New Bakery In Town

Simbo

Ye olde English bakery. Sukumvit end of soi potisan, near BKK/PATT hospital. Wonderful pies, bread, fruit cakes. Prices cheaper than most of the others, and the pies/pasties are bigger.

Hope thats some use to you. :o

Ye olde English bakery. Sukumvit end of soi potisan, near BKK/PATT hospital. Wonderful pies, bread, fruit cakes. Prices cheaper than most of the others, and the pies/pasties are bigger.

I was there yesterday...you're right, it's the best isn't it?

I was there yesterday...you're right, it's the best isn't it?

It's all good stuff, and handy enough for me. No good for my waistline though. :D

• 4 weeks later...

If I remember right it is wraped in plastic and has the company name on it.

I remember that I read where it came from, but a longer time ago so much alc might killed the respondsible cell already.....

I remember one product from "Bei Ottos" (I think they are in BKK, but maybe they are also in Pattaya) but not sure if that was the sausage or the bread or both.

And something "German ?????" Sure there was german writing on one product "Roggenbrot"

The white "Semmel" is not yet perfect, it cause a lot of farting (is that right in english), while the Roggenbrot is allowed to cause farting but does not......

If you like the bread, you must buy some german sausage and find the "Blauer Bock Apfelwein" which is basically a cider but german style (can be mixed with soda, should be served cold and must be drink in hugh amounts).......

My misses loves "Sauerkraut" which I try to avoid.....

Speaking of good bread - my favorite is the bread they have in Best and Friendship supermarkets. I'm sure they don't bake it themselves though, anyone know where it's made? I'd like to go and buy it fresh at the bakery!

I remember that I read where it came from, but a longer time ago so much alc might killed the respondsible cell already.....

I remember one product from "Bei Ottos" (I think they are in BKK, but maybe they are also in Pattaya) but not sure if that was the sausage or the bread or both.

And something "German ?????" Sure there was german writing on one product "Roggenbrot"

The white "Semmel" is not yet perfect, it cause a lot of farting (is that right in english), while the Roggenbrot is allowed to cause farting but does not......

If you like the bread, you must buy some german sausage and find the "Blauer Bock Apfelwein" which is basically a cider but german style (can be mixed with soda, should be served cold and must be drink in hugh amounts).......

Speaking of good bread - my favorite is the bread they have in Best and Friendship supermarkets. I'm sure they don't bake it themselves though, anyone know where it's made? I'd like to go and buy it fresh at the bakery!

Hmmm,

Kaisersemmel...if it makes you fart a lot, than there is a lot of Yeast involved, actually too much. It is a known practice in Bakeries to make the Product rise faster.

As for the Rye Bread (Roggen Brot) the Sour dough (SauerTeig) which is commonly used. that makes the Sour Taste and the Product rise and in fact digestible. must have been replaced to the Liquid (artificial) Form Sour dough ...thats why you didn't Fart...

rcm :o

Edited by rcm

Hmmm,

Kaisersemmel...if it makes you fart a lot, than there is a lot of Yeast involved, actually too much. It is a known practice in Bakeries to make the Product rise faster.

As for the Rye Bread (Roggen Brot) the Sour dough (SauerTeig) which is commonly used. that makes the Sour Taste and the Product rise and in fact digestible. must have been replaced to the Liquid (artificial) Form Sour dough ...thats why you didn't Fart...

yes thought the same, but didn't want to go into details!

Rye Bread withoutout fart is not original, only buy Roggenbrot with fart guarantee....

And it must badly stick on the theet :D

One top secrect pizza receipt contains durum wheat and rye, and let it stay for 2 hours with yeast.

you get a high pizza due to the strong durum, good sticky on the theets and good fart due to the long time with yeast.

Strange but till now I did not find many customer for this genious product....

h90 (masterdegree, BOKU, Food-a. Biotechnologie)

Hmmm,

yes thought the same, but didn't want to go into details!

Rye Bread withoutout fart is not original, only buy Roggenbrot with fart guarantee....

And it must badly stick on the theet :D

One top secrect pizza receipt contains durum wheat and rye, and let it stay for 2 hours with yeast.

you get a high pizza due to the strong durum, good sticky on the theets and good fart due to the long time with yeast.

Strange but till now I did not find many customer for this genious product....

h90 (masterdegree, BOKU, Food-a. Biotechnologie)

That would be a sales pitch " Old Farters Ryebread" Satisfaction Guaranteed.

The sticky on the teeth is an add on that usually comes with the "real" Sourdough and that keeps it nice and moist.

I believe the Pizza has a mixture of at least 50 %(or more) wheat Flour and 50 % Rye Flour (the fine one) this mixture gives you the sticky teeth and the hold for a high Pizza , So you need to add the Wheat Flour as Rye Flour doesn't contain Gluten and makes it more stable.

Enough of this farty stuff,

Prost,

rcm :D (former Baker & Confectioner....)

• 3 weeks later...

There's another new bakery just opened in Soi Siam Country Club. It's on the left side going out of town, about 200m after the railroad crossing. Big sign "BAKERY" outside. Very good French style bread. I think the owner is German but no rye/black bread was on display.