Are There Any Good Comedy Clubs In Bkk?

ThailandNeil

Proper establishments dedicated to English-speaking comics, none that I know of. That being said, there are comedy groups, organizations, collectives that have fairly regular meetings at different pubs and places such as "the punchline comedy club" and the "bangkok comedy collective" . just google "bangkok comedy".

2 different types of comedy club as far as I know:

1. Punchline comedy club. Imported comedians, very funny and talented people and highly improvised. Often at Imperial Queens Park but I think the venue changes a bit.

2. Bangkok Comedy Collective. Local (farang) comedians regurgitating jokes off the internet. Hardly improvised and a bit tasteless...wank mags, really?!

The first one is obviously a better night out!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually to my experience the Bangkok Comedy Collective nights are not just internet jokes, most of it is new and new everytime I've been, with a lot of improvisation and audience participation. Obvious Punchline are veteran professionals so I wouldn't expect that standard with everyone at an open mic, but some of the acts at The Londoner are as good as any.

• 4 weeks later...

The Royal Oak, Sukhumvit Soi 33/1, Bangkok (Nearest BTS Phrom Phong, exit 5).

K6_TY47YS3x.png

The Bangkok Comedy Collective and The Royal Oak are very proud to present their first stand-up comedy show together featuring headliner Jonathan Randall a regular of the New York scene, alongside local favourite Tristan Botly and host Chris Wegoda.

Jonathan Randall

Our international headliner for this show, Jonathan is a regular on the NYC comedy scene appearing nightly at a plethora of venues. He has also performed at clubs, collages, and events all across the world.

Jonathan has performed in The New York Underground Comedy Festival and was featured on ABC and Comedy Central for his part in the “Andy Kaufman Awards” during the first New York Comedy Festival.

So come and laugh with us for only 500 Baht per person with a beer on the house, special drink offers (also happy hour from 4-8pm) and 20% off food (last orders 8pm)!

• 1 month later...

• aoBbLNDTtqr.png
      Today

• UN6ghdQuhc6.png8:00pm until 10:30pm

[*]

APwQOhNef6K.png

The Londoner Brew Pub (Private Room), Sukhumvit Soi 33 on the corner and down the stairs - BTS Phrong Phong Station.

[*]

acBKJPTD7H-.png A very open mic comedy show along with The Bangkok Comedy Collective, just 200 baht for a 2 hour show, drink* and 20% off all food!

If you want to do stand up, improv, a skit, sing a song, mime or anything which relates to comedy, please email me at [email protected].

For all others, please just come along to enjoy what will be a great show, aiming to cultivate local Bangkok talent!

Doors open at 8pm.