What Is The Mystery 1.2L Honda?

thaicruze

Is this it?

honda-brio-sedan-rear-theophilus1-950x510.jpg

honda-brio-sedan-front-theophilus1-950x548.jpg

If that's it, then they just took my Honda City from 2005 and renamed it the BRIO. Then made a Civic and called the the NEW City, then took the Civic and made another City with a bigger engine, but ECO mode.

This lineup is very confusing.

If that's it, then they just took my Honda City from 2005 and renamed it the BRIO. Then made a Civic and called the the NEW City, then took the Civic and made another City with a bigger engine, but ECO mode.

This lineup is very confusing.

To me it looks more like a Brio with a boot on it.

I hope they dump that beige/brown interior too, and make something more competitive with the swift.

I think the problem isn't simply with the colour, it's with the awful quality hard hollow plastics.

Unfortunately I agree with that too....it should have been priced about 550K and made more upmarket - better design, interior, no cost cutting. I think I've seen more mirages on the road in the short time its been out compared to the brio!

Yes. it's the 2005 City I bought.

23874970002_large.jpg

On what criteria? It also has four doors and four wheels?

It's the same car.

Same stuff.

Feels exactly the same inside

Same vtec engine

Probably the same 7 speed CVT.

No airbags. All plastic.

It's the same car basically.

There's a running Honda AD in Thai newspapers with all their models, then a blacked out silhouette of what they call a "mystery 1.2L" car. What's that?

honda-thailand-brio-sedan-630x376.jpg

This Brio Sedan opens up another option to would-be Nissan Almera buyers..

The Almera is a big car. The Brio Sedan is a 2005 City.

I owned a City for almost 6 years. When I sat and checked the Brio it was exactly my 2005 City. Only the dash and some things looked different. Other than that, it was exactly the same car. Same hollow plastics. Same crappy welds. Same everything. Opened the hood, it was identical.

There's a running Honda AD in Thai newspapers with all their models, then a blacked out silhouette of what they call a "mystery 1.2L" car. What's that?

honda-thailand-brio-sedan-630x376.jpg

This Brio Sedan opens up another option to would-be Nissan Almera buyers..

The Almera is a big car. The Brio Sedan is a 2005 City.

But engine capacity for both is the same..Power to weight ratio?Brio should win hands down..not to mention economy as well..

The city has a 1.5 engine, the blacked out car a 1.2,

specs?

VEHICLE SUMMARY

• Name: Brio Sedan
  • Model:
  • Car Body Type: Sedan
  • Segment: C Segment
  • Warranty: NA

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS

• Displacement: 1198cc, i-VTEC
  • Engine Type: Petrol
  • Maximum Power: 89 Bhp @ 6200 rpm
  • Maximum Torque: 110 Nm @ 4800 rpm

OTHER SPECIFICATIONS

• Seating Capacity: 5
  • Tyre Size: 0
  • Suspension: McPherson Struts
  • Steering: Power
  • Brakes: Front Disk, Rear Drum
  • Gears: 5 Manual

post-19376-0-38384800-1351266774_thumb.j

post-19376-0-95025500-1351266785_thumb.j

Yes. it's the 2005 City I bought.

23874970002_large.jpg

On what criteria? It also has four doors and four wheels?

It's the same car.

Same stuff.

Feels exactly the same inside

Same vtec engine

Probably the same 7 speed CVT.

No airbags. All plastic.

It's the same car basically.

WOW. YOU HAVE SAT IN THE MYSTERY CAR ALREADY ....:blink:

Umm it was a 6 speed auto not 7 speed. Dumb arse.

sent from my ..................#

Edited by thaicbr

Honda Thailand Say’s Brio Sedan is Coming Soon (Posted October 17, 2012)

Honda-Brio.jpg

Honda Brio is powered by 1.2 liter engine, which currently operates the Honda Jazz

BANGKOK – Ever since 2011s natural disasters, which struck Japan and Thailand on two different occasions leading to overnight disruption of Honda’s well-being in the international market, the automaker has keep everything very low key and quiet. But the long silence only hints at a bigger comeback. And the first of chapter in Honda’s comeback will begin next month as the Japanese automaker is planning to unveil for the first time the all-new Brio-based sedan in Thailand.

Honda Thailand has also gone ahead and teased the upcoming sedan on their official website. The snap shows five Honda cars that are currently being sold in the country, plus a silhouette of an upcoming model – that has 1.2-litre engraved on it. The 1.2-litre is a dead give away that the said car will be powered by the same petrol i-VTEC engine that currently powers the Brio hatch.

More here - Chiangraitimes

Honda Brio Sedan on Honda's cards for 2013

325_honda_brio_sedan.jpg

Honda Brio Sedan is on the cards for Honda's next major launch since Honda is feeling the heat among the competitors that will be based on the Honda Brio platform and is expected to be launched in 2013. Honda is also silently working on a 1.2L i-DTEC diesel engine for the Honda Brio and the Honda Jazz hatches will also be likely to power the Honda Brio Sedan.

Honda Brio Sedan will be powered by the same 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol engine which produces 88 BHP o... Read more

....the City ZX design. Probably the ugliest.

OT. I am not a car designer by profession but it seems to me by observation that when car companies have a sedan/saloon and a hatchback version of the same car one of the two variants ends up ugly. Case in point the original Jazz and the City mentioned. OR the Mazda 2 where the hatch looks OK but the waist line on the saloon kicks the rear up visually. Same goes for Fiesta. Hatch Ok Saloon ugly. Ok I understand sharing of components but....

In contrast Mazda 3 seems to work in both versions.

Edited by VocalNeal

Case in point the original Jazz and the City mentioned.

Seem to recall in the case of those cars though, the City came out quite a while before the Jazz and whilst the underpinnings may have been similar, the exterior designs were in no way related. I assume they started in terms of design from scratch with the Jazz, which is why it looked so good.

I think problems arise in terms of looks when almost as an afterthought, they simply bolt on a boot to a hatch to make a saloon, or cut off a boot from a saloon to make a hatch.

OT. I am not a car designer by profession but it seems to me by observation that when car companies have a sedan/saloon and a hatchback version of the same car one of the two variants ends up ugly. Case in point the original Jazz and the City mentioned. OR the Mazda 2 where the hatch looks OK but the waist line on the saloon kicks the rear up visually. Same goes for Fiesta. Hatch Ok Saloon ugly. Ok I understand sharing of components but....

Bit off topic but the present Mazda 3 is a bit odd, the All new 3 looks better and in keeping with the other Mazda range.. 3, 6 and CX range 5, 7, 9

post-42643-0-08785400-1351312076_thumb.j

Edited by ignis

It is true. Asians have differnt views than Europeans. Im my homecountry Switzerland, you see very rare to find a vios (Witz) or evn any Honda. They prefere european cars, which have very nice design now. For example Renault, Citroen, Seat, VW, all with nice deisngs. Japanese cars are good but very ugly in my opinion. It look tyo me: What for Europens looks nice, is ugly for Asians and the oppisite way. Similar with the housing marked overhere. Look all those Mo Baans and Shop houses: Everyone have the same Townhouse, they look all the same. Almost every City here in LOS looks the same overhere. In Europe none build the same house as the neighbor. But that's the way it is overhere. More ugly, more they like it, doesn't matter, so longest as a Toyota or Honda badge is on it.

Saw a Honda Jazz in the local Big C over the weekend, was 539,000B for an Auto model and looked a lot smaller that a standard Jazz. Either the Jazz is smaller than I remember or they were including the 1st car rebate in the advertised price.

Probably the latter, but honestly, it looked the same size as the Mitsubishi Mirage it was sat next to.