Cheats, Thugs Will Not Be Tolerated, Governor Assures Phuket Honorary Consuls

webfact

Cheats, thugs will not be tolerated, Governor assures Phuket honorary consuls

Phuket Gazette

ch.jpeg

Governor Maitri (right) met the 12 honorary consuls to discuss all matters directly affecting foreign nationals living in or visiting Phuket. Photo: Atchaa Khamlo

PHUKET: -- Governor Maitri Inthusut has assured the honorary consuls resident in Phuket that the provincial administration will do its utmost to rid the island of cheats and thugs targeting or attacking tourists.

The news came at a meeting at Phuket Provincial Hall on Monday where Czech Republic Honorary Consul in Phuket Anurak Tansiriroj and Finland Honorary Consul in Phuket Pamuke Achariyachai lead consuls from 12 countries to meet the new Phuket Governor, to welcome him to the island and to discuss working plans and policies between the consuls and the provincial administration.

“We are willing to support any consulates and diplomatic missions in order to build good relations between Thailand and your 12 countries,” Gov Maitri told the consuls.

“We are also ready to be part of a task force set up to solve tourist problems, such as cheats taking advantage of or thugs beating tourists,” he said.

Mr Anurak explained to the governor that the areas of responsibility for most consuls included Phang Nga and Krabi, and that tourist safety was a recurring issue.

“We are most concerned about the life and property of tourists and foreigners living in Phuket. Other problems that we need to take care of involve tourists being taken advantage of or being cheated, and the problem of transportation in Phuket,” Mr Anurak said.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...suls-19295.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-11-01

These meetings must have writers from comedy shows.

Look at the pic, everyone's barely able to keep a straight face, yet the guy on the right leaning in hasn't even given them the punch line yet, which was probably “We are also ready to be part of a task force set up to solve tourist problems...".

Governor Maitri Inthusut has assured the honorary consuls resident in Phuket that the provincial administration will do its utmost to rid the island of cheats and thugs targeting or attacking tourists.

Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm's three month drive to rid Phuket of the mafia has barely concluded and he's still busy writing the 'Mission Accomplished Succesfully' report and then this. The affront, couldn't they have waited a wee bit longer?

Its all eye candy typical Thai fashion to save face and show that they have initiated an action as a reaction from the complaints of dignitaries of countries from their favorite cash cow in Phuket, Farang tourists. Lots of smiles, shakes and empty promises.

Ironic that the subject of thugs be bought up at this meeting.

I thought the Govoner may have heard what had happened to me the week before but alas no as I was only one of three people I heard of being attacked in the same area that week.

Two weeks ago I had spent a pleasant afternoon at the beach and was driving home around 4.00 when what I can only describe as a complete maniac driving a mini bus overtook me on a blind bend nearly hitting a motorbike he swerved in front of me making me brake hard and nearly hitting a power pole.

I instinctively sounded my horn to stop him hitting the front of my truck.

His response was to block the road jump out pull open my door and punch me in the face,I managed to close my door turn round and drive off, he then started to chase me for about 10 mins.

I thought enough is enough so I pulled over and tried to talk to him to which he starts jumping up and down like a demented monkey and trys to punch out my windows.I drive off again and he finally gives up the chase.

I have since learnt that later that night he and his group of taxi thugs went round the local bars asking about me and said that if they saw me in any of their bars they would kill me and burn down the bar.

I have never seen so much hatred and anger in any ones face before and to think these animals deal with tourists on a daily basis

I have now closed my business and cancelled the opening of another one putting 6 thais out of work(I use the word work loosely as it takes 4 thais to do the job 1 could do elsewhere).

I have left Phuket.Something I should have done a while ago as Phuket has had it's day now and is only going to get worse.

I am now going to make it my goal to let everyone know how bad this place has become.Starting with 2 web sites I am working on.

Why the ---- they put horns on cars here astounds me be cause it seems you are taking your life in your hands if you use it

Most civilised countries in the world understand that you use the horn to warn other motorists you are there.

Not here it must mean something else.

So if your horn works best diconect it.

I thought the Govoner may have heard what had happened to me the week before but alas no as I was only one of three people I heard of being attacked in the same area that week.

Two weeks ago I had spent a pleasant afternoon at the beach and was driving home around 4.00 when what I can only describe as a complete maniac driving a mini bus overtook me on a blind bend nearly hitting a motorbike he swerved in front of me making me brake hard and nearly hitting a power pole.

His response was to block the road jump out pull open my door and punch me in the face,I managed to close my door turn round and drive off, he then started to chase me for about 10 mins.

I thought enough is enough so I pulled over and tried to talk to him to which he starts jumping up and down like a demented monkey and trys to punch out my windows.I drive off again and he finally gives up the chase.

I have since learnt that later that night he and his group of taxi thugs went round the local bars asking about me and said that if they saw me in any of their bars they would kill me and burn down the bar.

I have never seen so much hatred and anger in any ones face before and to think these animals deal with tourists on a daily basis

I have now closed my business and cancelled the opening of another one putting 6 thais out of work(I use the word work loosely as it takes 4 thais to do the job 1 could do elsewhere).

I have left Phuket.Something I should have done a while ago as Phuket has had it's day now and is only going to get worse.

I am now going to make it my goal to let everyone know how bad this place has become.Starting with 2 web sites I am working on.

Why the ---- they put horns on cars here astounds me be cause it seems you are taking your life in your hands if you use it

Most civilised countries in the world understand that you use the horn to warn other motorists you are there.

That guy sounds like a psycho.

A lot of them about. I can empathise with the poster abouting sounding a horn, I had a maniac pull a gun on me years ago. I don't use my horn much any more.

A lot of them about. I can empathise with the poster abouting sounding a horn, I had a maniac pull a gun on me years ago. I don't use my horn much any more.

Horns are supposed to be a safety device & a good warning signal but it seems there are becoming many more who take it as a threat & react in a violent manner (partly due to the Thai syndrome of keeping all emotions bottled up to bursting point instead of just slowly opening the relief valve & talking about their frustrations). I honked at a large bus yesterday as he was trying to scrape by on the shoulder with scant millimetres to spare & I was worried he was going to hit the back corner of my car. Seconds later as the traffic came to a standstill a head popped out the window along with verbal & aggressive arm waving so I pointed to the back of my car at which point he produced a large dagger. Perhaps if I was Thai he may not have been so aggressive as LIK has noted some carry guns. A few years back I was right behind a car where the driver was shooting at a motorcyclist in peak hour traffic near the central intersection. I saw them having an argument just before the lights turned green.

Sorry to hear that mate .I thought I had not seen you in a while.

Yeah I know one of the guy's you are talking about.

Thai on motorbike cut across in front of him at an intersection to go down the wrong side of the road guy sounds his horn Thai ---- chases him banging on side of his car.What is wrong with these people.They know they have total immunity when it comes to bashing farang.Has anyone ever noticed when you have a problem with a thai how he starts shouting for support from all the morons around him.What a cowardly race they are.

Give me a PM tell me where you are.The way I feel about this S--thole i may join you.

Just your average Thai male who are bought up like little princes who are never told off so they grow up thinking they can do anything they like with no consequense's and add to that a 30 year old with the maturity of a 5 year old.

Thai on motorbike cut across in front of him at an intersection to go down the wrong side of the road guy sounds his horn Thai ---- chases him banging on side of his car.What is wrong with these people.They know they have total immunity when it comes to bashing farang.Has anyone ever noticed when you have a problem with a thai how he starts shouting for support from all the morons around him.What a cowardly race they are.

Give me a PM tell me where you are.The way I feel about this S--thole i may join you.

Tried to call you.Have you changed your number?

It shook me up at first and terrified my girlfriend who has wanted to move for a while now as she has heard how the locals talk about us farang with hatred.

Strangely it has done me a favour.

I am paying a third of the rent in a much friendlier place and it looks like I might even get some decent staff.

Unlike before when they spent most the time on the phone ,picking their spots or dreaming about making some more money lying on their backs.

Can't see me ever coming back to Phuket even for a visit.

"Tried to call you.Have you changed your number?"

Yes sorry I have changed my business number lost phone and all numbers.I will pm my new number.

Just a thought, do you know which taxi drivers they were?

It would be good to know so can avoid them.Not that I will have anything to do with the taxi scum but others may like to know.

Apparently they are some big mafia scum family from Rawai.Based out side Serenity (by Sai Yuan lights) and by the Freedom bar.

I recently read somewhere they have have set up a hotline for cheats and ripp offs.

Wonder when they are going to set up a thugs hotline.

I mean who do you call.I thought about the police then thought that was a waste of time.I did inform my consul but then what is he going to do?

So basiclly you are on your own if anything like this happens.

Tried to call you.Have you changed your number?

It shook me up at first and terrified my girlfriend who has wanted to move for a while now as she has heard how the locals talk about us farang with hatred.

Strangely it has done me a favour.

I am paying a third of the rent in a much friendlier place and it looks like I might even get some decent staff.

Unlike before when they spent most the time on the phone ,picking their spots or dreaming about making some more money lying on their backs.

Can't see me ever coming back to Phuket even for a visit.

So were did you go ? I'm asking because as high season is coming I can see its getting worse everttime, thinking of moving myself