Newcastle United

fcgprg

Well and truly beaten at Manchester City yesterday, I think it will be a struggle not to go down this season. I hope that I am wrong and we can just survive. The Europa cup does not help the situation either.

Defeat for QPR on Monday will secure their fate I think with only one spot left to play pass the parcel.

Villa I reckon for the drop....or managerless Mackems....now you would like that....!

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well and truly beaten at Manchester City yesterday, I think it will be a struggle not to go down this season. I hope that I am wrong and we can just survive. The Europa cup does not help the situation either.

Newcastle wont go down.

I think Reading are doomed. As are Sunderland.

And I think QPR have to much to do. But if Harry turns his magic on, then they could have a miracle escape. I think Stoke could get pulled into it.

I think Stoke could get pulled into it.

Oh I do hope so. Have you noticed when they are playing on the TV, no Television pundit ever says and "tonights entertainment is Stoke Vs....." cos they sure ain't entertainers.

Yes they are very one dimensional, dirty side and boring as f####.

Sent me to sleep last night, literally.

The reason I think they will get dragged into it, is that I think Pulis has took them as far as he can..... nothing more to give. They are now too predictable, and they appear to be an unhappy team.

Newcastle wont go down.

And I think QPR have to much to do. But if Harry turns his magic on, then they could have a miracle escape. I think Stoke could get pulled into it.

I am glad everyone is a bit more optimistic than what I am. I just think that the Europa cup is a big problem for us . We are not playing well and the extra games and travelling do not help. After the Benfica game on Thursday we have Fulham away on Sunday then Benfica at home on the 11th then Sunderland at home on the 14th which will be a massive game ,even more so if Di Cannot gets the job at Sunderland, why would they think he could save them with his authoritarian form of management.

Newcastle wont go down.

I am glad everyone is a bit more optimistic than what I am. I just think that the Europa cup is a big problem for us . We are not playing well and the extra games and travelling do not help. After the Benfica game on Thursday we have Fulham away on Sunday then Benfica at home on the 11th then Sunderland at home on the 14th which will be a massive game ,even more so if Di Cannot gets the job at Sunderland, why would they think he could save them with his authoritarian form of management.

What authoritarian form of management?

Newcastle wont go down.

What authoritarian form of management?

It as to be his way or not at all. He is eccentric and I don't think premiership player's will put up with his antics.

At Swindon he substituted the goalkeeper in one match and called him one of the worst players he had ever seen in a football match.

Within weeks of taking over at Swindon he got in a melee with striker Leon Clarke and made sure the player left the club.

He sacked the club captain after he had just led the club to promotion from Div 2 and accused the scot of having a bad attitude.

He finished by raiding his office at midnight after he had left the club to retrieve personal mementos .Damage was caused and Swindon changed the locks. One of the players said yesterday Di Canio did plenty more things but they were kept quite ,describing his reign at the club a proper Dictatorship. Players had to be home by 1 pm after training on a Thursday and were fined if they were seen anywhere

else other than at the club or training between then and Match day. That will not work at Sunderland .

It as to be his way or not at all. He is eccentric and I don't think premiership player's will put up with his antics.

At Swindon he substituted the goalkeeper in one match and called him one of the worst players he had ever seen in a football match.

Within weeks of taking over at Swindon he got in a melee with striker Leon Clarke and made sure the player left the club.

He sacked the club captain after he had just led the club to promotion from Div 2 and accused the scot of having a bad attitude.

He finished by raiding his office at midnight after he had left the club to retrieve personal mementos .Damage was caused and Swindon changed the locks. One of the players said yesterday Di Canio did plenty more things but they were kept quite ,describing his reign at the club a proper Dictatorship. Players had to be home by 1 pm after training on a Thursday and were fined if they were seen anywhere

else other than at the club or training between then and Match day. That will not work at Sunderland .

He is certainly eccentric, but I think that if they are professional, they'll love playing for him. Leon Clarke was an idiot. He put on a big show to engineer a transfer. I know he retrieved his personal belongings when no one was there, but I'm not aware of damage, It was reported as if he smashed the place up. I'm sure he'll have some public fallings out, and some bruised mega-egos, but I think he'll have the team playing well. I'd rather have him than Pardew anyway.

He is certainly eccentric, but I think that if they are professional, they'll love playing for him. Leon Clarke was an idiot. He put on a big show to engineer a transfer. I know he retrieved his personal belongings when no one was there, but I'm not aware of damage, It was reported as if he smashed the place up. I'm sure he'll have some public fallings out, and some bruised mega-egos, but I think he'll have the team playing well. I'd rather have him than Pardew anyway.
You might be right we will wait and see ,If he tries to implement the stay at home policy before matches and as the Swindon player said a Dictator he will fail . lets hope he gets it wrong when they play us 3-1 to NUFC.

A hard fought match against Fulham lucky to get the win with a superb Cisse goal well into time added on. Benfica on Thursday which we could have done without ,then slumber land on Sunday which we have to win (3-1) I think we need another 6 pts to be safe . It will be good when this season is over for us it as not been a good one .

fcgprg, on 09 Apr 2013 - 09:00, said:

A hard fought match against Fulham lucky to get the win with a superb Cisse goal well into time added on. Benfica on Thursday which we could have done without ,then slumber land on Sunday which we have to win (3-1) I think we need another 6 pts to be safe . It will be good when this season is over for us it as not been a good one .

The derby has gotta be the game of the coming weekend. A win for Newcastle and they are all but safe and the Mackems are all but down (not quite). A win for Sunderlando and it's looking grim in the Northeast either way.

I can feel the tension 11,000 clicks away!

PS Not looking forward to the last game of the season (Toon v Gunners). 4-4 again anyone? Hope it's not critical to either of us by thensmile.png

Commiserations fcprg. Great game for the neutral. Howard Webb played a blinder (I'll bet that when Di Cannio was whispering in his ear at the end he said "Collina would have been proud of your game today") but unfortunately the lovely Sian Massey was ... well just blind!

But the better team on the day won easily in the end.

Hope you don't work in the North East. If so, time to take a sicky on Monday bah.gif

Commiserations fcprg. Great game for the neutral. Howard Webb played a blinder (I'll bet that when Di Cannio was whispering in his ear at the end he said "Collina would have been proud of your game today") but unfortunately the lovely Sian Massey was ... well just blind!

Hope you don't work in the North East. If so, time to take a sicky on Monday bah.gif

A Bad day we were well beaten all credit to Di Canio he really had them fired up for the game . It should have been even more .All the idiots let us down after in the city centre. One even trying to punch a police horse

A Bad day we were well beaten all credit to Di Canio he really had them fired up for the game . It should have been even more .All the idiots let us down after in the city centre. One even trying to punch a police horse

why pick on a horse when there were 11 donkeys to go at in the home changing room,about time newcastle had a ground closure or a points deduction,this is not a one off,its everytime they lose a important game thier fans wreck the place,sad losers

why pick on a horse when there were 11 donkeys to go at in the home changing room,about time newcastle had a ground closure or a points deduction,this is not a one off,its everytime they lose a important game thier fans wreck the place,sad losers

Their was more than 11 donkeys in that dressing room after that game,.Ban every one who can be identified for life. That is what the club will do. I am glad to see that the idiot who punched the horse as not been released on bail. At least their is one judge in the uk with a bit of common sense.

Someone suggested on another forum that the thugs should also have to report to a police station every time the Toon play for the next year. Sounds good to me - no live games, no TV, not Internet, no radio.

Someone suggested on another forum that the thugs should also have to report to a police station every time the Toon play for the next year. Sounds good to me - no live games, no TV, not Internet, no radio.

I agree with that and all the identified thugs should be sent to prison for 12 months then have to report to police on their release. After watching the clips its a bad time to be a NUFC fan .I cant say anything else no excuses they are just morons.

There is not a lot to say after that display. Liverpool played well and slowly took us to pieces.it will be touch and go now if we stay up the players do not look up to it to me ,lets hope I am wrong. We need one more win but I just do not see it coming.

There is not a lot to say after that display. Liverpool played well and slowly took us to pieces.it will be touch and go now if we stay up the players do not look up to it to me ,lets hope I am wrong. We need one more win but I just do not see it coming.

Maybe Carroll and Nolan will take pity on you next week. I doubt Allardyce will though.

Yeah bet everyone feels like a number!!!! , but 4 once they cant say they aint got no money. here's 2 Till it shines !!! and i'm sure it will biggrin.png

It looks like the club is in free fall at the moment ,I have doubts about the commitment of the players to get us out of this . The papers are saying the dressing room is split ,and guess what the club and pardew is saying everything is fine .

It looks like the club is in free fall at the moment ,I have doubts about the commitment of the players to get us out of this . The papers are saying the dressing room is split ,and guess what the club and pardew is saying everything is fine .

This will be a tough game today against former manager Sam Allardyce,s team who include two ex toon players in Kevin Nolan and Andy Carroll who if we do not go down hopefully will be back in black and white next season.

After a disastrous last month with 4 defeats in 6 games including a 0-6 reverse to Liverpool and the 0-3 hammering by must I say it Sunderland we could do with a bit of luck today Our record over the last few visits are quite good with 3 wins out of the last five so lets hope for the best. A win would make us safe with QPR away next week and a final game against Arsenal.

Wasn't a bad day today, ruined only by a not too exciting football game.. Both teams seemed to have left their shooting boots at home, but Newcastle were a million times better than last week.

And btw, I sit dead in line with the northern goal line, and I think Reid cleared it before it crossed the line.

Wasn't a bad day today, ruined only by a not too exciting football game.. Both teams seemed to have left their shooting boots at home, but Newcastle were a million times better than last week.

And btw, I sit dead in line with the northern goal line, and I think Reid cleared it before it crossed the line.

Not a good game but 1 pt is better than none .The only down side is Wigan won at WBA . It was not a goal the lad did well to clear it before it fully crossed the line .

Still in the mix.

Where do I buy my ticket for the last game?

Aint got six bellies but I can bloody well sing! biggrin.png

As long as you can sing that's all that matters .I would not think there will be any tickets left for the Arsenal match .Lets hope we do not need to win it.

Not a good game but 1 pt is better than none .The only down side is Wigan won at WBA . It was not a goal the lad did well to clear it before it fully crossed the line .

I looked at the table after and hadn't realised Newcastle and Sunderland were still in it so deep. Much as I admire the football Wigan have been playing, I see them in the same light as QPR and Reading and would prefer that they go down instead.

Archived