Clipped In Soi 4

goodtrip13

A close friend arrived from Hong Kong the other evening...

Straight to NANA where he was pre-booked via internet/credit card in the Woraburi.

On the way he decided to stop for a drink at NEP, but that was closed, so he went on to DYNASTY out the front. Bought a couple of drinks for a couple of girls hanging around there. And then they bought him a drink...

The next two days were a blur.

Lost - video i-pod, camera, approx US$2,000 via a number of ATM transactions.

However still alive and kicking, still has powerbook, still has passport, no transactions from credit cards, so it could have been MUCH WORSE.

Woraburi are not really helping.

Does anyone have any advice????

He admits that he was extremely stoooopid.

Otherwise, beware...

Thanks,

GT13

Straight to NANA where he was pre-booked via internet/credit card in the Woraburi.

On the way he decided to stop for a drink at NEP, but that was closed, so he went on to DYNASTY out the front. Bought a couple of drinks for a couple of girls hanging around there. And then they bought him a drink...

However still alive and kicking, still has powerbook, still has passport, no transactions from credit cards, so it could have been MUCH WORSE.

Otherwise, beware...

Thanks,

GT13

Recon he knows where he went wrong but could have been worse...one of the lessons in life...sorry :o

Assume he reported it to the fuzz....?

Recon he knows where he went wrong but could have been worse...one of the lessons in life...sorry :o

No mate, he hasn't reported it yet. He'd like to report it but doesn't want to waste time.

The Woraburi deny he even stayed there...

Can anyone recommend a good private investigator or someone to get advice from?

Cheers,

GT13

Edited by goodtrip13

This really sounds like the work of some of the katoeys that hang out around the entrance to Nana...

Is this a possibility??? :o

Hmm, why does it sound like the work of a katoey? Do females, or males for that matter, not pull tricks like this?

Based upon many observations, I think I can safely say that the katoeys outside Nana at and after closing time are MUCH more agreesive than the ladies.. Same applies to walking along Sukhumvit at closing time...

Stoneman

Recon he knows where he went wrong but could have been worse...one of the lessons in life...sorry :D

No mate, he hasn't reported it yet. He'd like to report it but doesn't want to waste time.

The Woraburi deny he even stayed there...

Can anyone recommend a good private investigator or someone to get advice from?

Cheers,

GT13

Report it to the police and get a report (only cost 10 baht).. or..........it never happened...simple as that...... :o

Otherwise, beware...

Thanks,

GT13

He went from the airport straight to the bar with all his bags???

He lost all that and he doesnt want to report it to the police????

Hmmmm

This really sounds like the work of some of the katoeys that hang out around the entrance to Nana...

Is this a possibility??? :o

Hmm, why does it sound like the work of a katoey? Do females, or males for that matter, not pull tricks like this?

This trick is more frequently pulled by kathoeys than by females and males. Guys and girls also does it, but less often.

• 3 weeks later...

It was I. I was drugged, taken back to the Woraburi, and robbed by two gals, a short, ugly, funny fast-talker, and a tall, very beautiful gal in conservative dress, little or no english, probably from the countryside. They spotted me leaving Nana and latched into me. I only had my one shoulder-bag and enough baht for three bottles of Singh at the Dynasty{one apiece}. When the little gal offered to buy me another, I shoulda gone running....they drugged the beer and somehow got me back to my room and entered, staying in the room with me for 1.25 days. The Woraburi claim I never had any lady visitors.

At first thought I was hit for a video iPod, camera, and US$ 125 in HK$. Neither my ATM card, credit cards, passport nor PowerBook were taken, which is why I initially felt very lucky.

Several days later I discovered online that my HSBC ATM card was hit 3 times on Feb 2 and 9 TIMES on Feb 3, effectively emptying my savings {but not my current} account. They had obviously 'borrowed' the card to make the withdrawls, but how they got the PIN code out of me I will NEVER know. That's the spookiest part of this whole episode.

Made a report at Lumpini Police Station. Nobody spoke any english. No help expected.

HSBC has yet to provide any info on the times and locations of the ATM withdrawls made with my card.

Anyway, Bangkok was a blast this time~! Great mid-winter get-away :-)

It was I. I was drugged, taken back to the Woraburi, and robbed by two gals, a short, ugly, funny fast-talker, and a tall, very beautiful gal in conservative dress, little or no english, probably from the countryside. They spotted me leaving Nana and latched into me. I only had my one shoulder-bag and enough baht for three bottles of Singh at the Dynasty{one apiece}. When the little gal offered to buy me another, I shoulda gone running....they drugged the beer and somehow got me back to my room and entered, staying in the room with me for 1.25 days. The Woraburi claim I never had any lady visitors.

At first thought I was hit for a video iPod, camera, and US$ 125 in HK$. Neither my ATM card, credit cards, passport nor PowerBook were taken, which is why I initially felt very lucky.

Several days later I discovered online that my HSBC ATM card was hit 3 times on Feb 2 and 9 TIMES on Feb 3, effectively emptying my savings {but not my current} account. They had obviously 'borrowed' the card to make the withdrawls, but how they got the PIN code out of me I will NEVER know. That's the spookiest part of this whole episode.

Made a report at Lumpini Police Station. Nobody spoke any english. No help expected.

HSBC has yet to provide any info on the times and locations of the ATM withdrawls made with my card.

Anyway, Bangkok was a blast this time~! Great mid-winter get-away :-)

Unlucky pal, but a saying comes to mind,

....if you play with fire, your gonna get burned :o

Edited by Rj 81