Gas Bbq

petercallen

We bought bought a Masport gas BBQ 3 burner from The BBQ shop at homeworks opposite Central i have been checking them out for a while and think the price was reasonable for Thailand where they are considered a luxury item

It cost 18500 baht reduced from 21500 baht and the gas bottle cost 2300 baht

Its a lot better price than i have seen elsewhere and its made in New Zealand

A small independent shop near the down escalator on the first floor

We bought bought a Masport gas BBQ 3 burner from The BBQ shop at homeworks opposite Central i have been checking them out for a while and think the price was reasonable for Thailand where they are considered a luxury item

Have they got cheaper gas BBQ's there, 3 burner to big for me, been looking for a decent BBQ and have always liked gas.

A place I rode by, but didn't stop is called the BBQ shop and it is on the left-hand side on the road from Heroine's Monument to Cherng Talay. It's full of gas fired BBQs.

Anyone seen it?

I will be going that way tomorrow so I will stop and have a look, providing they are open of course, approx how far down from the roundabout?

Edited by dogpoo

A place I rode by, but didn't stop is called the BBQ shop and it is on the left-hand side on the road from Heroine's Monument to Cherng Talay. It's full of gas fired BBQs.

Anyone seen it?

This place ?

http://www.bbqthai.com/

Yup, looks like the place, according to their map.

The thee burner is 21,500 Bt, though, there is an unspecified discount.

Edited by KarenBravo

Anyone seen it?

We had a look there quite awhile back and they are very expensive

actually put me of buying a BBQ at the time

Edited by petercallen

Anyone seen it?

I will be going that way tomorrow so I will stop and have a look, providing they are open of course, approx how far down from the roundabout?

Sorry, you must have edited after I read your post.

How far from the roundabout? About half-way to Cherng Talay. If you keep an eye out on the left side of the road, you can't miss it.

Anyone seen it?

This place ?

http://www.bbqthai.com/

Yup, looks like the place, according to their map.

The thee burner is 21,500 Bt, though, there is an unspecified discount.

They have a 3 burner with no hood for 16500 baht in the shop we bought ours from

Anyone seen it?

Sorry, you must have edited after I read your post.

How far from the roundabout? About half-way to Cherng Talay. If you keep an eye out on the left side of the road, you can't miss it.

Cheers for that, will go for a look see!

I have been looking too. The shop PeterC is talking about, you can see here http://www.thaibbqgrill.com/index.html

There is also this place http://bbqthai.com/index.htm in Bang Thao.

Its the lifestyle 3 we bought for 18500 baht but they did not give us a cover, price on the web site 23500 baht

That included assembly and delivery

Edited by petercallen

Have they got cheaper gas BBQ's there, 3 burner to big for me, been looking for a decent BBQ and have always liked gas.

From previous experience the 3 burn is best each burner has its own control

If you want to use the grill you use one burner, if using the hotplate one burner,

if using both use three burners which keeps the heat even

Edited by petercallen

Is there anywhere to get apple, cherry, mesquite, or hickory chips in Phuket? Or, is there a local alternative for a good smoky hardwood?

Try Mango tree chips, i cut down a Mango tree for our neighbor and a pizza restaurant came and collected the wood

They also took the wood from a fruit tree in our garden, i do not know what type but when the fruit was ripe they were the same size as tennis balls and yellow

Any type of fruit tree should be OK

Is there anywhere to get apple, cherry, mesquite, or hickory chips in Phuket? Or, is there a local alternative for a good smoky hardwood?

True Value has various chips and BBQ accesories from the USA. Not the cheapest place but quality. It's in the homeworks complex.

True Value has various chips and BBQ accesories from the USA. Not the cheapest place but quality. It's in the homeworks complex.

If I'm not wrong, True Value in Homeworks closed down a while ago when they started renovations on the ground floor.

If I'm not wrong, True Value in Homeworks closed down a while ago when they started renovations on the ground floor.

They will have to drop there prices if they do return to compete with the BBQ shop on the first floor they had some of the most expensive BBQ i have seen

Mainly Webber brand from the USA

Edited by petercallen

On Viset, half way between Chalong and Rawai, near the trafficlights is a store called TRC (me thinks) they make everything in stainless steel including BBQ's.

You can tell them exactly the measurements and how many burners you want. Super quality and cheaper than the prices mentioned above..

On Viset, half way between Chalong and Rawai, near the trafficlights is a store called TRC (me thinks) they make everything in stainless steel including BBQ's.

You can tell them exactly the measurements and how many burners you want. Super quality and cheaper than the prices mentioned above..

That looks worth a visit. Thanks

http://phuket-stainless-kitchen.com/

We did not like the look of the BBQs here, way overpriced compared to OZ and NZ and they don't handle the salty air very well either. I found this guy, a genuine nice guy (although he does love to chat), the BBQ we got is top quality stainless steel and has survived 2 years here no problem so far!!

http://www.gasbbqtha....com/index.html

dam_n, those look nice and the price is right too.

We did not like the look of the BBQs here, way overpriced compared to OZ and NZ and they don't handle the salty air very well either. I found this guy, a genuine nice guy (although he does love to chat), the BBQ we got is top quality stainless steel and has survived 2 years here no problem so far!!

http://www.gasbbqtha....com/index.html

dam_n, those look nice and the price is right too.

yeah I have one too from him, same guy. great quality. I bought the SS Signature because my wife is a chef. We have cooked a lot lot lot of Aussie steaks on there.

He's got a new website under way also at http://gas-bbq-grill-thailand.com that seems to have better pics...

yeah I have one too from him, same guy. great quality. I bought the SS Signature because my wife is a chef. We have cooked a lot lot lot of Aussie steaks on there.

He's got a new website under way also at http://gas-bbq-grill-thailand.com that seems to have better pics...

Being an Aussie myself I have to ask what is an "Aussie Steak", Or should I be concerned you want to hunt me down and turn my rump into fillets ?

Edited by Spoonman