Well-Known Baht Bus Pick-Pocket Gang Arrested On Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Well-known Baht Bus pick-pocket gang arrested on Pattaya Beach

steal-13.jpg

PATTAYA:--Three suspected members of a Baht Bus pickpocket gang were arrested by Pattaya Police on Wednesday afternoon. The alarm was raised by an American citizen, Mr. Malcolm M. Bashi aged 68 who realized he had been the victim of the pickpocketing suspects.

Luckily for him, the three suspects, who had been arrested many times and had just been released from Prison were under Police surveillance and their arrest was swift as Police were watching events unfold close-by. The incident occurred outside the Pattaya City Walk Complex on Pattaya Beach Road but the gang had been followed since they entered the rear of the Baht Bus on Jomtien Second Road in front of the Grand Jomtien Condo. The three suspects and the American victim were taken to Pattaya Police Station where Mr. Bashi’s stolen wallet was recovered along with its contents, including 4,820 Baht and 372 US Dollars.

Mr. Bashi claimed there was an additional 1,100 US Dollars unaccounted for which led Police to conduct body searches and a search of the surrounding area. 6 One Hundred Dollar Bills were found underneath a sofa in the room of the Deputy Superintendent, who conducted the initial round of questioning. They had allegedly been placed there by the male suspect Khun Banchar aged 26.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/64480/well-known-baht-bus-pick-pocket-gang-arrested-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-10-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Mr. Bashi claimed there was an additional 1,100 US Dollars unaccounted for which led Police to conduct body searches and a search of the surrounding area. 6 One Hundred Dollar Bills were found underneath a sofa in the room of the Deputy Superintendent, who conducted the initial round of questioning. They had allegedly been placed there by the male suspect Khun Banchar aged 26.

How was the suspect planning to pick them up later from the room of the Deputy Super? :unsure:

How was the suspect planning to pick them up later from the room of the Deputy Super? unsure.png

The suspect was leaving a tip, tea money.
  • Like 1

If you're on a CROWDED baht bus and a group like that boards they will generally be carrying LARGE handbags. It might be cheaper just to get off the bus because they have skills.

handbags?? so how they use the large handbag for this robbery??

My thought. maybe they have whole in the side of this bag. they fold arms put one hand in bag to not look suspicious and this hand reaches through whole and search your pocket while you sit??

If you're on a CROWDED baht bus and a group like that boards they will generally be carrying LARGE handbags. It might be cheaper just to get off the bus because they have skills.

handbags?? so how they use the large handbag for this robbery??

My thought. maybe they have whole in the side of this bag. they fold arms put one hand in bag to not look suspicious and this hand reaches through whole and search your pocket while you sit??

What they do is place the bag between them and you when you are squashed together, then slide their hand underneath and rob your pockets unseen. Happened to me once, my phone was lifted before i cottoned on, grabbed her hand with the phone still in it! Pushed the bag onto the floor of the baht bus and glared at her. Two Thai guys opposite had a right go at her, pressed the buzzer and kicked her off the bus, then apologised to me and said how ashamed they were! Very decent of them i thought, i was quite touched to be honest.. I say her, it was a ladyboy as is usually the case with these incidents.
  • Like 2

How was the suspect planning to pick them up later from the room of the Deputy Super? unsure.png

Apparently he was trying to ditch the evidence, not planning for his retirement.

Why carry that amount of cash, especially in any tourist area....

Maybe because it's extremely expensive to be a tourist on beach road/Walking street? biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png Or maybe just because he has more money than you? coffee1.gif

Edited by julemanden
  • Like 1

I was on a baht bus on second road when a woman with big bag got on and sat next to me with her bag over my lap. At my stop I could not stand up and when I looked down, her hand came out of my pocket and she dropped my wallet on the seat. No police around and did not know what to do with her so she got away but it changed how I carried my wallet and what I kept in it. The photo looks a lot like her.

I had an atempted robery by an attempted pickpocket at the big market near the bus station in Bk. i was on my way home to Essan from Scotland & had more than £30K in a bag over my kneck & shoulder. ( I mean 30K English!) More the fool me perhaps but it was the best way to bring money to my Thai account at the time. However, Back to the story. My wife & I were killing time waiting for our bus & wandering through the market when a group of young guys made a block between me & the Mrs. It didn't look like a set up to the uneducated since they apeared to be just browsing like us but I've got some experience in life & I was on my guard. I spotted 2 lookouts, 3 diversionarys & 1 fat old bitch with her hand in my pocket. The pocket contained only a metal ciggarette box. Her hand was grabed & my instincts kicked in. I put her to the floor by her wrist while keeping my eye on the lookouts & being prepared for what might happen next. I made enough fuss for everyone to see but with lots of crying from the bitch in hand & more screams from the lookouts, "Farang Mau mau mak!!!!" as well as nobody willing to help left me with little choice apart from leaving her with a very sore arm & a hasty retreat. If only they knew what I had in my bag, I might not be here to tell this tale. Still.....I didn't lose my ciggy's! I was trained to always be aware of the unexpected. Think about that theory folks. It could save your life one day.

Apart from that I love Thailand with all my heart & in the 3 years I've lived here I can count on 1 hand the times where I've felt threatend. Wish I could say the same about a Saturday night out in Glasgow!

I had an atempted robery by an attempted pickpocket at the big market near the bus station in Bk. i was on my way home to Essan from Scotland & had more than £30K in a bag over my kneck & shoulder. ( I mean 30K English!) More the fool me perhaps but it was the best way to bring money to my Thai account at the time. However, Back to the story. My wife & I were killing time waiting for our bus & wandering through the market when a group of young guys made a block between me & the Mrs. It didn't look like a set up to the uneducated since they apeared to be just browsing like us but I've got some experience in life & I was on my guard. I spotted 2 lookouts, 3 diversionarys & 1 fat old bitch with her hand in my pocket. The pocket contained only a metal ciggarette box. Her hand was grabed & my instincts kicked in. I put her to the floor by her wrist while keeping my eye on the lookouts & being prepared for what might happen next. I made enough fuss for everyone to see but with lots of crying from the bitch in hand & more screams from the lookouts, "Farang Mau mau mak!!!!" as well as nobody willing to help left me with little choice apart from leaving her with a very sore arm & a hasty retreat. If only they knew what I had in my bag, I might not be here to tell this tale. Still.....I didn't lose my ciggy's! I was trained to always be aware of the unexpected. Think about that theory folks. It could save your life one day.

Apart from that I love Thailand with all my heart & in the 3 years I've lived here I can count on 1 hand the times where I've felt threatend. Wish I could say the same about a Saturday night out in Glasgow!

I meet you the other night in a bar your James Bond right?

excellent points ...glad it worked out well for u .....lol wouldnt it be great if somehow these scumbags realised what u had and consequently what they missed out on ...they would have a session on the sam song ...get depressed and hopefully kill themselves ....ooooohhhhh i hear the handwringers coming ...cheers mate

Anytime you see one of these broads get on a baht bus with a big floppy purse, get your guard up. I cannot think of any reason for any chick to carry around a floppy purse.

I am still waiting for a report of one of these thieves getting unceremoniously kicked off the baht bus and falling square on her face.

• Like 2