Corruption Police Phangan

Its probably an old issue and most of the same answers but i wanted to ask if there is a officiall adress to claim police scams? I understand that Thai Visa itself probably doesnt want to get involved with that hot topic. Though i am curious if there are more people out there which would be interested in a platform where it is possible to unite common interest in terms of police scams. I am not talking about tourist who get catched smoking but expats who do business and having problem with the open pockets of the islands police. At least there should be a facebook group, twitteraccount or anything related to be able to upload pictures and other evidence anonymiously to the net. There is a very handy app called qik which is able to send a live stream to your facebook wall in case you got into a situation where you would need some witnesses. Any feedback on this topic? Or useless? Here on koh phangan police seems to run short in money for the last time and is craving for money by penetrating businesses which are not related in crime at all. For sure the crime related businesses just pay and do business as usual. I heard so far that the tourist police is the right adress to give evidence if you already have a bunch of people who would witness against this way of police scams....

• Like 2

Forget the tourist police they are wrong

As for live information to my face book could be dangerous as one would like to be anonymous as to not attract trouble

Are you talking about a scam in particular or just general scams as a scam is a scam be it police or not and they should all be delt with one way or another

Also I do not put corruption in he same cat. As a scam even though there are similarities

Edited by BigC

Not sure it is directly linked to topic.

Is police allowed to control you in the street, find nothing bad, but come to your hotel/room and you HAVE TO let them in?

Just curious. I read this story somewhere.

BTW I never had any problem with the police... 1-2 times in the year they control me, seem to look for drug in a small dark street in chaweng...

Is police allowed to control you in the street, find nothing bad, but come to your hotel/room and you HAVE TO let them in?

BTW I never had any problem with the police... 1-2 times in the year they control me, seem to look for drug in a small dark street in chaweng...

Police need a warrant to search your car or your propriety

I am not sure how road blocks work

But those old bill looking for tea money on the high ways cannot search your car there again this us Thailand I am sure they can find a way round it

• Like 1

Police need a warrant to search your car or your propriety

I am not sure how road blocks work

But those old bill looking for tea money on the high ways cannot search your car there again this us Thailand I am sure they can find a way round it

Re the road blocks - I was driving down overnight from Bangkok to Samui. Hit a road block where the police wanted to search the car.

The 45 kilo German Shepherd in the back of the vehicle went ballistic when the BIB banged on the window.

No problem - waved on through. wink.png

• Like 1

make them nervous by posting pictures of them anonym? i find out a lot of dirty deals they are involved in... its probably not that difficult to make trouble for them, last years three police man have been sentenced to death for drug traffic...

i dont like this topic at all because there are as well police man outside doing heavy honest work, but they all take action only for money.

And a few of them behave like dogs, trying to find some food but to scared of real criminals...

I don't completely understand the meaning of this thread.

BTW The Royal Thai Police have corrupted officers everywhere, not only in KPG

no this is a pointless forum as full moon tonight so should be loads of people getting away with shit as usual funny how people don't come out and say. i just commited a crime and got away with it why the police not doing their job!

Thailand things are not straight forward and to expect things to run exactly like back home should foget it.

like one said they don't really move unless they get paid even then it is still not 100 per cent that they shall still move.

looking for justice can be diffiuclt through the police as for actuall scams i am dead against anyone preforming a scam be it police,, jet skis or time shares.

I just try to avoid them all. I mean what am i going to do take on the police, the jet ski mafia time share touts all on my own. i might aswell join Regan's stupid war against drugs. it cannot be won!!

Good idea, but I doubt it will work..? I just got 'hit' for the second time this month, and it really pisses me off, and leaves a bad taste. There was no justification on either occasion, and both times it was done in such a way, that I coughed up just to get on my way. I noted his name on both occasions, and considered taking a picture, but thought better of it..? Maybe it is time to move on..

Good idea, but I doubt it will work..? I just got 'hit' for the second time this month, and it really pisses me off, and leaves a bad taste. There was no justification on either occasion, and both times it was done in such a way, that I coughed up just to get on my way. I noted his name on both occasions, and considered taking a picture, but thought better of it..? Maybe it is time to move on..

what do you mean " got a hit" what for? what do u mean? were u doing nothing wrong? did u get hit?

Why did you get stopped...and why did you have to pay anything???...must be something

Why did you get stopped...and why did you have to pay anything???...must be something

Most likely no helmet or speeding or B/S.

Most likely no helmet or speeding or B/S.

If that is the case then of course a fine would need to be paid.

usually if it comes to drugs, there is a certain amount of money you have to pay to get rid of the local police. Because they assume everyone taking or selling drugs who is dealing with tourists they will look up all your businesses until you decide to pay them, especially because its not nice for tourist to have around this police all the time. I am not speaking about uniformed officers but guys which look like drug addicts themselves...

i am not willing to pay because first of all we dont do anything illegal. But there is another important point. Since the war on drugs made kpg the second priority after bkk there is a lot of police around here from the mainland and as well from bkk. In result its not easy for the local police to "protect" local criminals as they are surveyed themself. In my opinion this is the reason why tthings get out of control. They loose a lot of money because they loose power... so they will have to find new ways to find money to finance their gambling and drug addict childrens... so in result the pressure which comes from bkk has bad results, it does not mean less drugs but a fight between the local police, the local mafia and the police from outside...

Just my opinion but i don't think its for foreigners to be trying to sort out corruption in the BIB. You choose to live here then take the rough with the smooth and if any changes are to be made then thats down to Thai nationals to make them.

Toodle Pip

• Like 1

"drug addicts themselves"

"so they will have to find new ways to find money to finance their gambling and drug addict childrens"

Generalizations like the above aren't going to help your argument

Obviously you own a business that is in the vicinity of the FMP, takes advantage and generates a turn-over/profit from the FMP. Surely you had you eyes wide open going in to this, or am I generalising too much myself?

No i am a tourist

No the people running the business are aware of the local police problems, still its no reason not to adress these problems then.

Furthermore the situation changed a lot as this local police is loosing power as non-corrupted officers start to come to the islands. A working corrupted system would not be a problem to adopt to. But at the moment i would like to see some more BKK police here then all these locals fighting for their grounds. I think some publicity could change something as there is a strong will of the local government to attract different customers. They should go for it. I am not talking about expats doing businesses but thais who dont know how to use the internet to adress problems to the right persons.

Just my opinion but i don't think its for foreigners to be trying to sort out corruption in the BIB. You choose to live here then take the rough with the smooth and if any changes are to be made then thats down to Thai nationals to make them.

Toodle Pip

No i am a tourist

No the people running the business are aware of the local police problems, still its no reason not to adress these problems then.

Furthermore the situation changed a lot as this local police is loosing power as non-corrupted officers start to come to the islands. A working corrupted system would not be a problem to adopt to. But at the moment i would like to see some more BKK police here then all these locals fighting for their grounds. I think some publicity could change something as there is a strong will of the local government to attract different customers. They should go for it. I am not talking about expats doing businesses but thais who dont know how to use the internet to adress problems to the right persons.

Toodle Pip

i didn't say you were a tourist. I said you were not a Thai and in my view if you are not a thai passport holder it is not your business.

And as SBK says the police are not locals, they are transfered in

some of them seem to be able to stay over many years at one area though?

again, i am not talking about police in uniform, but civil ones which are paid to do gambling events, partys and all other grey businesses.

it doesnt matter if i am thai or not, but every person in the world should know their rights and possibility to stand up against corruption.

If someone doesnt know about electronic tools which are provided to the public and have the power to change governments like in the arab spring then i feel obliged to tell them how to use that. Again, the QIK App which is not illegal at all, and for free is able to stream movie data instantly to your facebook account. This means even if the recording phone or ipad gets destroyed or taken away from you the content will be saved online at your fb wall. Just in case someone didnt know that. Its usefull to witness any violation of human rights...

Thanks for your answers, really helpful. If someone is willing to work on this topic please pm me,

Are you trying to encourage People to get Killed. You either have to be Crazy or Suicidal to film the local Mafia/Police scamming. A mate from Samui was found to be in the posession of a small amout of Heroin. After 10 Days in Surat goal he got bail. When, after nearly a year, his time in Court was approaching and to sort it all out he Donated 100,000bt to the Police. So film the Police Corruption but dont be surprised if it all goes Pear shaped.

Are you trying to encourage People to get Killed. You either have to be Crazy or Suicidal to film the local Mafia/Police scamming. A mate from Samui was found to be in the posession of a small amout of Heroin. After 10 Days in Surat goal he got bail. When, after nearly a year, his time in Court was approaching and to sort it all out he Donated 100,000bt to the Police. So film the Police Corruption but dont be surprised if it all goes Pear shaped.

poor person being stuck on that gear hope your friend finds treatment lost allot of frineds through that shiit