the mother's physical or psychological health or if the mother is underage. Nonetheless, according to Professor Kamheang Chaturachinda, president of the Women's Health and Reproductive Rights Foundation of Thailand, some estimates say 300,000 to 400,000 abortions are performed each year in the nation of 67 million people, and because most are performed in illicit circumstances, they are unsafe, he says."

So if a Thai girl says she was raped, whether she was or not, she can get an abortion in Thailand?

If so, it sounds quite easy to get an abortion in Thailand.

How will the clinic or hospital know if she is lying about her claim of being raped?

If rape statistics come from abortion related incidents, their accuracy could then be questionable.

And your point is? What rape statistics are you talking about?