Anyway To Get To Ko Samet Without Having To Do Like A 3.5 Hour Car/bus Ride?

FuninPlural

Check this out. http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/koh-samet-pier-to-close-nov-1-17724

I also saw something on the thai news. Apparently they plan to close the old pier before having the new one completed....

You should be able to make it in less than 2hours from bangkok without exceeding the speed limit much. Just go early am. (7:00)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

The pier (on Ko Samet) may be closed but the ferries will still run. The article rported on TV said you will be transferred offshore into smaller boats to get to the shore.

Probably not a great idea to go there in heavy seas!

I'm not that familiar with ocean talk, what the "heavy seas" mean? Is it curently "heavy seas" season, or is that like a time of day? Please let me know. If I did make the trip I'd be going around Nov. 11, 12, 13 with the idea being to be at Ko Smet and also visit nearby beaches.

Unless you are staying in one of the higher end resorts Kho Samet is filthy and not a great destination. You can fly to Krabi in less time than it takes to get to Samet and have a much more enjoyable time. If I were you I would look to the better areas in the South.

The area I'd be staying is referred to as Leam Mae Phim supposedly. I just think that Ko Samet is the most recognizable place nearby, so that's why I name it. I'd be staying in a 2 Bedroom Condo in Klaeng.

As far as Krabi, any specific recommendation of a place there that I can take a quick plane to and then not have to deal with a complicated commute after I land.

Also, the search function shows me that Krabi is more likely more dangerous than Ko Samet.

The area I'd be staying is referred to as Leam Mae Phim supposedly. I just think that Ko Samet is the most recognizable place nearby, so that's why I name it. I'd be staying in a 2 Bedroom Condo in Klaeng.

As far as Krabi, any specific recommendation of a place there that I can take a quick plane to and then not have to deal with a complicated commute after I land.

Also, the search function shows me that Krabi is more likely more dangerous than Ko Samet.

Mae Pim and Koh Samet are not one in the same. As someone stated, mini- van to Ban Phe. Taxi or Baht bus the rest of the way. If you are actually in Klaeng it is about 5 kilometers from Ban Phe.

Lae Mae Phim/Klaeng is another 40 minutes or so further on than the pier for Koh Samed (Ban Phe), nowhere near it really.

If you are coming from the airport, a taxi could get to Klaeng in about 2.5 hours (it takes me 1hr 45 minutes to Ban Phe (near Koh Samed) from inner Bangkok). Minivans from the airport will go to Ban Phe and then onto Klaeng etc...but may be alot slower as they often stop at

Rayong bus station etc.Unless you are driving a car yourself or going direct from airport via taxi, you are looking at at least 3 hours to Klaeng from Bangkok. No other way around it sorry....

Unless you are staying in one of the higher end resorts Kho Samet is filthy and not a great destination. You can fly to Krabi in less time than it takes to get to Samet and have a much more enjoyable time. If I were you I would look to the better areas in the South.

I must stay in the higher end resorts.

I think (and thank) you guys for narrowing things down for me. I think I am just going to buy a flight to either Phuket or somewhere similar (remember, I'm trying to avoid too many modes of transport being involved. A plane to a ferry, regardless of whether is Phuket or elsewhere would be best.). I kind of want a base location from which I can def. visit at least one other beach.

It would be so much easier if this were simply a trip where I could just be interested in picking up hookers. Instead its meant to be a short 2-3 day couples getaway

came to revive this is I think I'm doing the Phuket thing. No one refuted my Krabi concerns. Any particular spot activities you'd recommend in Bangkok? Also, weather.com says thunderstorms will be there during the days which I was thinking of traveling there Nov. 10-12. How realistic is this thunderstorm threat?