Tb Check In Uk

If your wife has been in the UK for one month? then she should not have got into the UK on a Settlement Visa,without a TB Clearance Certificate in Bangkok. So why not show her TB Clearance Certificate to the NHS?

She shouldnt need the test in the UK. Even though the TB Cert is only valid for 6 months it would have been valid when you entered the UK. Probably the UK hospital is unaware of the TB requirements now in force for UK settlement. Previously there was no requirements and tests were done in the UK (usually at Heathrow) but I dont know when this changed.

She shouldnt need the test in the UK. Even though the TB Cert is only valid for 6 months it would have been valid when you entered the UK. Probably the UK hospital is unaware of the TB requirements now in force for UK settlement. Previously there was no requirements and tests were done in the UK (usually at Heathrow) but I dont know when this changed.

At a minimum of 4 years ago,and I suspect longer than that.

Sounds like a misunderstanding, I would call the hospital and explain your wife has had a test only a few weeks ago, have you just registered her with a GP? seems they probably do not understand that your wife has recently had a test or they get money for referrals (seems every time I go to the doctor or chemist they looking to do tests that I do not need just to hit targets for extra government money).

I doubt that this is anything to do with the UKBA or her visa; she's already met their requirements.

It may well be standard procedure for new patients registering at that doctor's surgery or in that PCT's area.

I don't see a problem with going. It wont cost you anything, except time and maybe inconvenience, and will be confirmation, I hope, that she is free from TB.

Hi,

This is normal process for the NHS to check for TB once your wife has registered with a GP in the UK, its nothing to do with UKBA.

When my wife & 2 sons came over in 2010 the same happened and they all had to go to the hospital for a quick check, They also tested my youngest who has a UK passport and not subject to Immigration restrictions as he lived in Thailand previously.

Andy