Offroad - My Front Wheel Is Jumping Sideways In Soft Sand

TramsRepus

Well we are not scientists either here.

We just talk about our experiences so if the OP ever wanted a scientific explanation, i am sure he is at the wrong placebiggrin.png

A couple of centimeters in sand does not require a scientific something i am sure.

I guess sand can have many different variations, like snow. Very fine sand, medium sand grain and very coarse sand grain. Different material consistency. Wet sand, dry sand. Different layers of sand (wet/dry/consistency/...). Layers of sand on a hard surface like stone. And all possible combinations.

Has nothing to do with "scientific explanation". But i guess its interesting for people who want to do serious offroad riding in sand. Or if you want to do Paris-Dakar laugh.png

haha wantan.

sure there are different types of sand and i hope one day someone prepare a research like "The Impact Level of Diffirent Kinds of Sand at the Front Wheel" so we can have a scientific explanation of it.

But i prefer to practice and overcome it instead of waiting for this research biggrin.png

just try, explore and find a way man. That is all. hahah

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

haha wantan.

sure there are different types of sand and i hope one day someone prepare a research like "The Impact Level of Diffirent Kinds of Sand at the Front Wheel" so we can have a scientific explanation of it.

But i prefer to practice and overcome it instead of waiting for this research biggrin.png

Thanks, now i have the title for my research study:

"The effect of different kinds of sand to the directional stability of the front wheel on gasoline-driven two-wheelers".

Who is lending me a dual-sport or cross bike for the practical part of the study? Sponsors are welcome. Estimated duration for this highly scientifically study is five years laugh.png

haha wantan.

Thanks, now i have the title for my research study:

"The effect of different kinds of sand to the directional stability of the front wheel on gasoline-driven two-wheelers".

Who is lending me a dual-sport or cross bike for the practical part of the study? Sponsors are welcome. Estimated duration for this highly scientifically study is five years laugh.png

I would be happy to lend you one of my Husqvarna enduro big-bore 2-stroke bikes. But only for a couple of rides. The other hitch is that I am in the USA and you would have to come here to do your study. But sure, I am up for it. Maybe we can get some funding from Husqvarna USA. 5555555555

Maybe someday, Honda or Yamaha or Kawasaki will see the value in building a street-legal dual sport bike that has both reasonable power AND is light weight. As far as I can see, no factory has done that yet. Until then, we can all be happy riding really fun bikes ( Honda CRF250L or Kawasaki KLX250) that happen to be way overweight and underpowered.